Compliments

K

Katieeeee

I actually had 2 compliments today, one was from 2 policewomen who said "you're looking very glamourous for a pregnant woman!" (I didn't know pregnant women stereotypically looked like scrubbers but it made me feel good nevertheless!) and "well I see you haven't put on ANY weight at all- you're all bump!" which was so nice to hear when all I feel like right now is a fat mess....these compliments have been really REALLY appreciated when all I normally get when I'm out in public are GLARES from people and the sounds of people staring and then clearing their throats, because although I am 22, I look about 16...has anyone else had any really nice compliments from strangers? I'm always reading about the rude things people have had to endure from the general public but never the nice things! xx

Nope nothing, All i get is " bloody hell lynds you look ill " or i get " blimey you look dead, oops i mean pale " yeh cheers for that! lol

No, no compliments for me either :( Best I've got is "oh, you're not as big as I thought you'd be"
I took that as a kind-of compliment, but I do look like crap so it's not surprising!!!

Love your comment about all pregnant women looking like scrubbers lol!!! That made me giggle - what are we supposed to look like??!!!!!?? :)

I always get told im all bump and i havent gained anywhere else well except my butt an boobs haha. I love how people stare though im 27 and i look like early 20's which i personally think would be fine but i guess some people dont haha

I did have someone today saying I looked really good . . . I said just wait until I have had LO then I will look like crap again!

I also had someone say - 'you do really look pregnant now' (said in a nice way tho) - I just laughed and said, 'well that's good, one month to go and I finally look pregnant!'

Ive been told i "suit being pregnant" which i dont really know how to take!! So i suit having a big fat belly and waddling down the road with fat ankles do i?! haha

some people told me u dont look pregnant...its my last month so my bump is visible now...but my obstetrician told me u r the first pregnant lady for me not reached 100 lbs yet...my husband says u look more pretty in pregnancy...i m just concern about my baby to have healthy birth but on the other hand i m happy not having too much mass on my body...
but u know what..u really look gorgeous...police man was right...:thumbup::flower:

nope nothing, well my sister says am a cute pregnant woman but...

and...the oh this belly is so not sexy, from the husband. which put me in a depressed mood for days now

nope nothing, well my sister says am a cute pregnant woman but...

and...the oh this belly is so not sexy, from the husband. which put me in a depressed mood for days now

My hubby would obviously have a death wish if he said that to me!

Don't worry hun, when his gets bigger over the years, your's will be getting smaller :winkwink:

well he wouldn t even touch it.
when the baby s kickin i tell him to put his hand to feel it and he does so for 2 seconds then says that his hand got tired
!!!!!

I got my first really random nice comment today!! the women at the bank said, '' oh did you say you're expecting? (shows bump) oh wow your so neat!! '' that made me smile!

then my sister comes in from school and im putting on bio oil and she waffles, '' your massive '' hahahah, thats 16 yr olds for ya aint it?!

Ohhh, lucky you!!

Only compliments i've had are off friends and some family.

No strangers :-( - but mostly because i know i look like a fat mess! Haha.

I get a mixture of comments from a couple I got today (conveniently when I was feeling tired, sick and generally like crap) "Jesus woman you are huge" (from one of the directors where I work)- Hmmm cheers you stupid ignorant moron and "Are you still here?!?!? you look like you are going to go any moment" (from another ignorant man who is a contractor where I work, used to work with me and was an ass then as well so no change there) to the nicer "you are doing so well, not long now" and "pregnancy suits you" comments, I get the feeling those are out of sympathy as I really am not looking too good. My Maternity cover just cannot believe how people speak to me as she is following me around most of the time so therefore hears all the comments and how many of them I have to put up with and can't get over it.

I did get a nice comment in a shop today where I was getting lunch for a couple of people in my office as well as my own. the lady on the counter was being really nice to me tho in hindsight perhaps she thought I was going to scoff all of those sandwiches myself!! LOL!!

Aye I get the "You've put on no weight, you're all bump n boobs" It's nice seeing as I'm just shy of 200lbs at the moment haha.
The best part was when I was in a shop the other day and the check out woman said that, and I replied with "40lbs of bump!" her eyes nearly fell out her head LOL.
It's true tho, my legs, arms, butt, face have not gained any weight what so ever!

No compliments from strangers.... but one from a friend that said my bump looks neat and so cute :)
and my hubby saying to me im the pretiest pregnant woman he has ever seen

Ah bet that made you day :thumbup:

I haven't had any compliments from strangers but a lot of friends/family say "You're all bump" which i am taking to be a good thing as it must mean i don't look fat anywhere else (although in my childish mind i imagine a giant belly walking down the street instead of me, with no arms or legs or a head :rofl: )

My doctor (who is a total sweety) said yesterday (as I commented that I felt like a walrus - while trying to get up on the bed) that I was all bump and had put on only the exact amount for baby's growth rate.

Hurrah!!!

Take that hubby, I said to him the other day that I didnt think I'd put weight on anywhere except bump, but he disagreed and said my butt and legs looked bigger. Ha! Charming! I do always tell him to be honest I suppose!!

:)

Nope nothing, All i get is " bloody hell lynds you look ill " or i get " blimey you look dead, oops i mean pale " yeh cheers for that! lol

im with DizzyMoo all i get is "You look Ill, your a Ghost next to her (her could be anyone with an ounce more colour than me" or "ant they given you any iron tablets yet!" or even "well your puttin it on now rnt ya lass!!!" NIICCEEE!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->