Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Feeling a little sad that our first insemination didn't work but happy we have a good donor and grateful I have THE most supportive partner ever!

I had to have a lil cry earlier today but I'm feeling a lot more positive about the future now

Lots of love and babydust to all..

Feeling a little sad that our first insemination didn't work but happy we have a good donor and grateful I have THE most supportive partner ever!

I had to have a lil cry earlier today but I'm feeling a lot more positive about the future now

Lots of love and babydust to all..

Sorry to hear but hopefully it won't take many more tries...keep your chin up :) try and stay positive, i know it may be hard to do... :flower:

Sorry November! :( Some couples play the blame game or just aren't really there for one another. I know having someone supportive makes all the difference. I hope you don't have to try too much longer.

Well our donor flaked on us Friday. DH took him the kit as he asked and we didn't hear back from him until Saturday evening. He said he got tied up doing some other things and offered to donate Saturday. But that was too late as I'd done the trigger Thursday night. So I'm 99.9% sure this cycle was a bust. I can't say waste bc at least I learned some things. And I'm not mad at the donor, disappointed, but not mad because he had nothing to gain by helping us as much as he did. If by some miracle it worked the donor has energizer bunny sperm from the Tuesday insem or even more miraculously DH swimmers finally did the trick!

how long from trigger shot to ov is it. if its 24 hours or so i think you def still have a chance.

Sorry you were disappointed November :( Good luck for next cycle! Cotton, Id say you still have a chance!

Not alot new with me, got a new wee rabbit today! He's so cute!

Attachments

• DSCF1817.jpg
    DSCF1817.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1823.jpg
    DSCF1823.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF1832.jpg
    DSCF1832.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 7
hiya everyone! it's my first time posting on BnB after a little lurking. my situation is a bit unusual, as OH and i are *both* ttc at home with a donor. she's almost 41 and i'm 38, so the chances aren't that great for either of us, but we're still hoping! first inseminations with this donor happened 6 days ago (for me and her) and 4 days ago (just for her). i tried once before in november with a good friend who just happened to be in paris for a few days at the right time, and i think it might have worked (weird burning, swollen boobies, bloating and acne...something that i had never experienced before.) alas, AF showed up.

anyway, i just wanted to say hi and send out good wishes to everyone.

bisous to all!
m

how long from trigger shot to ov is it. if its 24 hours or so i think you def still have a chance.

You're supposed to Ov 12-36 hours after you trigger. I felt really really crampy on Friday afternoon so I think I Od that evening.

Sorry you were disappointed November :( Good luck for next cycle! Cotton, Id say you still have a chance!

Not alot new with me, got a new wee rabbit today! He's so cute!

Adorables! I like that he's not all white :)

so maybe someone can help me come up with an acronym for my....baby's daddy to-be ? He's going to be so much more than a donor sperm. But he's not my SO....more of a friend who is going to raise the baby with me. We are going to have to inseminate with a kit, or if that doesn't work, then IUI.

any ideas? BDTOB, baby's daddy to be?
??
:shrug:

so maybe someone can help me come up with an acronym for my....baby's daddy to-be ? He's going to be so much more than a donor sperm. But he's not my SO....more of a friend who is going to raise the baby with me. We are going to have to inseminate with a kit, or if that doesn't work, then IUI.

any ideas? BDTOB, baby's daddy to be?
??
:shrug:

Well if you are writing on here and put BDTOB no one will know what that means, lol....... i think maybe just use FOB (father of baby) since that is a known acronym on BnB :thumbup:

Sorry i haven't been around much!!!!!! Was so disappointed with the last few BFNs and then the donor canceling a few weeks ago bc of snow. I haven't felt too chatty. We are talking to a new possible donor. He seems like a great guy.......... but i always get so super scared & nervous about meeting guys from the internet! Yikes! :wacko:

thanks ! I'll use that then.

Good luck with the new donor ! Do you have plans to meet him? Is he going to be involved in the baby's life or just a donor ? Just asking, no offense either way :)

Well, the contract we are planning to sign states no future involvement/no parental rights, etc. But we are willing to give occasional updates/pictures. He lives 5 hours away, plus we are already a "two-parent" family... so we aren't looking for a donor to co-parent.

The plan is to meet him............. I'm just fearful of meeting strangers from the Internet! I was so relieved after meeting the last 2 guys, & hoped i would never have to start from scratch again! Yet, here we are!

Well, the contract we are planning to sign states no future involvement/no parental rights, etc. But we are willing to give occasional updates/pictures. He lives 5 hours away, plus we are already a "two-parent" family... so we aren't looking for a donor to co-parent.

The plan is to meet him............. I'm just fearful of meeting strangers from the Internet! I was so relieved after meeting the last 2 guys, & hoped i would never have to start from scratch again! Yet, here we are!

It is a bit un-nerving to meet people from online that's for sure. Try to stay positive, I'm sure the right one is in your near future ! :baby::happydance:

Good luck on meeting this one, let us know how it goes !

hi girls, had my 20 week scan today and everything was perfect and confirmed my private scan of another little boy.

hi ladies! it's been quiet on here lately, hope you're all ok.

ruby - hope it works out with your new donor, sending you lots of :dust:

topazicatzbet - wow 20wks already! glad the scan went well, congrats on your lil man.

well i don't think i'm gonna get my :bfp: til at least the end of april :cry:
after my crazy short cycle and not ovulating last month i wasn't sure what my body would do this month.
i planned a donation on cd18 as i usually ov on cd19. my donor could only make it on the morning of cd17 though. i wasn't too worried but my temps say i ov'd on cd16! i didn't get any positive opks again this month but there is no mistaking my temps chart so i am fairly sure that i did ov this month but with the donation being the day after i think it would be a miracle if it worked:growlmad:
i'm gonna have a month off trying now. if it were to work next month i would be due right at christmas which would be a nightmare for me. so my next try will be mid-late april probably.

here's my chart https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

I was just told when I'd be off for my summer holidays this year and it's at the end of June/beg. of July. I'm off for 2 weeks and looking at my chart online that would work out great for treatment at the clinic.
HOWEVER, if things worked the first time(obv. fingers crossed) I'd have an EDD of 31.3.2012, which I think is just a couple of months earlier than my OH was hoping, I think she was more hoping of a summer/autumn 2012 offspring ;-)
But timing would be perfect even if my cycle changed until then...

Reason she wants to wait is money and the fact that we don't live together yet but would move in together once I go on maternity leave early 2012

I was just told when I'd be off for my summer holidays this year and it's at the end of June/beg. of July. I'm off for 2 weeks and looking at my chart online that would work out great for treatment at the clinic.
HOWEVER, if things worked the first time(obv. fingers crossed) I'd have an EDD of 31.3.2012, which I think is just a couple of months earlier than my OH was hoping, I think she was more hoping of a summer/autumn 2012 offspring ;-)
But timing would be perfect even if my cycle changed until then...

Reason she wants to wait is money and the fact that we don't live together yet but would move in together once I go on maternity leave early 2012

The sooner the better I'd say ! But I hear ya on the money factor, that's partly why I'm waiting too. Are you going to the clinic to have the IUI done? What are the chances of multiple births?

:baby: :baby:

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"