Concert in aid of The Baby Loss Awareness Campaign

Peach blossom

What I think you are doing is amazing. I've not replied on this thread or your other one for messages for ages now as I've been thinking about what I want to say... but you know what, I still can't think. Everything I come up with just doesn't seem right.

Anyway, I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your thread as I've obviously been on this board for a while now. Good luck with it all xx

Looks good!!

Random song thought. Movie Charlottes Web, where the little girl is singing to the piglet at the very start, a beautiful song lyrics below, if you could get someone to sing that as well it could quite possibly suit the theme,

There must be something more to us than you and me
It must be tangled up some how, its destiny
I used to think the sum of one and one was two
But we add up to more me and you

When we are close together it’s so plain to see
Together we are better than we used to be
I don’t know how to say the things I’m thinking of
But this something more I’m feeling must be love

(INSTRAMENTAL)

I used to think the sum of one and one was two
But we add up to more me and you
I don’t know how to say the things I’m thinking of
But this something more I’m feeling must be love

Wow, I'd totally forgotten that movie!! What a lovely song. I'll forward it to my sil and see if we can fit it in somewhere. It could be a lovely duet possibly.

Hope you're ok.

xxx :hugs: xxx

Yeah, its beautiful, I actually can't listen to it without starting to cry anyway!!

Wow, just listened to this song... It is beautiful... Had to stop it as I was at my desk and started welling up. Have emailed him to see if he'll sing at the concert.
https://lifeafterloss.oswaldtheband.com/index.php

They've said they'll perform!! :happydance: Its all coming together very nicely!

So, 2 things I need help with!

Firstly, we have to have the candles in water... I have tea lights that will probably float, but aren't designed as floating candles... How do we make it look nice... answers on a postcard please!

Also, I was wondering if there are any bods out there who want to help me get in touch with all the EPU's .... There's a website I found with all of them listed on it! https://www.earlypregnancy.org.uk/findus2.asp?region=South%20East

All getting very exciting now! I went to have a look at the venue today and it looks fab! Can't wait for the event now!

Lots of love and hugs to you all. xxxxxxxx

Need help getting the word out there ladies!! As of today we've sold 11 tickets... 356 to go!!! https://www.babylossawarenessconcert.kk5.org/

Thanks!! xx

honey have you thought about GMTV? Just a thought, I know you normally need PR to go there but its not work related. (we're on it all the time). Also, posters in local hospitals.

XXX

honey have you thought about GMTV? Just a thought, I know you normally need PR to go there but its not work related. (we're on it all the time). Also, posters in local hospitals.

XXX

That's an interesting idea... have no idea how I would go about getting someone on there though... I guess Michael Mckell would be the most obvious person to go on and interview. Will look in to it. Thanks! xxx

Get in there. You can tell I work in sales :rofl: If you want me to contact them for you just email at work honey.

XXXX

Can't believe that the time is passing so quickly and it's already less than a month away before we all meet up. I will buy a ticket, just haven't got around to it yet. Will see about others coming but not much response so far. I know you've probably posted this before, but can you post a poster link please. Can't wait to meet you all

15 tickets sold so far... theatre seats 367.... Really need some help getting the message out there!! If everybody could find 2 friends who then could find 2 friends to come we'd sell out in no time!

Press release went out today. Hoping to get some press coverage for the event. Have also posted on Doctors (BBC soap) forums telling people that Michael is performing. Local businesses around where I work are putting posters up for me.

Off to Hong Kong tonight, but will continue publicising from afar.

The Baby Loss Awarness Campaign co-ordinator emailed me today and said that they couldn't supply us with ribbons on a sale or return basis... I'd have to buy them in advance to then sell on. What do you think? Will people want to buy them and if so how many shall I get?

hmmm, thats a tough one, possibly 1/3 to 1/2 of the tickets sold?

Not long to go now!! Still struggling on the old ticket sales front, but I'm confident we'll get there!!

I went down to Sham Shui Po yesterday which is where all the haberdashery shops are and guess what? The first shop I went in to had the ribbon that they use for the Baby Loss Awareness Campaign ribbons!! So I bought 20 yards and 100 saftey pins... Busy 2 weeks ahead of me I think! Anyone want me to send them some to do?

Chilli, I can't remember if I told you this, but we don't need a projector anymore... the venue has rather posh large video screens either side of the stage and we can plug a laptop in to them and Bob's your uncle!! Thank you for sourcing one though.

could those of you who offered to come down to the theatre on the day to help with getting things ready just remind me who you are so that I can make sure I have something for you to do!! :)

During the candle lighting ceremony, instead of having someone sing, I think we'll just have a piece of music playing and I may do a fact and figures slideshow on the screens. If anyone has any to include please feel free to pass them on! Think I'll start it with what I believe was the first thing the consultant said to me after I found out my LO's heartbeat had stopped: "1 in 4 pregancies end in miscarriage"... first thing she said to me!!

Hope you're all well. xxx

Not long to go now!! Still struggling on the old ticket sales front, but I'm confident we'll get there!!

I went down to Sham Shui Po yesterday which is where all the haberdashery shops are and guess what? The first shop I went in to had the ribbon that they use for the Baby Loss Awareness Campaign ribbons!! So I bought 20 yards and 100 saftey pins... Busy 2 weeks ahead of me I think! Anyone want me to send them some to do?

Chilli, I can't remember if I told you this, but we don't need a projector anymore... the venue has rather posh large video screens either side of the stage and we can plug a laptop in to them and Bob's your uncle!! Thank you for sourcing one though.

could those of you who offered to come down to the theatre on the day to help with getting things ready just remind me who you are so that I can make sure I have something for you to do!! :)

During the candle lighting ceremony, instead of having someone sing, I think we'll just have a piece of music playing and I may do a fact and figures slideshow on the screens. If anyone has any to include please feel free to pass them on! Think I'll start it with what I believe was the first thing the consultant said to me after I found out my LO's heartbeat had stopped: "1 in 4 pregancies end in miscarriage"... first thing she said to me!!

Hope you're all well. xxx

I'm still good to come down and be the chick that blows up balloons during the afternoon!! and yep, am also happy to do some of the ribbons for you. will give me something to do while I'm at home.. shall I PM you my details??

I like the idea of the stats thing, as much as they suck to hear when you're actually having the m/c, I know for me they at least gave me solace that it wasn't just me... Think there needs to be some 'positive stats' in there as well.. ie/ the percentage of women that go on to have healthy pregnancies after a m/c and that sort of thing?

A couple of links to help with possible stats/figures

https://www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/ma2006/information/causes.htm

https://www.tommys.org/Page.aspx?pid=383

https://tommyssecure.org/corporate-support/statistics/key-statistics/miscarriage-statistics.htm

Hey ladies,

I'm going to get twittered out my nut and post up the website for me followers xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->