Confused by boyfriends comment.

SoInLove

Reaction score
Hiya :) not sure if you can help, but I'm hoping so.

I went out for a meal with my boyfriend, and as we were in the car, he said to me, he loves me. He then said, I wouldn't care at all if you were to get pregnant. And I said, what? He said, I wouldn't mind. I'd support you and be with you every step of the way.

I thought this was a bit out of the blue as we hadn't spoken about it at that moment. And whenever we've spoken about it before, he's said he really wants children but in the future. He is due a big pay rise at work. But I've just lost my job. I'm wondering whether this is the reason why.

Do you think he wants children now? Any suggestions/ideas would be fantastic as I'm confused.
We're both 20.

if it were me i would ask him what he meant.

he sounds like a lovely and supportive partner, good luck!

Sounds like he's getting to a stage where he's open to trying soon. I would talk to him and see what his thoughts are.

I would talk to him aswell hun! it sounds like hes ready! If you havent spoke to ur OH have you thought about it yourself??

good luck

Hey there, it sounds to me that he is getting broody!! I believe men can also get this too, although not in the same way us women do. What you have to watch, in my opinion with men, is that thay appreciate the full grvity of what having a baby does to the relationship. My hubby says he is ready e=when I am, but I really want him to know and want a baby as much as I do, and I think he is there now, after waiting another two years, good luck, he sounds like a good guy anyway.

Welcome! I'd be careful with that comment tbh. It's very sweet of him to say that he'd support you if you fell pregnant but it sounds to me like a commitment to you more than him actually wanting a child now. Also think about what it implies: He says he'd support you. In other words, you're pregnant (=your problem/responsibility) and he'd choose to be there. I know that in reality many men leave. But don't you think it would be nice to wait until your relationship is in a place where you're doing this together? As in where it's not even an option that he might leave because it's both your baby and both your responsibilty? I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. And I'm really not trying to talk this down, I think it's a lovely gesture. But maybe it'd be a good idea to give it a few months or years to allow your relationship to grow even more.

i think you should ask him and see what he says x

Welcome! I'd be careful with that comment tbh. It's very sweet of him to say that he'd support you if you fell pregnant but it sounds to me like a commitment to you more than him actually wanting a child now. Also think about what it implies: He says he'd support you. In other words, you're pregnant (=your problem/responsibility) and he'd choose to be there. I know that in reality many men leave. But don't you think it would be nice to wait until your relationship is in a place where you're doing this together? As in where it's not even an option that he might leave because it's both your baby and both your responsibilty? I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. And I'm really not trying to talk this down, I think it's a lovely gesture. But maybe it'd be a good idea to give it a few months or years to allow your relationship to grow even more.

glad someone else said it so I didn't have to.

I think it sounds like he is thinking about wanting to try soon,

IDK how long you guys have been together, but maybe he is just saying if it happened he'd be there. My OH said that to me the first day we started dating... but we weren't trying for a baby...

well it definitely sounds like hes becoming more comfortable with the idea of having a baby.

having said that, men can go back and forth this stuff a lot....it can be pretty upsetting after oh shows quite a lot of broodiness then comes out with the "uhh.. i dont want to talk about babies..!" phrase....

just have a chat with him about it when hes in a good mood :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->