Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hi ladies, i'm back with another sporadic update. i try to not come here too often as i am the obsessive type and will lose my mind fretting about ttc :wacko:

so i felt some tugging a few days ago and just feel sensations in my belly that i am attributing to my ovaries recovering from the clomid.

i still have a week left in my 2ww and noticed that i don't deal well on the weekends. i tested on a digital last night :dohh: of course it was negative. then i cracked it open because i was mad at the BFN and saw a blue line in addition to the test one. i figure it means nothing so i will try to wait until the appointed time to test :shrug:

Naaxi -- Good luck tonight! Let us know how it goes!

Suggestion: Why don't you have OH do the insemination while :sex:

That way he feels included... and it will be romantic, rather than "silly"... plus achieving the "Big O" is supposed to help suck those little swimmers up there!

That's a great suggestion and I could see it working for some people but there are a few things that would make it not suitable for us. For one, OH is a manly man and handling someone else's soldiers would bother him. Also, he got home really late tonight, much later than the donation so timing sucked this time 'round. And finally, I feel I would fret too much about not keeping them warm or not inserting quick enough.

Either way, it's done now. Very amusing laying on my friend's bathroom trying to insert and not laugh. Turns out I would have to order softcups from Walmart (don't have a credit card) because they aren't common here. Just Diva cups. Sigh! Lol. So we're going without this time and just hoping for the best.

Luck to all you ladies, I am happy to have found you :D

hi ladies, i'm back with another sporadic update. i try to not come here too often as i am the obsessive type and will lose my mind fretting about ttc :wacko:

so i felt some tugging a few days ago and just feel sensations in my belly that i am attributing to my ovaries recovering from the clomid.

i still have a week left in my 2ww and noticed that i don't deal well on the weekends. i tested on a digital last night :dohh: of course it was negative. then i cracked it open because i was mad at the BFN and saw a blue line in addition to the test one. i figure it means nothing so i will try to wait until the appointed time to test :shrug:

Digi's have two lines regardless, so I would disregard it :hugs:

Right so, I've spent the last few days reading this entire thread!! I feel like an expert now lol.

We're currently charting my cycle waiting for AF, then we can do our first AI.

We have a couple of potential donors, one is OHs brother, he is great and only 10min away. The only thing is that they have a genetic disorder - nothing life threatening or very serious but obviously not something you want to pass on. There is a 50/50 chance of the baby getting it.

Good luck to everyone on their 2ww and everyone expecting!!

Lots of BFPs soon please!

jlew -- Glad you will be joining us! Welcome! :hi:

That's awesome that you have a few potential donors!

Looks like we are out AGAIN! OH just texted from work -- AF has arrived super early! It's only CD26!! :nope:

It's so frustrating when you feel like you are doing everything right & it's just not happening! Grrrrrrrrrrr

Looks like we are out AGAIN! OH just texted from work -- AF has arrived super early! It's only CD26!! :nope:

It's so frustrating when you feel like you are doing everything right & it's just not happening! Grrrrrrrrrrr

Awww am so sorry, mine was like that last cycle AF arrived 12dpo :(

aw really sorry ruby:hugs:

good luck craneberry!

i'm feeling hopeful this month. i've not really had any symptoms yet except one strange thing that happened this morning. tmi but i have had two black hairs on the edge of one nipple for years. i thought it may be a sign of pcos (i have quite a good moustache if i don't get rid too lol!) but after my shower today the hairs fell out! maybe i'm reading too much into it but could this mean a change in hormones? f'xd

Hi me and my wife did this at home last year using a sperm donor and she got pregnant first time which was great and we have a little girl now but Im going to be trying today just wanted to say gud luck everyone x

i should have explained better. the digitial one i used is the one that reads "pregnant" or "not pregnant". i got the latter and wanted to see what the actual strip looked like and saw the two lines. i don't think i'm pregnant though. just was curious about the inner workings.

i should have explained better. the digitial one i used is the one that reads "pregnant" or "not pregnant". i got the latter and wanted to see what the actual strip looked like and saw the two lines. i don't think i'm pregnant though. just was curious about the inner workings.

Yes, that is the norm. They always have two lines inside. x

Ruby, last month was the same for us, started spotting on CD26 and full AF on CD28 when I normally have a very rigid 30 day cycle... So sorry hun, I know how hard it is, but think of it this way : at least you know early that it didn't take and tou don't get your hopes up really high the sooner it gets to missing AF to be majorly disappointed. I was once late for AF by 18 days! I was soo happy and excited. That's when I found out I have mild PCOS.

I am so needy today :( I don't like it. Going to the donor's house again tonight, but just to visit as his wife is having an Epicure party... We might do it again, though as he offered last night. Still waiting for +OPK.

Naaxi -- If they offered again today, i def think you should insem again! :thumbup:

Thanks ladies... Think I might, but only if they ask while I am there. :) Don't wanna be pushy as I haven't even gotten +OPK LOL.

So sorry Ruby! That does seem early for your OH! Any chance it's implantation spotting??

I was hoping maybe it was implantation spotting... but no... seems to be as heavy as a regular flow.

So i joined the sperm donor website again... since i'm not sure if our donor is willing to drive again... or just wants to ship. Which i'm not thrilled with that idea. :cry:

FX'ed i will find someone good. They all seem to live 2,3,4 hours away tho! Or haven't been on the site in like 2 years, and have old profiles... sigh.

I can't believe we went from having 2 great donors... to having to look again. If it wasn't taking so darn long, this wouldn't have happened...............!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->