Conan?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Ok this may sound weird but oh suggested the name Conan for a boy, at first I laughed as I thought of Conan the Barbarian but when I looked into it and saw its meaning and that it's a such strong Irish name (I like Irish names it goes with surname well) iv come to love it!

Do u automatically think of Arnie when u hear Conan?

I suggested it to my mum last night and she loved it but my dad said The barbarian!

I need something different as our other 2 have quite unusual names and the ONLY other name oh likes is Nate which u liked but now think its too like mate!

Aagghhh

If I'm honest, I'd never heard of Conan the barbarian! So for for, I didn't think of that.

I've never heard of the name either before and didn't know that it was Irish but now thinking about it, I see it!

It's quite nice, different but not way out there weird

Xx

I think of Conan the late night talk show host.

I love the name conan and used it for my dog. Everyone thus far though laughs and says "hes conan the barbarian!" Always everyones first thought. But on the other hand your son might like it.

With my son I am going with kent even though many cant pronounce it in the countries I live because it is a family name. So to get everyone to understand I have to say "like superman, clark kent" then everyone gets it.

I think of the talk show host but since I don't watch it nothing bad comes to mind lol. I like it :)

I think of Conan O Brian as well. Nothing bad, I like the name :)

I know a Conan, and a few barbarian jokes have been made but nothing that would put me off using it as a name if I liked it - go for it :)

I think its quite out there and your other children names aren't (in fact Eden is pretty common now)

Connor is similar and not too common but is less likely to be linked to joke-able references

Never heard of "the barbarian". I like Conan

I'm down with it. Realize that you will get "Conan the Barbarian" comments periodically, but if you can live with that, there's no reason why you shouldn't use it.

I think that for your future sons generation they aren't really going to be too familiar with Conan the Barbarian.

I am in my late 20s and I know of Conan the Barbarian but not enough to tell anyone much about it.

I know a Conan. I love it much prefer it too Connor which I find sounds too common :) xx

I think its quite out there and your other children names aren't (in fact Eden is pretty common now)

Connor is similar and not too common but is less likely to be linked to joke-able references

My close cousin is called Connor and is very common by me! Ohhh I hope Eden isn't common! I only know my Eden!

Thanks ladies! Oh is saying he wants Nate now! I'm not so sure think il push for Conan when in labour as I know il get what I want haha x

My DH and i are thinking of the name Cannon- very similar :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->