Coming over to say hi but feeling nervous!!

LucyJ

Mummy to Benjamin xx
Reaction score
Hey,

I thought I would come over here and introduce myself I am very nervous. It has been nearly 7 weeks since I suffered a MMC my husband and I found out at our 12 week scan that our little apple pip (what we had been calling our baby) had died at 10 weeks we were devastated it was just the worse news we could of been given this was our first pregnancy and we were so happy. We had had an early scan at 6 weeks where we had seen our little one's lovely little heartbeat and I don't think I will ever understand why my little apple pip contiuned to grow and develop inside me then died I still wonder if its something I did although my husband, family and my dr have reassured me that it wasn't my fault. I had an erpc done and on the 1st May got my period so my husband and I have decided to start trying agian it took us nearly a year to get pregnant with apple pip and I worry that it could take that long again I'm 30 this year and my husband is coming up 39 so our age does worry a little although I have been told it shouldn't worry me.

I want to be a Mum so much my husband will make such a great dad we will never forget out lost little one and it breaks my heart that I will never get to see or hold my little apple pip but I do feel like we our ready to try again. I am so scared the same thing will happen again, I guess I'm just looking for some advice and support the ladies on the miscarriage thread have been great but I felt it was time to come over here and say hi. Sorry for such a long post. I do have one question how did you feel when you started trying again? and my period finished on the 6th may but since the 11th May I have been getting some period like pains and having some spotting I'm not sure if this is normal or it means anything, I've got an appointment to see a dr next week as wanted to discuss trying again see if theres anything else I should be doing. I think I should ovulate this weekend although I am my parents so don't think we will get a chance to well you know what!! :blush:

Thank you for reading this and I am sorry for such a long post. :hugs: to you all.

Hi Lucy.
Firstly i am very sorry for your loss ((hugs))

I lost our baby due to ectopic in jan this yr and i too was devastated. It was our first pregnancy also. I am 29 and dh is 30. We had to wait for 3 cycles before ttc again due to the surgery i had. We are currently on cycle 2 of ttc this time around. Hoping we will get our bfp this cycle...

MC are very common with first pregnancies hun, so there is no reason why your next pregnancy shouldnt be fine ;-)

we are all here to support eachother and we all knw how u are feeling xxx

so sorry for your loss... :hugs:

The girls here are FAB xx

Lucy - so sorry for your loss - it is such a terrible time and everything about ttc seems so daunting afterwards and there seems so much to worry about.

You'll get tons of support here - everyone's lovely.

Hope you get the green light at the drs :)

hx

Hi LucyJ, and welcome. I'm so sorry for the loss of your little pip. You have gone through a lot lately. I'm glad to hear your body is getting back on track. Getting your first period can be so relieving. I almost always have a little mid-cycle spotting that comes a week before ovulation. I've had a lot of tests done and we think it is just my hormones gearing up to ovulate. It's good that you are going to check in with your doctor, but my guess is it is nothing to worry about. Your body is still recovering and your hormones may still be a little out of whack.

Sadly, doctor's often don't know why we miscarry. Even after a million tests, I've been told both of mine were due to bad luck. Your doctor may not be able to tell you what more you can do as you ttc this time around. My advice would be to take the best care of yourself physically and emotionally as you can. That's about all you can do. Nothing you did caused this, though I know we've all had those thoughts run through our head.

I'm glad you came over to this section. I sometimes go over to the miscarriage section, but for me, it often brings back my trauma as the women are often just experiencing their losses. On this section, we are all looking towards the future. While I know I'm scared like you, I'm also hopeful that I will bring a baby into this world. I think you'll find the support here that will help you feel hopeful too. Welcome.

xoxo :hugs:

Sorry for your loss Lucy. I have found this place just so welcoming and supportive and sure you will too :hugs:

Thank you for all your replies it's good to know I have somewhere to go for support and I hope I can provide some support to all of you as well.

Had a bit of a wobble had a thing to go to today and there was a lady with her beautiful baby girl 4 months old I handeled it quite well but then as we were leaving there was this other lady going on about how she couldn't possibly eat anything else as she had a baby to make room for then flashed her bump around not this lady's fault as she didnt know me or what I had been through just broke my heart and reminded me that I should have a bump I would of been 20 weeks this coming friday just found it hard luckily I had my mum and husband with me.

:hugs: to all

Sorry for your loss hunni, hope your stay here is a short one :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"