Confused after doctors appointment

shortie1990

Mummy to two under 2 :)
Reaction score
This mornig Riley had a rash on his back and front, so immediately rang the doctors, where he says that it's German Measles,(which is rubella?) and said to just give him calpol as putting any creams or anything would just irritate it, but where I'm confused is that he's had his immunisations, and as far as I'm aware, one of them was MMR??

Has any one elses LO had these?

mmr isnt given untill 13months hun
are you sure he said german measles and not baby measles?
xx

Ooh right, he said german ones, but said it's nothin and will just disappear in a few days and as his temperature isn't too high Abd he doesn't seemed bothered by them he's ok :S

mmr isnt given untill 13months hun
are you sure he said german measles and not baby measles?
xx

I THINK that they do give it earlier in some areas in the UK, around 6mths ish.
To the OP - I don't know much about measles but I am sure if you give them a quick call the GP can confirm.
My OH had german measles as a kid and he was told to stay in a darkened room to protect his eyes so might be worth double checking to see if you can do any to help x

My doctor had a look at his rash, and said its german measles and because his temperature isn't raised it isn't just measles, where people don't like the light, and said Riley hasn't got that type, but to be fair my doctor is one of a kind, and I can't quite decide if he's just such a good doctor who knows his stuff, or he's the worst doctor and just makes stuff up :s

My doctor had a look at his rash, and said its german measles and because his temperature isn't raised it isn't just measles, where people don't like the light, and said Riley hasn't got that type, but to be fair my doctor is one of a kind, and I can't quite decide if he's just such a good doctor who knows his stuff, or he's the worst doctor and just makes stuff up :s

sounds better than mine - he talks in nonsense so I go home to google.
either that or he has a prescription written before I get in the room so we are whisked out in 2 minutes :haha:
hope your LO gets better soon x

I had german measles when I was 18, even though I had the MMR done.
I just had to stay home away from people (especially pregnant women) and drink fluids until it had gone. Your LO should be fine. :hugs:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

really wow ive never heard of that health visitor told me it wasnt to be given before 13months you learn something everyday i never get why things are done differently in different areas in the uk lol

I had german measles TWICE despite having the old seperate vaccines and the MMR when it came out.

[/QUOTE]

really wow ive never heard of that health visitor told me it wasnt to be given before 13months you learn something everyday i never get why things are done differently in different areas in the uk lol[/QUOTE]

i live in the same town as the op and they dont give it here till one the hv said its not effective till 15 months so they wouldnt give it at 6 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->