Confused about when to test, can anyone help

Discussion in 'Two Week Wait' started by Kay0102, May 31, 2013.

1. Kay0102

Kay0102 Well-Known Member

I have always based my cycles on 28 days ov on CD14 and started testing couple of days before period due with sensitive ones.

However, since doing OPKS and looking into it, I have a 27-28 day cycle and I got a positive OPK on the evening of CD11.

Soooo do I assume I ovulated on CD12 (which was 29/5 making me 2DPO today) and do I go off when period is due or DPO to test??
    If I go off DPO and tested say 11DPO (which I know ppl getting BFPs from) I would still be 4-5 days from AF being due ....
    All pregnancy tests talk about doing it ... days before period due
    xxxx

2. chulie

chulie Well-Known Member

It depends...do you want to test just once? If that's the case then wait unitl 5 days before AF to be sure.....or if your a little obsessed like...well...a lot of us....then I would take one at 11 dpo and tests every day with cheap dollar store tests or something....and NOT be dissapointed IF it is a negative on 11 dpo.....good luck

3. Kay0102

Kay0102 Well-Known Member

Aww thank you Chulie, yes I have 10MIU (sp??) tests so quite sensitive and got 5 in a pack with 30 OPKS for £3!!!! bargain so prob do one every morning from 11DPO lolx