• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Confused - please help...?

mrshazard94

Reaction score
I am so confused. The test line just keeps getting darker. this is the 3rd day now and it looks like this. does this mean its ready now or when did I actually ovulate?!

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you! opk4.jpg

Weird. That's defo positive, a long surge perhaps? Just keep at it lol x

It's just 12-48 hours after a positive, so in this case I'd maybe go from the most positive one and add a day on for arguments sake? Only way you can properly know is by ultrasound. It's just a good indicator if when to dtd. Sperm can in theory live up to a week in there in optimum conditions so the opk just tells you when to get it up there to meet the egg. That's my understanding anyway :) Google smep if you haven't already. That's kind of the plan I have but we didn't follow it this month x

Also once the tests go neg again you'll know you had the lh surge which releases the egg so assume it's happened x

Right, that makes sense :) think I'll dtd for a couple more days just in case. When are you testing? X

Ha I'm getting withdrawal from dipping opks already. In theory I should wait 8 days or so, think I'm 1-2 dpo at the moment. Due on 12th I'm guessing although being first month off pill not entirely sure...

Guna try n not test until 10th July... Due 12th (checked calendar!)

Eeeek that's very exciting! I'm the same but I promised myself I wouldn't do too much testing because I got completely obsessed with it! X

I'm horrendous, can end up doing 6 tests a day!!!! Well we just dtd again. So did it the day I got ffirst pos opk, then missed two days n did it again. The smep says dtd every other day from cd8 I think and when you get a pos opk dtd three days in a row, skip one and do one last time... So maybe there is merit in doing it after ovulation, so maybe this time will count... When will you test? X

Busy bees!! Well I'm not sure when to test. Last time I found out at 2 weeks so literally was literally straight away! I don't really want to find out so soon so was thinking of testing august if I haven't had my period. Although before I got pregnant they were very irregular so I'm not sure if they are much to go by if you see what I mean! x

Yeah it's hard to know when to expect af if it's been all over the place. I've read though you should have af about 14 day's after you ovulate (so 14 days after ovulation is when you can test), although if you have a short(er) luteal phase then it can be more like 7-10 days (which I know is the case for me)... So in theory I guess I should wait longer... That being said I got a line at 5dpo with Alice, it just took a fair few days to develop after that... So I reckon 10th still here :)

So... I'd say for arguments sake that you've ovulated today. So you 'should' be due 14 days time (ish) what cycle day are you on at the moment? X

Well the 1st day of last period was the 8th June so cd 28? Is that right? All this confuses me! X

And 5dpo I feel like if I was actually paying attention that month mine would have been similar because I literally was like 2 weeks! Maybe when we are pregnant we have really high hormone levels super early! X

Yep cd28 today :) you've ovulated quite late / having a long cycle :) really hope you caught it this month :) x

Well according to this mornings test it's VERY positive again. I only have one more test left. Then I'm just going to let nature takes it's course. Fingers crossed for us both! Xx

Hmm, why dont you take a preg test on the off chance? Perhaps you ovulate far earlier and didn't catch it on the test. Opks can go positive before a bfp... And seeing as you're on cd28 already... When did you start testing with opks this month? X

Let's see a picture of today's opk test! I'm having test withdrawal! X

I just did a test for you and got one hell of an evap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->