Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

The sooner the better I'd say ! But I hear ya on the money factor, that's partly why I'm waiting too. Are you going to the clinic to have the IUI done? What are the chances of multiple births?

:baby: :baby:

:flower:

I agree, she knows I want children before I turn 30, which is in 17 months so really the sooner the better ;-)

Because of my age and fairly regular cycles we're going to try an unmedicated cycle or two, maybe only the trigger shot to induce ovulation but don't want to take clomid as this increases risk of multiples. I'd be more than happy with one baby :)

Triplets sound awesome!!!!!! :baby: :baby: :baby: Although, i would never be able to afford 3 more babies, nor have the room!!!!!!! Yikes!

Topaz -- So happy your scan went well! You're half-way there now!!!!!! :happydance:

So, after talking daily for two weeks+ we haven't heard from our "new" donor now in 3 days. :dohh: I hope he's just busy, and not getting cold feet!!!!! Vicki got her period yesterday, so i wrote him to coordinate which day to meet. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Well, the contract we are planning to sign states no future involvement/no parental rights, etc. But we are willing to give occasional updates/pictures. He lives 5 hours away, plus we are already a "two-parent" family... so we aren't looking for a donor to co-parent.

The plan is to meet him............. I'm just fearful of meeting strangers from the Internet! I was so relieved after meeting the last 2 guys, & hoped i would never have to start from scratch again! Yet, here we are!

I would be super nervous about meeting a donor from the internet. We just sold a car online and I was nervous about that guy coming to the house!

Ok. So I think the insem might have worked. I used a hpt this morning and it had two lines. A very faint second line, but two lines. I think my period should start by Friday. I don't know what to believe, don't know what to do. Maybe the test was messed up. I did use a hcg trigger but I tested Friday morning and it was totally negative. I don't think the shot could turn it back positive, could it? Do you guys think a false positive is possible? I was going to post a pic but it was so faint the cell phone wouldn't pick it up and the batteries in my digi were dead :(.

https://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8208/hpts002.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's so light I feel kinda silly for being excited. You can't even see the one I took this morning on camera. The one on the bottom I just did a few minutes ago. Would I look like a dork going to the dr this early?

woo hoo! Congrats Cottonlily! Be sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins. And no, I don't think it is silly to go to the drs this early. :)

Congrats Cottonlily! Looks like a BFP to me!

And I agree, I'd go to the Dr. I always went early to confirm a BFP.

Just got home from the dr. They did bloodwork and I am pregnant. I'm so shocked. Nothing seemed to go right this cycle - no cm, timing was off, I was all stressed about other stuff. But oh well! I don't have a "real" appt until 3/29 to confirm everything's growing and all.

Just got home from the dr. They did bloodwork and I am pregnant. I'm so shocked. Nothing seemed to go right this cycle - no cm, timing was off, I was all stressed about other stuff. But oh well! I don't have a "real" appt until 3/29 to confirm everything's growing and all.

That's so cool !! I'm happy for you !! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:baby: :cloud9:

I'm so glad we decided to do the donor thing at home. It was so much less stressful than being in the fertility clinic.

Congrats to the lady who is expecting.:flower:

So when is the best time to insem - does it have to be during ovulation?

Please advise as i'm quite stuck.

Thank you.x

Thank you.x

According to my book "What to expect before you're expecting":

The best chance of being successful is the day you ovulate, or even a couple of days before ovulation. "During each monthly cycle, your egg is open for the business of fertilization for only about 12 to 24 hours after ovulation"

:thumbup:

Thank you.x

Peak fertility is generally 0-48 hours prior to ovulation. The 4 days prior to ovulation and day of ovulation are also fertile days. Some women have gotten pregnant from insemination/BD up to a week prior to ovulation, but the success rates are higher the closer to ovulation you get.

Definitely take a look at the book What to Expect Before You are Expecting. It has a nice run-down of different methods for predicting ovulation as well as 12 months of charts to use to track your fertility signs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->