Confused that I have to have a 2nd Beta Test

FaithnHope41

Expecting Baby #3
Reaction score
Thought I'd receive the phone call with the reassurance I needed to confirm pregnancy, but instead my nurse called and said dr wants me to have another beta test done at the end of this week because my levels were only at a 35 yesterday. She also said that 35 is "normal for 3-4 weeks" so I am confused as to why they think I need to have it done again. I didn't have a retake with either of my first two pregnancies, so this is new to me. I'm nervous all over again and want to cry right now. :( He won't even schedule my first appt until he sees my levels double. Nurse said more than likely I tested the day of my missed period (actually tested before). Just need to vent and if any of you have any experience in this, please let me know! Everything I check says 35 is in the normal range for where I am.

I reckon there just getting u in again to see if the levels are rising I've heard they do that now alot.

They just want to see if your levels double. Your initial number sounds fine. Congratulations mama!

Thank you so much girls! Just nervous since I never had to retest with either of my two previous pregnancies. It's one nerve after another this time. My eight week scan can't get here soon enough. Ready to see my little peanut.

Levels quadrupled over the last few days. Went in this morning for my 2nd test and beta level was at 168 this time. First scan and appt is scheduled for April 16! <3

Last edited:
Wooooohooooooo that's fantastic hon. Roll on first scan. \\:D/

Anxiety has been getting the worst of me the last few days, decided to use my last line test to make sure things are progressing. Couldn't believe how dark the test line was, darkest pink line I have ever seen. Definitely feeling relieved that my hcg levels are still rising. These early weeks are exciting but so nerve wracking.

ZfS3fMvKTVCTCB+G4Ui27Q.jpg

That's awesome hon.
Ure be fine sweety Jesus has so got this :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back