Confused about my DPO...

Orglethorp

Reaction score
I just mentioned this in a reply to another thread, but I thought I'd start another one, because I'd like some opinions.

This is my first cycle off the pill. While on the pill I was very well regulated to 28 days. Before the pill I ranged from 29-38, but most cycles were more specifically 33-35.

I didn't start doing the BBT thing until CD14, because we were supposed to be NTNP this cycle, but I decided I'd rather actively try. I've been tracking my data in a spreadsheet, and though I can have that make a chart easily, I wanted to try fertility friend. I won't be continuing because I didn't realize it's a paid service after the trial period, but what's done is done. FF tried to make estimates with the first 14 days missing, and now I'm thoroughly confused.

FF pinned my ovulation day on November 8th (CD 25), likely due to a slight dip in temperatures that went below that horizontal line it put on my chart (which is really high, if you ask me, but I think it's because of the missing data).

I think I O'd on the 5th (CD 22). I started having ovulation pain late in the evening on the 3rd, which lasted until late in the morning of the 4th. My next temp (morning of the 5th) was the lowest I've seen it yet.

CD 22: temp dipped lowest I've seen it. 1 day after ovulation pain ended. (I call this ovulation day)
CD 23: temp 0.2 celsius higher than pre-O average
CD 24: temp 0.3 celsius higher than pre-O average
CD 25: temp dipped back to pre-O average (FF called this ovulation day)
CD 26: temp up to 0.4 celsius higher than pre-O average

[ Edit to the dip on CD 25 was measured too early in the morning - I woke up freezing because the wood stove at the cabin had burnt itself out. It was cold enough to snow that weekend! ]

temp has not been lower than the CD 26 temperature, and lately has been as much as 0.7 celsius higher than pre-O average. I'm now on CD 34.

According to my interpretation, I'm 12 DPO and 14 DPO will occur on CD36, which would be about right for a somewhat normal cycle length if AF shows.

According to FF, I'm 9 DPO, which would make this month's cycle 39 days.

I was on birth control for 11 months prior to coming off it in October.
I was also on birth control for about 2 years between 2008-2010, and though I had no reason to track my cycle very closely after coming off in 2010, my cycle was relatively normal right away. No long first cycle.

Opinions? Interpretation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->