Confused- comdoms.

Am I the only one who've never had any of these condom issues? No breakage/coming off or anything... either I'm freakishly good at putting them on or we are getting ones with some kind of protective built in forcefield haha...

I'm the same I have used condoms, with my ex it was for years and with OH it has only been recently due to contraception change.. but I have never had any breakages etc.. :shrug:

Maybe I'm just soooo amazing.. or maybe I'm a bucket and I don't know it.. :rofl:

I had a condom break on me before and I definatly heard the 'pop' I knew what had happened straight away lol

I don't think I could be a bucket... my OH still struggles to get it in :blush: I need stretching :haha:

I don't think I could be a bucket... my OH still struggles to get it in :blush: I need stretching :haha:

omg..lol glad its not just me.. seriously..its impossible getting in there lol.. sometimes I just give up!!!

Seem to have got the hang of them now..ironic now I have the implant..double the protection for us!

Am I the only one who've never had any of these condom issues? No breakage/coming off or anything... either I'm freakishly good at putting them on or we are getting ones with some kind of protective built in forcefield haha...

Iv had 2 issues in the last 7 years, give your self some time lol

I don't think we've had any break :D
Lost two though. That was amusing for him and gross for me xD

I had a condom tear once... oh and one of my friends got pregnant while she was on the pill and using condoms!! She never forgot a pill and she swears the condom never split, it was a one night stand so she definitely knows when it was. What are the odds of that eh?

This one is sort of like the one I saw demonstrated at school one time. It isn't the most correct way, because they don't continuously keep air out. but whatever. I was taught on a banana.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y892T3URW0
This one is kind of funny, but more like how I put them on my OH (the way I was taught).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATEvQMWgLDo

So far I've never had any condoms break on me. I'm not going to say how long I've been having sex, but trust me, if one was going to break it REALLY would have by now.

I've had a condom break, we didnt know till after..
I've had one slip off, BOY THAT WAS EMBARASSING. considering it was a one night stand..

and my current OH. we have had SO many condom problems.
he's never dated someone who wasnt on the pill, (i refuse the hormones) so he's never had condom issues, so we tried regular sized ones for a while. those were so tight he could get a full erection, it cut off bloodflow, not to mention we must have had a good 9 break in 2 weeks. so we tried magnums, still too tight, it left a dark ring around the base and still cut off blood flow. so we tried XL magnums, which are still a tad snugger than we'd like.. but we're out of options and theyre the only ones that unroll all the way down. D:

we have had SO MANY BREAK. but i've never heard them, he's felt it, or pulled out to check because he used to be paranoid.

haha. oh condoms

For some reason... actually for that reason exactly... I don't trust condoms.

We've used them a whole... 3(?) times... and one full force popped on us. And they just don't work out proper.

Its not quite right when you say 4% of people get pregnant when using them, its actually less than that.

Because every single time one person has sex using a condom it means they have 4% of it failing. Rather than 4 out of 100 getting pregnant.

Because if you think about it, if it was that way round (4% of people getting pregnant out of the 100%) then if YOU used a condom 100 times then you would get pregnant 4 times. That means people who use condoms for years and years it would be failing on a regular basis, which just doesnt happen.

Every single time one person has sex they are 96% protected, if 100 people had sex they are 96% protected, not 4 out of 100 people will get pregnant. It works out a lot less.

As for breakage and slipping, well thats a totally different ball game.

Sorry but this isn't actually right. Condoms have a Pearl-Index of around 4, which means that if 100 women use them for one year, 4 of them will get pregnant (because they break etc).

If you think about it, it makes sense as well. If you had a 4% chance of something going wrong EVERY TIME and you're one of those people that has sex every day (365 times a year), you'd end up pregnant in no time! :haha:

You're chances of getting pregnant without condoms are much much higher. Each month (if you have sex on or around the day you ovulate), you have a 25% of conceiving. In other words if you have a lot of sex and don't use anything and don't have any health or fertility issues, normally you'll be pregnant in about 4 months.

Its not quite right when you say 4% of people get pregnant when using them, its actually less than that.

Because every single time one person has sex using a condom it means they have 4% of it failing. Rather than 4 out of 100 getting pregnant.

Because if you think about it, if it was that way round (4% of people getting pregnant out of the 100%) then if YOU used a condom 100 times then you would get pregnant 4 times. That means people who use condoms for years and years it would be failing on a regular basis, which just doesnt happen.

Every single time one person has sex they are 96% protected, if 100 people had sex they are 96% protected, not 4 out of 100 people will get pregnant. It works out a lot less.

As for breakage and slipping, well thats a totally different ball game.

Sorry but this isn't actually right. Condoms have a Pearl-Index of around 4, which means that if 100 women use them for one year, 4 of them will get pregnant (because they break etc).

If you think about it, it makes sense as well. If you had a 4% chance of something going wrong EVERY TIME and you're one of those people that has sex every day (365 times a year), you'd end up pregnant in no time! :haha:

You're chances of getting pregnant without condoms are much much higher. Each month (if you have sex on or around the day you ovulate), you have a 25% of conceiving. In other words if you have a lot of sex and don't use anything and don't have any health or fertility issues, normally you'll be pregnant in about 4 months.

Well iv had sex using comdoms a lot more than 100 times and so far havent got pregnant. And its a 25% chance of conciving first month if you have unprotected sex more than once but only a 3-5% chance of one incounter.

Also if you did get pregnant through a comdom breaking you have a 75% chance of miscarage before you even know your pregnant ie in the 2 weeks before AF is due,

I have heard that one can get preganant at a 1/3 chance from unprotected sex.

The Pearl says, how many women got pregnant from using their contraception.

The effectiveness rate means that out of 100 women using condoms 4 a year will get pregnant. But you could use condoms over 100 times and never get pregnant. Like you have a 1 in 40million (or whatever the exact number is) of winning the lottery. Doesn't mean if you played 40m times you'd win though.

Doing a little research it seems the index is based on $% risk of pregnancy over 100 women years, being 100 women over one year or 10 over 10 years as you said. However your statement about the risk being increased with frequency isn't correct! lol It's one of the classic difficulties in understanding risk and chance. If the risk of pregnancy was 4% on each sexual occasion then each time you do it there is an independent 4% chance. It doesn't matter how often you do it as the risk isn't cumulative, i.e. you're not more likely to get pregnant the second time just because you've done it before. It's a bit like the lottery. The chance of winning it one week isn't increased just because you enter every week. You could win it the first time you ever entered or never even if you did it every week of your life.

lol Essie, took me so long to reply (been putting baby to bed) that I didn't see your same analogy with the lottery.

lol I like the lottery anology..

you see these ...numbers are what makes me a bit iffy to use them for full contraception..although ive only broken maybe five in 8 years... and none with current parter..they do fall off lol

hmm...glad thats cleared up about the 4% chance :)

We used to get um breaking a lot - especially the Featherlight ones - then I realised it was the way OH was putting them on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D'oh stupid men ;)

He was pulling them right down not leaving a bit at the end and squeezing the air out of it - since I trained him how to do it right we haven't had any break even the featherlight ones :) Now I actually wish they would break more often :rofl:

its the featherlite ones...they are "breakers" loll

I put them on always now... men are hopeless lol...that sex ed class with the glass dildo came in handy..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->