Concerned about swelling and headaches!

angelbump

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm 16 weeks and the last week I've been suffering really really bad headaches.
Now I'm prone to headaches anyway so know my normal headaches and these are awful and don't really go away with paracetamol.
I wouldn't be totally concerned if it wasn't for the fact that the last 3-4 weeks I've been swelling quite alot, I had to take my wedding ring off at 14 weeks!
The swelling is very unusual for me until it gets warmer!

I know they are signs of pre eclampsia but everywhere I've read says it is extremely rare before 20 wks.

Has anyone had this before and been absolutely fine? I feel like I'm huge this time round and it's probably due to all the swelling.

Any advice would be great x

Hi ladies,
I'm 16 weeks and the last week I've been suffering really really bad headaches.
Now I'm prone to headaches anyway so know my normal headaches and these are awful and don't really go away with paracetamol.
I wouldn't be totally concerned if it wasn't for the fact that the last 3-4 weeks I've been swelling quite alot, I had to take my wedding ring off at 14 weeks!
The swelling is very unusual for me until it gets warmer!

I know they are signs of pre eclampsia but everywhere I've read says it is extremely rare before 20 wks.

Has anyone had this before and been absolutely fine? I feel like I'm huge this time round and it's probably due to all the swelling.

Any advice would be great x
I’m sorry but I think any suspicion of pre eclampsia I would check with your doctors. Better safe… good luck!!

It's highly doubtful to have it at 16 weeks, but I'd go to your doctor for a blood pressure check and urine check to be safe! Hugs! I had severe preeclampsia with my daughter at 26 weeks and it came on fast and the swelling was unreal. I hope all is well with you and your baby <3

Thanks ladies, I know it rare at this stage and tbh I tend to have quite low blood pressure normally which is usually very low during pregnancy. Not worryingly so but I'm always on the low end.
I'll definitely get onto them tomorrow x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->