Confused! 8 days late, bfn?

Laurhilou

Mum and expecting #2!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Myself and my fiancé have been ttc for nearly 5 months. I'm always regular on my periods, sometimes I come on a day/two early or always on the day. I've taken 2 hpt's, one last thursday that was bfn and then one today which was also a BFN. I'm currently 8 days late for my period, and I'm getting more and more concerned by the day. My nipples are always erect (tmi, sorry) and very, very sore. Second to this, I've noticed my toilet breaks have tripled and I'm cramping all the time. I've also had an increase in discharge which makes me feel like my period is here. I feel like a div for writing this post as AF will probably turn up now tomorrow. I'd be over the moon if I was pregnant, but its really annoying me now that I haven't come on. I want AF to come, if i'm not so I can try again for this cycle. Everyday I think AF is coming because of the cramping. However, I went to the doctors today and they basically turned their nose up at me, I was in the room for approx 3 minutes and she basically told me to keep testing, and that there was nothing she could do. Could I still be pregnant even though I've had 2 bfns? The only thing that I could think that has delayed AF was the fact that I had a stuffy nose/cold 4 days after ovulation. However I read that this could also be a sign as a few people had colds and found they were pregnant. I never have colds in the winter, let alone summer. Am I reading too much into this? Late periods, especially this late reallllllly isn't me.

So yeah, as I said, is there still a chance I could be pregnant? And how should I stick this out as it's really annoying me. And My fiancé is a little reluctant to sleeping with me at the moment as he is worried AF will just show up!!

Thanks for your help guys!! :)

:dust:

xxx

Hi,

We are in the same boat!

I am 11 days late, and yesterday I got 2 *more* BFNs.

I went to get a blood test today, because I have heard SO many people say that early tests can give you false negatives.

Best thing to do is wait and take more tests; as long as AF isn't here yet, we are still in the game!

Baby dust to you!!

Aww yeah very true. The bfn's are so annoying when there's people out there who get bfp's before their periods are even due! See I would get a blood test but the fact that my doctor told me that I should do a hpt as they don't do tests anymore. I'm thinking of changing dr's anyway as I think that there was more info they could have given me yesterday apart from just shoving me to the side..

I really hope AF doesn't come, it's driving me insane though not knowing! xxx

Just an update- Another new day, and still no AF... So confused! Any possibilities I could still be ?? x

I hear you. :wacko:

I'm also going crazy and super confused, 12 days late now.

As long as we don't have AF, we are still in the game.

But every day that goes by with a :bfn: makes me feel more and more hopeless.

:hugs:

Aww yeah very true. The bfn's are so annoying when there's people out there who get bfp's before their periods are even due! See I would get a blood test but the fact that my doctor told me that I should do a hpt as they don't do tests anymore. I'm thinking of changing dr's anyway as I think that there was more info they could have given me yesterday apart from just shoving me to the side..

I really hope AF doesn't come, it's driving me insane though not knowing! xxx

I'm in the USA, but it seems strange that they would deny a blood test. I agree 100% with getting a new doctor. You need one who will be a team player when it comes to what you want going on in your body!

I went to my doctor after getting my BFP on some home pregnancy tests. The digital tests came back positive very quickly, but I took cheapies a few days later to make sure there was agreement. I was pretty sure that the faint line was just an evap line and got worried that something was wrong. I went to the doctor and she told me that home tests are designed to detect high levels of pregnancy hormone so that false positives are extremely rare. My blood test came back super positive super quick, so I have a ton of hormone in me. If you have the lower, undetectable levels then you could be pregnant and continue to get BFN's. So...I don't understand why the doctor would deny you a quantitative blood test!

I hope that this gets straightened out soon for you!:flower: The wait is terrible.

Good luck and baby dust!!! :kiss:

Kissel, how many days late for AF were you when you took the tests?

Kissel, how many days late for AF were you when you took the tests?

I was one of those jerks tested super early and got the BFP. I had an irregular cycle length the month before we tried (most likely due to stress from surgery I had back in April). That cycle was 35 days and I didn't get the positive opk until CD 19. I tested positive about 1.5 weeks after the opk.

