Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Thanks guys... guess i just needed a day or two to feel sorry for myself... lol. Yes, we've been trying to find a donor closer but no luck yet! As for TTC while losing weight...... i've stopped getting my period! :dohh: Not sure if it's simply bc i've gained weight..... or bc my insulin level is high.... or a combination of the two! I always got it very regularly up until about a year ago...... now i get it like once every 3 - 4 months maybe! (currently, i haven't had it in a few months :shrug:)

Sorry Rosie! :hugs:

i didn't have a donation this month:cry: because my temps were crazy, i had blank opks (i normally have a faint line at least) and i've had no ewcm i cancelled it as i was sure i hadn't ovulated

:( Sounds like something might be up with your hormones then. When I was first TTC and thought I wasn't getting pregnant because of me I did some acupuncture for fertility. that can do wonders for underlying hormonal issues.

I've had AFs before there were so light they were just spotting for a day or two. I think it was break-through bleeding or something. I know how frustrating it is. You keep thinking is this it or is the real thing coming? Sorry it's been so tedious this time. I hope the donor is understanding.

Aww the OPK's are driving me crazy, still not getting much darker, but getting there slowly - Our donor text me to find out how we were doing and gave me some testing hints and tips. We're definitely sure we made the right choice in him, very understanding and helpful - just hoping those sticks get darker so we can get started on our first cycle of inseminations :D

NovemberRayne - EWCM is egg white cervical fluid. Basically the most fertile fluid you can have and it helps to keep those swimmers alive and hopefully gets them through the cervix and right up to that egg! It hangs around during your fertile period and tends to go away on the day of or day before ovulation, although some women hardly get any at all and some get it all the way through their 2ww! It's clear and stretchy in appearance and mostly quite thin. Resembles raw egg whites, hence the name :) xx

Oh thanks for that, I was wondering what that meant - and now I know what that type of cm means.. I've been stressing I wouldn't ovulate this month (only one ovary from birth) but its looking like I will - thank you xxx

Hey everyone! Please send peaceful happy thoughts to Erin (EpdTTC) and her little girl - she is heading to the hospital because her water broke. She's still 5 weeks from her due date and feeling anxious -- I'm sure our warm thoughts and prayers will be appreciated.

hope she doesn't mind me posting this...

hope all is ok erin, i ve had 2 friendshave babies this past year born at 34 weeks and after less than a week in hospital to get feeding established they have been home. im sure all will be fine

Oh Erin! That little girl is quite impatient! Lots of warm wishes & positive thoughts! Will be thinking of you & your baby girl! Everything will be fine -- my niece (born 12 weeks early!) -- will be turning 1 soon... and is beautiful, healthy, & happy in every way!

Thanks for letting us know Emily! Looking forward to hearing updates! XOXO

We're hopefully going to meet with our donor tomorrow, I took a photo of my test.. could you girls look at it and judge whether 2moro would be a good day for the donation?

Positive on its way tomorrow?

Erin had her baby girl! Baby Eden Penny was born at 7:52am weighing 5lbs5oz and 19 1/2 inches long.

Mom and baby are doing well, but will probably be in the hospital for a while since Eden was 5.5 weeks early!

We're hopefully going to meet with our donor tomorrow, I took a photo of my test.. could you girls look at it and judge whether 2moro would be a good day for the donation?

Positive on its way tomorrow?

November, I would consider that a positive test. My lines rarely got darker than that. I would go ahead and inseminate. Anyone else agree?

congratulations erin. thaqts a good weight fro being early. bet she isnt in long.

Congrats again Erin -- Gorgeous name!

NovemberRayne -- Today or Tomorrow should be perfect for insem! :thumbup:

Meeting with the donor tonight, soooo nervous!!! I have a question about Ovulation tests, I wanted to test again today just to be sure but I've been so crazy thirsty today that when I came home from work... there wasn't even a line..wouldn't the positive fade out, or does it really just go overnight? I'm just hoping I've drank too much and not missed it

So, I tested again which confirmed my surge of yesterday had definitely gone and I noticed a fair bit of cm over the course of the day - I figured that meant today would be perfect for the insemination as I would be Ovulating and we could only have one try this cycle (or am I wrong?)

Either way, we have officially entered the exciting 2WW!! Donation went amazingly great

Fingers crossed xxx

I'm not sure, NovemberRayne -- To my understanding, insemination the day after the +OPK sounds like perfect timing! I'm not sure if by the next day, the test is completely negative... b/c i have always heard "there is no point in continuing to test after getting the +OPK" -- So i always stopped testing rather than wasting tests :shrug:

Good luck on your 2WW -- FX'ed for you!

It seems I've read everything I can find, and i'm STILL nervous about this.

What size syringe is best to use? Is it necessary to use a diaphragm/Instead cup? And plastic or glass jar and syringe? Does that really make much of a difference?

Thanks for any help! I'm eager to join discussion, and be part of things, here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->