Concerned about how much formula my 12 week old is having!

lola_90

Reaction score
My boy up until a few weeks ago was only having between 3-4oz every 2-4 hours

Now he is having between 7-9oz every 3ish hours and still seems hungry :shrug:

Last night he drank 7oz straight and still seemed hungry so i made another 3 oz he drank that and he woke up 3 hours later screaming for more food!

A 4 weeks ago he was sleeping in 8 hour stretches now im lucky if he will sleep 5!

He is a big boy, weighed 10lb at birth and now weighs 15lb 6oz and is on 91st percentile for weight and 99.8th for height.

I didn't think he would drink this much for another couple of months, not sure if he is having a growth spurt?

Was thinking about maybe giving him a bottle of hungry baby milk at night. But if it is a growth spurt then will obviously just continue feeding him as normal.

Just looking for a bit of reassurance if anyone's babies had done something similar?

:flower:

Hi babies do tend to have a growth spurt around 12 weeks and can also start teething so this may disrupt his sleep pattern. x

my sister had the same problem hun so she just moved her son onto the hungry baby milk. Her last 2 babies have been 10lb and 10lb 6oz at birth. By 12 weeks they were both on 8/9oz bottles every 3/4 hours. xx

12 weeks & 17 weeks are classic starts of growth spurts, just ride it out and you'll be fine :)

Thank you, he's had less today, so not sure if the growth spurt had ended!

Hi, my little girl must be having a growth spurt too as she has been sleeping from 9-10pm until 8-9am for the last few weeks. Lastnight all she wanted to do was feed and had an extra 6ozs. She normally drinks 6ozs every 3 hours. She didnt settle until at least 1am. She seems more content today and is asleep now. Definately sounds lile a growth spurt though. x

Lola, 3-4 ounces doesn't seem much for his age?

On the side of my aptamil box for 8-12 weeks it suggests 180ml which is just over 6 ounces.

As you know I've just switched from expressing to FF, and Jacob takes 6 ounces every 3-4hrs which was exactly the same as what he was having of breastmilk.

ETA - Our boys weigh the same! :D

Jacob is also on hungry baby formula as the normal stuff wasn't satisfying him.

On the side of my aptamil box for 8-12 weeks it suggests 180ml which is just over 6 ounces.

As you know I've just switched from expressing to FF, and Jacob takes 6 ounces every 3-4hrs which was exactly the same as what he was having of breastmilk.

Oh my goodness he is getting so old!!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

I know, he was having that till he was around 8/9 weeks, then was having 4oz every 3 hours, then a week lateer 5oz every 3 hours, its just been the last week that he has now shot up to 7-9oz!

Before that we would always make 4oz and he would normally only have just over 3oz. At night time he would make and only drink 1 or 2oz now he will easily drink 7oz!!!

Worried about how big he is going to get!! He is on the 99.8th percentile for length and his head circumference!

xxx

Lennon is 3 months on the 20th and for the past two weeks I have been making 8 oz. He often drinks the full bottle and goes every three hours. He's stayed on the 75th percentile for weight and he sleeps 10-12 hours a night. If he's drinking it without being sick then feed him :). Don't panic, all babies grow differently.

My little girl is 12 weeks old this week and has 6ozs every 4 hours, sometimes goes a bit longer. She sleeps at night for about 7 to 8 hours.

As someone else has said each baby grows differently :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->