Confessions of a WTT'er

Winter Belle

Reaction score
I'm guessing that I'm not alone here and some of these are the same for you guys and for TTC'ers as well, so i thought I would share them with you..

These are my confessions of a Broody WWT'er... Things I do to entertain my baby thoughts..

Please feel free to add more...

1. Stare at the floor and imagine our future children playing on their playmats.

2. Looking in the mirror and imagining that the bloated tummy looking back is really the early stages of a pregnancy bump.

3. Watch "home and health" babytime every morning and afternoon telling ourselves that labour really isn't that painful.

4. List possible baby names for boys, girls, twins, etc.

5. Read every pregnancy forum and early pregnancy symptom list online and try to match symtoms.

6. List places to go with future children.. day trips, holidays, etc.

7. Find closest schools and figure our the best routes to get there and back each day.

8. Learn musical instrument so have something to teach children as they grow up. :-({|=

9. Plan where the swing and playset is going to go in the garden.

10. When curled up on sofa with OH, imagine same scenario with baby sleeping in bouncy chair in front of you. :hug:

11. Learn and list the ins and outs of your monthly cycle and question any changes as possible pregnancy symtoms.

12. Imagine cute scenarios of how to break the news of pregnancy to OH and family members.

13. Imagine a little pair of baby boots lined up alongside the shoes on your shoe rack.

14. Look at all clothes in the wardrobe and decide which will be suitable as maternity wear.

15.Take sneaky looks at the baby aisle in the super market, wishing for the day when you finally need to go down there. :baby:

Love and Light :bunny:
Winter
xxxxx

Haha, I can relate to some of these already but a few I've not reached the stage of yet! I think if I dont get pregnant straight away (very niave to think this) then I will probably start doing/thinking about the rest! xx

OMG, yes. I do several of these... I'm actually getting tempted to start stocking up on baby things for when the time comes. Eg this REALLY cute little outfit from Sainsbury's and a baby sling etc etc...

:happydance:

xx

Definitely been there. I try to picture a cute little girl just trying to walk, holding onto OH's little fingers for help. Oh it makes me so happy to think of! I'm very guilty of your #14. I have a bunch of shirts that are brought in just below the bust, so they kind of 'flow' away from my body and every time I wear them, I'm like..hey I'd look cute pregnant in that!! Haha.

I'm so tempted to buy baby clothes too. God, I might just go out and buy something now. If DH found it he'd seriously think I'd lost the plot though!

lol!!! so funny! Guilty as charged for many of these little confessions, the only one i have to add is that i have started a "baby box", you know just incase......i have some booties so far and i've already written a list of where to buy what and have my eye on some pregnancy and parenting books......*sigh* The other day i had to steal myself away from buying a pram! as if! where on earth would i hide it?? My OH would go ballistic! Personally i think that there is no harm in creating a baby box - at least it saves on the initial outlay of money when the little one does come along.....well thats my reasoning at least!
Rogue
-x-

Haha, I can just imagine your OH opening the wardrobe and being like "why is there a pram in here?"

You: "Uh, I dunno, did you put it there?" :shrug:

haha

I do a lot of these!! I tried a top on the other day and thought, yeah it'll do, it doesn't do much for my figure now but will look great once i've got a bump. And that was my reson for buying it :blush: xx

Ohhh Katy, off topic but your new siggy looks awesome :D

I brought a bib the other day, dont even know why. Then had to convince OH that it was for a friend! :rofl: He told me to 'tone down the hormones' :rofl:

K, So, yest i went into wilkinsons and couldn't help but pick up a few paint samples just to start thinking about possible colour schemes for the baby bedroom.....am i going a little too far? i'm not even in ttc yet or even have a ttc date. Be brutally honest. I have it bad i know i need to stop. nearly buying a pram is one thing but now i've also started looking at cots!!! lol(my work is right next door to a baby boutique - its like torture!!) Ahhhhhh!!

I can relate to a lot of them!

Luckily I have a little nephew that's almost 4 months and I indulge in buying him little gifts and outfits until the time comes for me.

Fantastic thread. lol and oh so true
My personal confession is having bought this gorgeous baby blanket! i know i shouldnt but i couldnt resist xx

hehe, thank you... i am also thinking of taking up knitting and sewing to make a few baby blankets.. (i can also pretend they are for the dogs if OH thinks I'm getting too obsessed!!)

Nightkd that is oh so true! I actually have a baby bouncer chair lol! was meant to give it to a friend of mine but her baby had outgrown it so I now have it in storage!

Love and Light
xxxxxxx

HAHHAa, I already started knitting a pink/purple one...I'll do a cyan/navy one next hahahah

guilty, guilty, guilty! lol I google everything pregnancy related, have figured out how long I should be in work for before I get pregnant and my best one is walking round mothercare with a calculator and making notes on what I need and want and how much it will all cost ^-^ I also stand infront of the mirror and try to make myself look pregnant to see if it suits me! hahaha

I've actually bought a maternity top from new look.

It's very pretty and makes my boobies look big! Got it in the sale, took it home and tried it on then my mum took it out the washing machine and noticed the label! I honestly hadn't realised, its such a pretty top though! I do a lot of these things although I'm not ashamed. I think it is a natural thing to do before you have a baby.

At the end of the day, we are just really being organised!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->