Concerned about diet

I couldn't stomach veg or meat during the whole of my first pregnancy. i lived off fruit and pot noodles. my little girl came out perfect. please dont worry.

Eat what you want when you want.
Maybe aim for a piece of fruit a day.
If you are leaving him, spend whatever the hell you like!

Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby and Child Care by Sally Fallon Morell and Thomas Coman, MD

"Babies will take what they need even from non nutritive food, what you eat in the first trimester doesn't matter" and similar statements are utter nonsense not based whatsoever on provable data and demonstrate the woeful ignorance in modern societies towards nutrient dense foods appropriate for growing human beings

Good luck during this time of great growth and change!

I think when women have said that, they are referring to the fact that the baby can take nutrients already stored in the mother's tissues and in the first trimester the baby isn't directly and only getting nutrients from the food. My midwife has said a similar thing and this article also seems to indicate this: https://www.netplaces.com/pregnancy-nutrition/first-trimester-expectations/nutritional-concerns.htm

I do agree with previous posters because it's not like I'm like, "Yay! I'm pregnant! I'm going to indulge in crappy food because I can use pregnancy as an excuse!" Lol. It is literally that I put some foods in my mouth and they actually and really, truly, honestly, make me throw up. Or make me gag and almost throw up. Or I can't stand the smell of them anymore. I DO take very high quality prenatal vitamins and I had an excellent nutrient-dense, local, organic, balanced diet and hydration before becoming pregnant. I took a green superfood supplement in my water, I drank litres of water every day with lemon in it, exercised every day. Never ate ice cream, rarely ever ate any junk food, the majority of my food was unprocessed. However, I cannot eat I would say 98% of what I used to LOVE. I quite literally vomit. In the toilet. Everything I've eaten lol. So I think the point lots of ladies are making is that eating healthy food only to vomit it all up moments later is not going to give you more nutrients than eating some less-healthy food that does stay down. I don't think anyone here is advocating to just completely disregard what is healthy just because they're being reckless or ill informed.

I just am apt to agree because if I tried to eat exactly how I used to eat, I would be puking pretty much every time I ate, which would dehydrate me, deplete me of nutrients AND make me not able to keep a prenatal vitamin down, so I'd be further depleted. I was worried before about nutrition until I read these woman's posts and realized that even eating lower nutrition foods right now that my body will accept allows me to keep at least something down and allows me to keep prenatals down. So I'm not in the camp of people who hate on first trimester mommies who eat weird and not necessarily nutritive food because it's the only thing they can keep down, because now I'm one of them :haha:

Believe me, I studied nutrition unprofessionally before becoming pregnant because I was so interested in it. I ate everything you could imagine... kale, a panorama of organic vegetables and fruits, I made juices, smoothies, home made everything, even home made organic stocks! I swore I was going to eat perfectly healthy during my pregnancy! Then I started puking and literally the ONLY things I can keep down are potato chips and a few other non-healthy things. But yeah I think I'm just reitterating myself here. Suffice it to say I'm no longer worried and for the time being, I will continue to try to find healthy things I can keep down, but I'm not going to try to force myself to eat foods that just make me vomit because that is so counter-productive lol

Skywalker, I hope you haven't bumped into those haters of first tri mom's eating weird food. I'm sorry to hear that your oh is so unsupportive, try to ignore him and do what's right for you. I'm having to get preggers via donor eggs right now because of my condition and my oh said ... 'Can't I just send a vial (of sperm) with you on the plane over to Czech Republic (where I'm getting treatment. No concern for me whatsoever. I told him I might as well use donor sperm!!! He didn't like that reply too much, but seriously shake off what he says and do what's right for you bella. Men will come and go, your children will always be there, and you are your number 1 priority :flower:
I just wanted to ask you if your doctor offered you pregnancy safe anti nausea meds? I have an amazing female doc who explained them to me... They aren't new and I don't know why more women aren't offered them, 'Diclectin Tabs" meant specifically for preg women, 2 before bed to prevent sickness in the am and 1 at noon if wares off and you still feel ill. You're not supposed to wait to get sick before you take them they are preventative. I didn't need them, my ms only came on when I wasn't eating frequently enough. I had to always have a semi-full never hungry feeling in order to prevent feeling sick. I know each pregnancy is different (so we should NEVER judge each other) and after Dec (when I go through the donor egg treatment) I might have twins and potentially need them.

I am the same way now! Nothing healthy sounds good or tastes good. All I want is pizza. :wacko:

Eat what you want and what you can. If you can keep it down, eat it, if you can't don't waste your time with it. Especially stuff that hurts coming back up. I know orange juice is really good for you but I don't bother drinking it because it will hurt to puke it up. What I hve eatten today is a slice of raspberry Danish, stuffed bread sausage, chocolate pudding, 3 mozzarella string cheese, 2 cups chocolate milk, 1 can of ginger ale, 4 handfuls of yogurt covered raisins. I may have some leftover meatballs in a moment too.

I do sometimes wonder whether our bodies make us eat what we are missing. So perhaps because you were eating so healthily pre-pregnancy, your body needs to stack some fat on? I have pretty low BMI, and really wanted high fat and high calcium food at first, so just went with it :flower: I definitely put on a good bit of fat over the first few weeks. I think my body was building up reserves :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->