Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I think I am ovulating right now. I have terrible stomach cramps (normal for me since Tegan was born). I am half tempted to text our donor and ask him to visit tomorrow. Not sure though. I'll ask OH in the morning, she is in bed asleep.

Hey, sorry i've not been around i've been super busy with christmas, new year and i've just had an operation so have been out of action for a bit. I'm out this month, my donor wasn't available when i was ovulating over christmas so will try later on this month.

Welcome to all the newbies and good luck to those on their 2WW!

I think I am ovulating right now. I have terrible stomach cramps (normal for me since Tegan was born). I am half tempted to text our donor and ask him to visit tomorrow. Not sure though. I'll ask OH in the morning, she is in bed asleep.

:flower: Let us know what you decide! :happydance:

Hey guys,

Sorry not to have updated sooner. There's no news here. It took us a few days to establish that my waters hadn't really gone and all my contractions have died away again so we're back to waiting again. Oh well!

Lea, wishing you the best of luck, whatever you decide.

OHai - stop prodding! ;) Wishing you all the best for testing this weekend.

Lizzie, so sorry to hear about your break up, though it sounds as though you're managing to pull of keeping things positive between the two of you which is good. Sending you big hugs. :hugs:

Best wishes to all!

Gina. x

hi there plz dont think am being rude just jumping in like this but very new to the site!! myself and husband are going to the sperm donor thing from a family member and was just wondering if its is as easy as people say it is??

hi there plz dont think am being rude just jumping in like this but very new to the site!! myself and husband are going to the sperm donor thing from a family member and was just wondering if its is as easy as people say it is??

Hey, welcome to the site! Its not as easy as people say, infact I think its alot harder, since you need to time the inseminations as close to ovulation as possible, rather than being able to have regular sex the full week of ovulation. Although if you can pinpoint ovulation, you can get pregant pretty quickly, a few girls on here have concieved on their 1st/2nd attempts :) Tracking your body and ovulation sigsn for a few months is the best place to start! Good luck!!!

Well I chickened out and didn't even ask OH. I told her I thought I ovulated last night and she just sorta smiled and looked at me expectantly, but I didn't say anything. I cant say I feel sad that we missed this month, because I don't, not really. Thanks for the support girlies :hugs:

Gina, sorry it was a false alarm. :( x

oh right wots this all about taking your temperature really new to this i have 2 boys and found it really easy to conceive them!! so this is a whole different ball game to me. My hubby had the snip 11yrs ago so the only way to do it is get a sperm donor and lucky for us we have one but got to have my coil taken out which is happening this month!!! but dont know wen this best time to do the insemination bit HELP

You might find this helpful, its a how to thread! https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/458990-home-artificial-insemination-success-stories.html

Topaz...wow ur 12 weeks already! Its flying in! I miss my bump :(

Lea, I agree, maybe a month or 2 off will do you some good, relax abit without SS etc :) They you can try again when ur ready! Did u get my FB mail the other day?Incase I sent it to sumone else by miskate lol

Yeah I think I did Liz... I am so sorry I haven't replied, I was on my way out when I read it and forgot :( xx

I know that a break is good for us. And I also know that next time we try I won't be SS or testing before 20dpo!! :lol: I also think we might need to find a new donor (maybe) because ours is always busy and we are really limited on the days/times he can come over.

Phew, just incase I sent it to dee os sumthing by mistake :rofl: No worries! Yeah look into a new donor, might make things less stressful!

You might find this helpful, its a how to thread! https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/458990-home-artificial-insemination-success-stories.html

Topaz...wow ur 12 weeks already! Its flying in! I miss my bump :(

Lea, I agree, maybe a month or 2 off will do you some good, relax abit without SS etc :) They you can try again when ur ready! Did u get my FB mail the other day?Incase I sent it to sumone else by miskate lol

:hugs::hugs:

yeah have my scan on monday

Tomorrow is the first donation, I am so excited :D But nervous things won't go well lol. Maybe I'll mess up putting it in (I'll probably laugh at the silliness of the situation and force it all out :rofl: ). Gah!

Naaxi -- Good luck tonight! Let us know how it goes!

Suggestion: Why don't you have OH do the insemination while :sex:

That way he feels included... and it will be romantic, rather than "silly"... plus achieving the "Big O" is supposed to help suck those little swimmers up there!

Well had our donation yesterday and I OV today, so hopefully good timing.

It does get easier the second time, hopefully we won't have to do it a 3rd time.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->