Confused by gp?!?

clacko

Reaction score
Went to see my gp today, from lmp I'm 5w 4d. She dated me at 3 weeks so I'm guessing from conception. She felt my stomach and after I told her about some pain Iv got she rang the early pregnancy unit and asked them if I should be seen. They told her I was too early to be seen yet and could only be seen after 6 weeks. I'm 6 weeks on Saturday. I always thought they meant 6 weeks by your lmp?

Iv been classing myself at 5 weeks not 3?

You are right, the unit will date from LMP. If in doubt request a blood test, if bhcg > 1000 they will see something on a US scan.

Your GP was wrong saying you were 3 weeks, the NHS always counts from your LMP. If you are 6 weeks on Saturday then I'd phone the Early Pregnancy Unit on Monday and say you are 6 weeks + 2 days and are worried about some pains you are having on one side. They will definitely see you. :thumbup: You can find their phone number if you type the hospital name that's near you and 'early pregnancy unit' into google. xx

Will the early pregnancy unit see me without a gp referral? I have been there a few times in previous pregnancies but always referred by gp. I could tell she was a new doctor as she had to look a lot of things up. She rang the early pregnancy unit for advice to see if I needed to be seen and they said I was too early but she did tell them my lmp. But she then said that I'm roughly 3 weeks! Xx

I know with my pregnancies they've never dated from my lmp because I do not have a regular 28 day cycle. With my son I was being seen for infertility and was being scanned the whole way threw and they new when I ovulated and they put 2 weeks onto that date and came up with how far along I was which turned out to be correct. With this pregnancy I knew when I ovulated(adding 2 weeks) and gave them that date and it to matches the dates they give me at each scan. If you have a regular cycle then I'd say the dates that you came up with is correct. Good luck with eveything!

Will the early pregnancy unit see me without a gp referral? I have been there a few times in previous pregnancies but always referred by gp. I could tell she was a new doctor as she had to look a lot of things up. She rang the early pregnancy unit for advice to see if I needed to be seen and they said I was too early but she did tell them my lmp. But she then said that I'm roughly 3 weeks! Xx

Yes they will see you, I phoned when I was 6 weeks because I was having pains on one side and the midwife arranged for me to come for a scan the next day. I doubt the EPU listened to your LMP when the doctor phoned and just heard '3 weeks'. The other option is to phone your doctor on Monday and ask for them to refer you now that you are over 6 weeks. x

I'd also think that you are more than 3 weeks though. That just doesn't add up at all. You've been getting positive tests for a while now.

She asked me to go back next week if the pain is still there but if it gets worse to go to a and e. Xx

Ugh! Just call the epu hun, your gp is a doughnut! Phone them and explain what happend with your gp and they'll have you in sooner xx

I don't think the pain is anything to worry about. It's gone off a lot now, it felt like ovulation pain, get a sharp pain if I get up quickly or cough. I'm guessing it's maybe stretching. I knew as soon as I made the appointment would be a disaster cause it was a doctor iv not heard of before.
X

Oh yeah that's deffo just the ligaments just stretching sweets, I get it too :hugs:

Have you tested any more? Xx

Aren't you the same as me? I thought we were exactly the same dpo...

How many dpo are you now? I tested this morning with ic and tested this afternoon with digital, still getting 2-3 so gonna use my last digi Saturday morning then iv promised hubby I'll stop!

Have you? Xx

21 :)

yeah! this is me we're talking about! :rofl:

I used my last ic yesterday and this morning I fell into boots and the strangest thing happened... I fell back out with 2 more digis :shock: :rofl:

I had calculated from my betas and their doubling rate that they should be 3+ today, I got a 2-3 :( it played on my mind all day so I took a very expensive risk and dipped the other digi and got a 3+ :happydance:

Yeah I'm 21 today too and my last period was 1st march! I did my digi mid afternoon today and the urine looked weak so I was silly using it really! I got my 2-3 but figured it will be 3+ by Saturday (I should hope) so decided to TRY and wait until Saturday morning! I don't wanna use it too soon and then feel the need to buy more lol!

That's strange I fell into boots today too and came out with the same thing lol!! X

Well because my betas had a doubling rate of 33 hrs I calculated it to be over 3000 today so 3+ but if it had slowed down to normal 48 hr doubling rate I calculated that it should be 3+ Friday... Not that that stopped me freaking out! I even took it apart and it should have been a 3+ without a doubt but I couldn't get it out of my head... So I dipped the other... Thankfully it paid off so that's it I'm out of tests and won't be testing anymore :)

Hooow bizarre! Strange how that happens to us ladies isn't it, I blame boots! :haha: Xx

That's why I want to wait until Saturday, I have no idea what my levels are and the 2-3 dissapointed me lol.

My ics are getting darker though. I have so many of those left but think I'll have to throw them away on Saturday. X

So if you're 21 dpo honey adjusted by your ovulation you're actually 5weeks today :) Which will be helpful getting scan timing right as that can cause a whole lot of worry for nothing.

Good plan, I'm useless at holding out :brat: I wish I had more self control!!

Are you 5 weeks today also? I'm guessing midwives and that will still class me as 5+4 until I have a scan? I don't think I'll get an early scan unless there is any more problems which means another 6 weeks to wait :-( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->