Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Soy Isoflavones can act like a natural clomid - they are phytoestrogens (meaning they fool your body into thinking there is extra estrogen around). If taken around days 3-8 of your cycle they can fool your body into releasing more LH around ovulation time... resulting in more eggs or more mature eggs.

The caveat is - it doesn't work this way on all women. Some women will respond as above, in others it may delay ovulation or cause no ovulation.

I was thinking about trying soy this cycle then chickened out. I was concerned it would just mess up my cycle.

I have an appointment tomorrow with my OBGYN and I'm going to discuss my plans re: donor insemination ask her opinion about using soy or clomid right now.

For the record, I did try egg whites 2 of the 3 inseminations this cycle. I bought pasturized egg white in a carton. I was happier using pasturized egg whites so I didn't have to worry about salmonella.

I have a good feeling about this cycle so far - but its way too early to symptom spot.

Em Maryland,
I really hope this is the month for you! Will be sending good juju your way!
I am still just spotting, weird! But I am having AF like cramps and am pretty sure that by the time I wake up in the am AF will be here good and strong. That is interesting about the soy. I didn't know that. I'd be a little nervous to try it, my luck I'd be the one gal who didn't ovulate! What does Evening Primrose Oil do? I started Vitex today and am drinking fertility tea that I make myself. Got the recipe from a great book I have about fertility and conception, etc.
Erin

Ladies,
I am still just spotting, since Tuesday afternoon (now it's late Thursday morning). So frustrating! At this point I just want to get on with it, especially since I got -HPT at 12 dpo today so I KNOW it is AF on the way-have AF cramps too. I know that spotting for so long before my period is not a good thing, could indicate low progesterone I guess. Anyway, my question is this, should I begin a new chart? Does the spotting that started Tuesday afternoon count as the first day or should I wait until I have an actual flow? At this point I am just literally getting a few spots a day. Ugh!

Hi Erin,

Thanks for the juju. :)

I'd wait for a day of full flow before counting it as CD1... but you may need to start testing for ovulation early, just in case.

I'd like your fertility tea recipe - please pm me or post it in your journal. I've been drinking red raspberry leaf tea which is supposed to be good for uterine lining, but otherwise I've been going light on the supplements this month -- just prenatal multivitamins and an omega-3 supplement/ equivalent of EPO.

The OBGYN was running really late today so I rescheduled for later this month.

I'm hoping grumpiness is an early preg. symptom... because I am carrying around a lot of it lately. I know that isn't helpful for conception, but there it is.

I took soy isovlavines last month and this month too, along with EPO, Pregnacare Conception, Echinacea, Vit B12 Complex, Agnus Castus and a multi-vit, I'm rattling!! I also chart and use opks. Last month when I only started taking soy, I had really bad ovulation pains when I oved, so think it gave me bigger or more eggs, cos it really hurt for about 3 days!!!! So fingeres crossed it all works for us this month!! :happydance:

That's what I've been like this month, Lizzie. Ovulation pains 24 hours a day until 3dpo. I only take B complex and a prenatal vitamin. I started EPO about a week into my cycle so I just took it 4 days before I ovulated. Today is acually the first day I don't consciencly feel my ovaries.

Hope it worked for you this cycle, Lizzie! I may reconsider using soy if I'm not preggers in another cycle or two.

I've made a new team for us Rainbow Mummies-in-waiting. :)

Team Rainbow Mummies - Gay Surrogates, Lesbian, Transgender and BiSexual TTC Group

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! I haven't been on much, since my TTC plans are on hold. In the spring i should have enough money to order frozen sperm again for one more attempt. And if that doesn't work after a 3rd try i will then seek out a donor! Lizzie, i can't believe you have 4 donors!!! Maybe you can send one my way!! Lol. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you! Hope Christmas blesses all of you with little beans!!

Hi Everyone,

I tested this morning and it was :bfp: !!!

I am still in disbelief. After trying so long I was starting to think it would never happen and I wasn't having any unusual symptoms.

So happy. Stick, little bean, stick.

Baby dust to all

Congratulations. Glad to hear it's worked for someone.

Hi gals! Any news from anybody? Has anyone heard from Maybe Mom Sarah? I've been thinking of her. I haven't seen her on here since 10 dpo. I just inseminated again last night and will do so again today or tonight. Keep your fingers X'ed for me!
Erin

Hi gals! Any news from anybody? Has anyone heard from Maybe Mom Sarah? I've been thinking of her. I haven't seen her on here since 10 dpo. I just inseminated again last night and will do so again today or tonight. Keep your fingers X'ed for me!
Erin

Fingers crossed! Let us know!

Hi Everyone,

I tested this morning and it was :bfp: !!!

I am still in disbelief. After trying so long I was starting to think it would never happen and I wasn't having any unusual symptoms.

So happy. Stick, little bean, stick.

Baby dust to all

That is fantastic news!!!! Congrats!! :happydance:

How are you feeling??

That is fantastic news!!!! Congrats!! :happydance:

How are you feeling??

Thanks MommyTammy. :flower: I hate to say this, because I'm really very happy to be pregnant, but I'm feeling rather miserable at the moment. I didn't realize just how tired, cranky, and sick being pregnant can feel the first few months! I have a whole new level of respect for mothers everywhere.

I'm in grad school right now and time is running out for me to decide how heavy of a course load I'm going to take this semester.

Some good news is that my OBGYN was really awesome and supportive about the whole "I went and got myself inseminated at home using a known donor" thing. She didn't even lecture me about STDs. fantastic!

Hi all

Im new to this area of the forum.
A little background - i was married, and have 3 beautiful children. I then met the most amazing woman ive ever met, fell in love and left my husband for her.

She looks at my childrenas her own and is great with them but would desperately love one of her own so we will be looking into donor sperm.

We would much prefer to do at home insemination rather than at a clinic because she said she would then feel like it was more personal and almost like it would be me impregnating her iykwim.

Anyway thats me dipping my toe in the water here!!!! :hugs:

Well I had a stupid chemical pregnancy last month, 4 positive tests them the witch got me on new years eve :( So back to square one!!!! Shud ov on the 15th, so have everything in place for this month!!! Good luck everyone! I feel like I'm doing the lottery and only one of us will get it every month, lmao

So sorry to hear that Lizzie Moon! I can't imagine how upsetting to get four BFPs and then get AF.

This whole process is very stressful. I am 10 dpo. Had negative blood test at Dr at 7 dpo (I wouldn't have sought a test that early but I was there for other results and an ultrasound so he did one anyway). BFN today on Rite Aid brand early test. So, AF should be here by Sunday if all goes according to my recent cycle schedule. My Dr gave me a script for Clomid to take cycle day 3-7 and I am planning to have a HSG somewhere between cycle day 7-10. I hope we all win the pregnancy lottery this month!

Its good your doctor is so helpful, mine is a waste of my time!! I'm taking soy isoflovines because its like soy, so fingers crossed for us all!!

Think I've found a new co-parent/donor. We met today and he was great with Eden. He is local (about an hours drive away) and said lots of good things. I think he wants us to get to know each other a little more, and he did mention starting to ttc in summer, but I reckon I can speed him up a little (I'm aiming for March/April)

He is gay and much closer to me in age than the last guy I was 'working' with. Hopefully this one will work out :) I'm going to enjoy my birthday in February (have a few drinks) and then get ready for trying again. I've got conception vitamins ready with lots of folic acid, so I'm really quite excited (also a little impatient ;)

Fingers crossed for all those currently ttc, sending baby dust your way.

Kirsty -x-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->