Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Aww, I am so sorry it's taking long, Ruby. Your time will come, and I bet you'll find a fantastic donor! FX'd for you!

P.S. We got another donation. They're getting less rediculous to me each time. I think I've relaxed about the whole process. Just sucks OH hasn't been there for any of the inseminations. :(

ruby, sorry u are having such a problem with your donors. FXed for you during your search :flower:

We have the same problem as you Ruby. Whilst our donor is lovely, he is a very busy man and never available short notice, which isn't practical for me because my cycles are all over the place :( Fingers crossed for you x

Naaxi, glad you got a second donation.

hi all just to update, 12 week scan went well baby is perfect and measuring bang on dates.

it was a bit hard to take a pic of with it being dark now cos the lights were reflecting off it.

Attachments

• SAM_0613.jpg
    SAM_0613.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 22
awwww! so cute!!! I say...girl! :D Tho my initial thought was a boy! lol

Hi girls, had a scan today and baby girl is measuring just a few days ahead and weighs about 3lb 8oz so far. Here are two 3D pics of her face, in the one she has her arm up to her face and it looks like her cheek is resting on her hand, in the other one, the placenta is on either side of her face but you can make out her eye, nose, lips, and chin. I'm not sure if you will be able to make it out if you don't know what you're looking for...but I'm in love!

Attachments

• SNC00753.jpg
    SNC00753.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 18
  • SNC00755.jpg
    SNC00755.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 21
omg omg erin! Those pix are amazing! Bet u cant wait now!!!!!!!

topaz -- Chances are i'm not even looking at the u/s right... but i picture him in there with his hands behind his head & his feet up relaxing! So cute! Plus, he looks like Callum! Awesome news -- glad your appn't went so well!

Erin -- Great u/s pics!! You can see how gorgeous & sweet she is!!!!!! What a cutie-pie! Does Little Miss Princess have a name yet??

Oh Erin, what a cutie pie! She's going to be gorgeous, just like her mom!

Topaz, love your pics too!

Thanks girls! I am in awe!

Ruby-I'm sorry to hear that you are having to search for a donor again. Stressful! I fear that is going to be my situation by the time I am ready for #2 as my donor will most likely have finished school and moved back to CA.

Wow, what great scan pics! Two more gorgeous babies! Yey!

I'm now getting really impatient to know what this baby is going to look like. Part of me really wants him/her to look like Ember, but I know that even though they're full bio siblings there's a fair chance they'll be quite different. Not long to wait now regardless. I thought it was all kicking off on the weekend. Ember, then Rae came down with a nasty tummy bug and when I started throwing up in the early hours of Sunday morning I thought it would send me over the edge. I contracted every 3 minutes for most of Sunday but then in the evening, at almost exactly the moment I told Rae that I thought this might be it, it all stopped. This is clearly one comfy baby! And we're all on the mend now so at least the baby won't be born into a house full of germs.

Ruby, I'm so sorry to hear you might be back on the donor trail. I really hope you manage to find someone soon. It must be so disheartening. Sending virtual hugs your way.

Gina. x

Amazing photos, ladies! It's crazy how far 3D, and even regular ultrasound has come, you can tell how beautiful your precious ones already are :D Congrats.

I fear we missed + on the OPKs... CD16 and I threw away my digital one cause I was sooo blind with it, the lines don't get darker like the non digital ones. I just wanted to see a smiley face, I have learned my lesson. I got another donation yesterday, which ends up being 3 days, 4 donations and I am still going to take another OPK in the morning and we'll judge from there if I think I missed it. But hopefully it got covered by all the inseminations lol.

Sounds like you did quite well Naaxi!! I'd rest assured that you did everything you could.

We are taking an indefinite break. Still haven't talked about it. I don't feel ready to really discuss actively ttc yet. We don't have a donor, so will be looking for another sooner or later. I haven't taken any Folic Acid since a few days after our last loss because I just thought then.. What's the point... and ideally I should take that for 3 months before we ttc anyway. (I take a 5mg dose because of Tegan's SB). We have a lot going on at the minute (Tegan starts school in September, we have the HUGE challenge of trying to get her partially clean and dry continence wise before school which will be a major task as she's doubly incontinent so it is impossible to potty train her, her wheelchair is being delivered very soon so we'll be committing to taking her to wheelchair sports classes etc) and I just feel we should maybe focus on being just us three for a while.. As sad as it makes me... I am open to having another whenever, if my OH says "can we try again now" I certainly won't say no... meh, I just don't know!!

Sorry for the rant :lol:

Aww, don't be sorry for the rant. You are quite justified in not feeling ready, and your hunny must understand if she hasn't brought it up. I hope that you find the perfect donor when the time is right, and until then you can help your gorgeous little one. She will get the hang of things in her time, don't you worry! My Memere (grandma) was born with SB.

Lea -- Sounds like you have alot of fun & new endeavors coming up! :hugs: You will know when the time is right! Let us know what Tegan thinks of her 1st set of wheels!! :winkwink:

We joined that donor website again... and stumbled upon a previous donor (who no longer wanted to meet). He said it was too far of a drive..... so we are making arrangements to drive to where he lives (4.5 hours away!). So, hopefully... we will get two donations from him this cycle. Plus a little mini vacation! I just hope & pray the snow stays away! We'll be driving out on Jan. 22nd. The only problem is we certainly will not be able to afford to do this every cycle!!!!!!

We also started talking with another guy on there... but he also lives 4.5 hrs away. There are no local donors on there! Well, there is one local guy.......... but his picture seems like a stock photo he found on the internet or something. It looks like a professional picture of well dressed lawyers or something... yet he said he owns a horse farm. :shrug: Not so sure i believe the picture is of him........??

Donor searching sure is hard work!! :dohh:

Ruby, maybe you could arrange a coffee meeting with the local guy and see? That way you don't have to travel 4.5 hours! Crazy what we do for a little one eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->