Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Ok, so temps are all pretty much level, no rise yet. No saliva ferning yet. Been getting EWCM for 3 days (not been very stretchy yesterday and today but that's my fault for not drinking anything all day) but I checked my CP about two hours later than usual today and it was low and firm instead of high and soft as it has been for a while now. I'm guessing because it moves around during the day, it's not accurate? I hope so because when I put it in, TCOYF said ovulation was yesterday!! I had some ovulation pain yesterday on both sides, but I always get that a few days before ov so thought nothing of it :cry:

I'm not having an insem until Monday!! Does anyone think I actually HAVEN'T ovulated yet and it's just because I checked CP late? I mean there's not been ANY rise in temps yet and surely if I ovulated yesterday I would've had one today?

xx

TTC Sept 2010- I am also having ovulation issues. Try checking your CP at the same time everyday. Doing it too often can confuse things! Do you use ovpk strips? I started testing from CD11, only had a faint line.

AF came 4 days early last month, what does that mean for this cycle? Will I ovulate as normal or later than usual? Im finding it hard to calculate my ovulation days.

Yeah I check my CP at the same time every day usually, but it was a couple of hours off yesterday. I checked it again later in the day and it was soft and high. But I've ovulated today. My EWCM has gone, been replaced with creamy/lotiony CM, my biggest sign of ovulation. My insem is tomorrow morning so not looking good, but it could be worse I suppose. TCOYF still lists it as a fertile day.

Yeah I usually test with OPK's but ran out! I only got to use one and that was CD14, now on CD16. It was negative, but still a good line so I had a sneaky feeling ovulation was close. Because of it being a weekend I've not been able to go out and buy more. I've got some being delivered tomorrow though now.

Regarding your ov dates, it could go either way. I mean you could've just had one wacky cycle and it's gone back to normal again now. Or your cycle is shortening like mine does sometimes and you have to work out the fertile dates all over again! It helps if you know your luteal phase length because that should mainly stay the same.

xx

Donor has just left. No BFP this month because he couldn't perfom!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry :shrug: xx

Oh no! Sorry to hear that!

No BFP for me this month either! I have inseminated twice but I don't think iv ovulated.

Oh dear. Hate it when that happens. Was gutted the one time that happened to me

Donor has just left. No BFP this month because he couldn't perfom!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry :shrug: xx

Oh no! That sucks! :dohh: Sorry to hear that!

We are meeting our donor tomorrow. This will be our 5th insem with him... i sure hope he has good swimmers! :spermy: This is taking much longer than we anticipated! Although, in fairness to him... we also inseminated twice with a diff donor... and a few times with frozen sperm... and it didn't happen those times either! He has offered to go for a sperm analysis tho! :happydance:

We are meeting at a rest stop this time, & will insem in the back of a mini van! Should be interesting! Just sick of spending money & having to spend the night at a crappy motel!

I just keep telling myself that in the end, all this craziness will be worth it!

Wow! Looks like the 3 of us all had bad luck this cycle! Our donor canceled bc of the weather :sad1: So... no inseminations this month!

And a psychic had told us we were going to get our BFP in March... so sad & disappointed right now... :cry:

https://i53.tinypic.com/x1wuwp.jpg

Ok, I think these are positive...or close to it. IDK! :wacko: I did two to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic but what do you guys think? I'm at CD 17 now and I often O at CD 17-19 but I've not had any ewcm. I was thinking based on this having the donor come tonight and thursday night.

Our first IUI DH couldn't either. He's never been able to in a drs ofc so we always rented a hotel (we live 1.5 hour from dr). I was so irked he worked himself up into not being able to get it done! It took lots of coaching the next 4 times too!

I took another one yesterday and it's about the same, maybe slightly darker. We did the insem Tuesday night! I was so so so nervous/weird about it. I didn't think I could even look at it. Putting it in was no problem, handling it bothered me for some reason though. Since my opk are still turning we've decided to wait to do the next insem tomorrow instead of tonight. We're doing our own "deposits" every other day anyway ;) Hopefully, that combined with the meds, will do something for us. I don't want to get too excited and I'm trying to remember this is only our first donor cycle afterall.

Sorry to just randomly drop this in here but I was just thinking how nice it would be to have a subsection for all those who fall under the LGBQT umbrella - to talk legal matters etc

As I'm not yet CP'd to my OH I only just found out that any child conceived before our CP will be mine alone legally, my OH would have to adopt any child that we have, even though she would be the one who got me
pregnant in the first place..

Anyone else think it could be a good idea?

Good luck to all those imseminating soon - we'll be finding out if our insem worked real soon xxx

@NovemberRayne: I think thats a great idea!

I just got caught up on a few of yall lovely ladies & wanted to wish lots of :dust:!

Had my hcg trigger last night and the last insem is tonight. I feel pretty neutral today. I didn't have many signs of O so I'm not that optimistic and this being the 2nd insem I'm not nervous anymore. So it just oddly feels like any old normal day!

Oh no! That sucks! :dohh: Sorry to hear that!

We are meeting our donor tomorrow. This will be our 5th insem with him... i sure hope he has good swimmers! :spermy: This is taking much longer than we anticipated! Although, in fairness to him... we also inseminated twice with a diff donor... and a few times with frozen sperm... and it didn't happen those times either! He has offered to go for a sperm analysis tho! :happydance:

We are meeting at a rest stop this time, & will insem in the back of a mini van! Should be interesting! Just sick of spending money & having to spend the night at a crappy motel!

I just keep telling myself that in the end, all this craziness will be worth it!

Hi there, I'm brand new to this site....

I commend you for the length you are going to conceive this baby :) whatever it takes right ? When you want something bad enough, you have to go to great measure to get it sometimes !! And yes, it will be all worth it when you see that little life look into your eyes !!
GOOD LUCK ! :thumbup:

The guy I'm going to coparent with has self insemination kits that we are going to try first. We are going to start trying in about 4-5 months. Just trying to learn all about this before we go forward.

I stopped by BC pills this week after being on them for 15 years, to see when my ovulation cycle is and to get to know what my body is going to do. I am hoping that after a few tries we will get it, before having to go to the dr. as I don't know if IUI's are covered under my insurance or not.

I have read all kinds of things on what works for people, so I guess it's going to be a trial & error kind of thing. Any advice on this for me?

Thanks.

Well I'm spotting, AF is on her way. 4 days early again. Maybe my cycle has changed. What do you think?

I don't think it necessarily means AF is on her way? But who knows. 4 days early isn't too far off ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->