I very highly recommend the clear blue digital tests. I wasn't sure that I was ovulating and the test confirmed that I was on top of letting us know it was time to BD. They are a little pricey compared to other tests, but they eliminated stress for us. I felt like we didn't time BD very well because they were 24 hours between and twice in one day. I started getting cramping the week before I tested, so I assumed my cycle was back on track and AF was coming. I can't describe how, but the cramping didn't seem quite the same. I was positive AF was coming and yelled at my husband for making me test so early because I knew it would be negative. Happily, I was very wrong. :happydance:

So that's my little story. I know that we got extremely lucky, so my heart goes out to all of you ladies who are having a frustrating path! BABY DUST!!! :kiss:

I'm stalking this conversation... please update us ladies :)

My update is I am not PG after all. Found out a few days ago that my anovulatory cycles are probably what caused my AF to not appear. So after 2 weeks, my doctor gave me a blood test to confirm I'm not PG and then started me on Provera to induce AF.

Will be starting round 1 of Clomid after I get my AF.

I had a day of grieving, and now I'm doing okay.

Are you late, hopeful?

HI LADIES!!!!

I was late 11 days, and took 4 Hpt's, all negative!! I finally took one more this morning just to see what was going on, and I got my BFP!!!!

i'm due 21st april 2013!!!!
wooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we're so happy!! my fiancé is over the moon!!!

:bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::crib::crib::crib::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::kiss::kiss:

BABY dust to all!!

Being late and getting neg tests doesn't mean you're not preg!!! :):):):):)

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 34
Thats great! So glad theres hope if you get those BFNs!! Congratulations!!

My update is I am not PG after all. Found out a few days ago that my anovulatory cycles are probably what caused my AF to not appear. So after 2 weeks, my doctor gave me a blood test to confirm I'm not PG and then started me on Provera to induce AF.

Will be starting round 1 of Clomid after I get my AF.

I had a day of grieving, and now I'm doing okay.

Are you late, hopeful?

I was just stalking this thread and I'm in a similar situation. I'm sorry to hear about the negative, but here's to positive thoughts and a new cycle to hopefully conceive! Good luck to you :hugs:

HI LADIES!!!!

I was late 11 days, and took 4 Hpt's, all negative!! I finally took one more this morning just to see what was going on, and I got my BFP!!!!

i'm due 21st april 2013!!!!
wooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we're so happy!! my fiancé is over the moon!!!

:bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::crib::crib::crib::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::kiss::kiss:

BABY dust to all!!

Being late and getting neg tests doesn't mean you're not preg!!! :):):):):)

How exciting, congratulations!! I am PRAYING that the same thing happens to me! I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Any more updates I'm 3 days late and still bfn I'm in the uk do you think they'll offer a blood test? Xx

Any more updates I'm 3 days late and still bfn I'm in the uk do you think they'll offer a blood test? Xx

I don't know how receptive your doctor is to your inquiries, but I pretty much insisted on my blood test (I did wait nearly 2 weeks as per their suggestion). After the blood test was negative, they put me on Provera to induce my AF. I was sad, but I'm glad I didn't wait because I had no idea when my AF would have shown up otherwise.

It is my experience that if you are assertive enough, they will likely give in to your request. But I guess it all depends on the doctor.

Lots of luck! :flower:

@laurhilou
Congrats and happy pregnancy!!

And for everyone else who is ttc and late like me....lets share our stories and lets become a waiting partnerrs :winkwink:

Im 'only' 4 days late( in abt hour) for my period and its just driving me nuts! Its sooo frustrating seeing bfns everytime!!

With my first pregnancy that unfortunately end up as missed misccariage in march, i started to have syptoms one week after ovulation- cramps, too much cm, sore nipples, peeing all the time, craving sushi.....however did not test till af was week late!

I only have very sore nipples now, started last monday, which is not usual for me. Normally i get sore nipples 3days before af ..... I do have cramps on off, but not as bad as with my previous pregnancy, cm on off too, only when cramping really.... Have taken 3 tests- one on af due day - first responce from superdrug 10 ml hcg, one day after and this morning - first vue from pound shop 20ml hcg - all bfn :cry:

Anyone on the same boat? Anyone has got similar stories? Is there any chance for me?

Baby dust to all

X

Ladies anyone?
Im now 19dpo, af 5 days late....:wacko:

Anyone on the same boat?

X

Ladies,

Just a quick updat on my situation-im PREGNANT!!

Just done clear blue tests and here is the result!!!

Baby dust to all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"