Concert in aid of The Baby Loss Awareness Campaign

Kota, you star! Thank you. PM me your details and i'll send you some ribbon and pins! Think you're right about positive stats on there, will have a look at those websites you suggested.

Sb22 Thank you! I'm on twitter too @taohwa.

Thank you all for your support!! After the weekend I may have 2-3ore people on board to perform!!! Stefan Booth and Shane Ritchie are checking their diaries as we speak!! Keep your fingers crossed!!

:hugs: to everyone

Awww I hope Shane can do something!

I did a wee bit of 'spamming' for you yday on FB! xxxxx

Thank you sb!!

I'm back from Hong Kong now and on the case with the concert. I am going to flood the internet over the next 10 days!!

I've started 2 discussions on the WhatsOnStage discussion board. If anyone fancies going on and commenting (subtely! :)) then please feel free to do so! Link is: https://www.whatsonstage.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9289

Still trying to blag a thing of helium from somewhere. Any ideas anyone? Have tried BOC and the first few results from google search... no answer from them...

These are the facts and figures that I have so far... anyone have anything to add or remove from it?

ECTOPIC
• Ectopic pregnancy affects 1 in 80 pregnancies in the UK.

• This means the pregnancy is developing outside the womb - most often in one of the Fallopian tubes. This condition is life-threatening for the mother and, with exceedingly rare exceptions, the pregnancy cannot survive.
• It results in at least 32,000 emergency admissions into hospital every three years.
• An average of five deaths per year is caused by this condition.
• This figure has not fallen in the past 20 years and the incidence of ectopic pregnancy is rising.
MISCARRIAGE
• More than one in five pregnancies ends in miscarriage - around a quarter of a million in the UK each year.

• 15% of all pregnancies ends in a miscarriage
• Most miscarriages happen in the first three months of pregnancy - but they can happen up to the 24th week. Pregnancy loss after 24 weeks is known as stillbirth.
• Any woman who is at risk of pregnancy is also at risk of miscarriage - it can happen to anyone.
• It is common for women who have miscarried to feel high levels of anxiety in a subsequent pregnancy.
• Most women never know what has caused them to miscarry. Investigations are generally limited to women who have had three or more miscarriages. Even after investigations, in many cases a specific cause is not found.
• Recent research amongst a sample of over 300 women who had experienced miscarriage showed:
• nearly half (45%) of them did not feel well informed about what was happening to them
• only 29% felt well cared for emotionally
• nearly four out of five (79%) received no aftercare
• Access to information and emotional support has been shown time and time again to help people cope with the experience of loss
• Even after several miscarriages, most women have a good chance of a successful pregnancy.
•

Stillbirth
• The term stillbirth refers to death at, or before birth, of any baby who is more than twenty-four weeks.
• Data collected in 1999 for England and Wales by the Office For National Statistics found that there were 279 Sudden Infant Deaths (SID. The SID rate remained the same as in 1998 at 0.45 per 1,000 live births.
• During the period 1995-1999, SID was more prevalent amongst boys than girls. During that time, 60% of all SIDs occurred amongst boys, whilst boys accounted for 51% of all live births. 88% of all SIDs occurred in the postnatal period.
• There were 31% more SID in the three months of January to March than in July to September.
• SID rate was highest where children were born to mothers aged under 20 at time of birth.
• SID rate was lowest for babies born within marriage.
• The SID rate for babies born within a marriage where it was the mother's first birth was 64% lower than the overall SID rate.
Neonatal Death
• Neonatal death is the term for babies that die within four weeks of birth. In fact, most neonatal deaths happen within one week of the birth - in the UK this represents about 1 in 100 births.
• There is usually no single reason for stillbirth or neonatal death,
• There are perhaps several factors involved.
• The most common reasons are low birth-weight and congenital abnormalities.
• Sometimes the placenta fails towards the end of the pregnancy, or even during labour and sometimes the stress of birth is too great for the baby.
• Rarely, something goes tragically wrong during labour, resulting in the death of the baby.
• After the death of a baby, it is quite natural for parents to ask whether they "did anything wrong", whether they could have done something differently/better etc. However, the reality is that it is extremely unlikely that anything you did or didn't do would have avoided this outcome.

Hi, im still coming down, and me and my friend Lynen will be happy to help with anything you need during the day and on the evening.

Ill PM you to give you my number and get yours so we know what we are doin, really looking forward to it, and meeting everyone at last.

Lauraxxx

Peach - have you sent those ribbons to me yet??
With all the postal strikes going on at the moment I'm really hoping they turn up in time for me to do them all for Thursday!!!

Hey honey, hope all is going well with the arrangements :)

XXXXX

We've sold 126 tickets so far!! Have to try and work out how to pick up a helium canister from Brockley on Weds eve or Thursday morning... At the same time as delivering a keyboard to the theatre!

I've made about 40 riibbons and probably have enough to make another 30 or so... Hope they get to you soom Kota!! Bloody Royal Mail!:hissy:

Fantastic going on the ticket sales!!

Yeah its very exciting! We've reached the level that we needed to make sure we covered the cost of the venue. So all money from now on goes to the charities! :happydance:

Tomorrow's the day! Thank you all for your support and help setting this all up. I'll try and put up the film of the concert as soon as possible afterwards. This is girls! Fingers crossed its a success!! :) xx

Morning honey,

Just wanted to say good luck tonight, I'll be thinking of you and I so wish I could have made it.

Break a leg (cheesey I know :rofl:)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you lovely! Getting a bit nervous now!! :)

So glad your scan went well yesterday! So exciting! :hugs:

No mail yet!!! Not impressed! May still turn up this morning..

what time you want me at the theatre for Peach??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->