Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

She's doing great Topaz! Her weight was up to 7lbs 9ozs at her doc appointment on Friday. Her birth weight was 5lbs 5ozs and went down to 5lbs 1oz so she is doing great! How are you feeling?

Any news from Gina anyone (AKA Snagglepat)?

Your little girl is absolutely lovely :cloud9:

Re Gina - she had a baby boy a while back. I'll let her know you've been asking after her :)

I've been FB stalking Gina! Her baby boy is a cutie-pie! Looks alot like Ember!

Tegans Mama... i was just thinking about you the other day! Haven't seen you around lately... how is beautiful Miss Tegan doing?? :flower:

I got caught by the witch on day 2 after AF was due. I wasn't very hopeful it had been successful so wasn't toooo upset (just moped a bit) spoke to our donor who was lovely told me not to give up and that we'd keep trying until we got a BFP however long it took which was comforting to say the least. So this cycle we're going to up the donations and try preseed and possibly softcups just to try and aid things

I really never realised how emotional this would all be, I had another little cry to my girlfriend because I really felt like I was letting her down, inconveniencing our donor and a whole other bunch of crazy stuff I'm so thankful she's a calming influence I'd be like a crazy woman

Best of luck to all those in their 2WW

I got caught by the witch on day 2 after AF was due. I wasn't very hopeful it had been successful so wasn't toooo upset (just moped a bit) spoke to our donor who was lovely told me not to give up and that we'd keep trying until we got a BFP however long it took which was comforting to say the least. So this cycle we're going to up the donations and try preseed and possibly softcups just to try and aid things

I really never realised how emotional this would all be, I had another little cry to my girlfriend because I really felt like I was letting her down, inconveniencing our donor and a whole other bunch of crazy stuff I'm so thankful she's a calming influence I'd be like a crazy woman

Best of luck to all those in their 2WW

* Hi my name is molly my wife and I have been trying for three months using a donor i so know where your coming from with being stressed and the emotional roller coaster that you must be on I just wanted to wish you the best and most luck in the world I know doing the at home insemination is hard my dr just put me on clomid and i have been taking it for the three months hoping that it will help us. i would love to follow you on here at a friend and talk if you would like to talk i would love to share anything i can to help while we are doing this for the same reason. Thanks hope to hear from you soon BABY DUST..

Confusing cycle for me... I usually get AF like clockwork on day 27 or 28. Today is day 30 and still no AF and I have high temps, BUT tested twice with BFN! :( Bought a different brand of tests and will test again Monday.

Confusing cycle for me... I usually get AF like clockwork on day 27 or 28. Today is day 30 and still no AF and I have high temps, BUT tested twice with BFN! :( Bought a different brand of tests and will test again Monday.

Fingers crossed for you!! :dust:

Not sure if I posted here before, but I'm another one doing at-home inseminations with a private sperm donor.
I'm in a straight relationship, but he doesn't produce sperm as a side effect from childhood cancer.
About to enter our third cycle with him, and hoping for the best.
Is anyone familiar with knowndonor.com?

No, but i'm going to go check it out right now... thanks! Is that the site you use? Do you like it?

It's a single sperm donor. He is very successful, with a great reputation and track record. His contracts seem to be an "industry standard," as found by a quick google search.
We found each other through FreeSpermDonors, a Yahoo group.

hi Molly good luck to you !! welcome to the thread :)
I will be trying at home insem starting in June. There are lots of great info on here & great people !! :thumbup:

It's a single sperm donor. He is very successful, with a great reputation and track record. His contracts seem to be an "industry standard," as found by a quick google search.
We found each other through FreeSpermDonors, a Yahoo group.

good luck cupcake ! keep us posted !
:thumbup::baby:

Hi All...
I am 38 this yr and have 2 children, after our last was born(11 yrs ago) my hubby had a vastectomy which we both now deaply regret. It all happened so quickly and now looking back we feel we was 'pushed' into it by Drs etc with no councelling etc...Anyway we would love to have another child,we are in a good postition in our lives. We can not afford for hubby to have it reversed and have been told that because it has been so many yrs that a reversal is unlikely to be succesfull. So after many many months of discusions we have decided to use a sperm donor. A good friend of ours offered his help, we used him twice but he wasnt reliable(he lives an hour from us) and we felt it just didnt feel 'right' with him. We are in our 1st month of using a new donor, he is a lovely caring person and we both agree it just feels 'right' with him.
I am using Clearblue opk,the 1 with smiley face and i am a member of mymonthlys, going by the website (which have been recording my periods for about a yr) i should have ovulated on 26th Feb but got my smiley face on 25th Feb i then got my period on 14th March so going by these dates i should have roughly Ov on 1st April, i have been testing since 29th March and still havnt had a lovely smiley face...Do you think i have missed Ov this month or should i carry on testing?????

Sorry this post is so long but thank you for reading....
:dust: To you All.
love Seashell xx

Baaaah! Still BFN and still no AF.

I still think I'm preggo, but these BFNs are really discouraging. I won't be able to be happy about it until I actually get confirmation from a test.

Still no AF for me, 5 days late. I haven't tested yet, think I will wait till I'm a week late if I get there! Fingers crossed!

Ohaimommy...how about a blood test?

Yeah, I'll have to go to dr. for a blood test if I still get no AF and BFN.

DH wants me to wait and test again on Thursday, so maybe blood then if BFN!

Still no AF for me, 5 days late. I haven't tested yet, think I will wait till I'm a week late if I get there! Fingers crossed!

Ohaimommy...how about a blood test?

cant believe you havent tested yet, what will power. i got both my bfp at 10dpo well before af was due

I have irregular periods, so didn't want to see that disappointing BFN! My last two cycles have been 32 days, but before that 32-35 day cycles.

I have no symptoms at all, so not feeling hopeful!:shrug:

Perhaps you are ovulating late, are you checking cp and cervical mucus?

cervical mucas is normal at mo:growlmad:...... should i carry on with clearblue testing????

Yes I would carry on testing. I never got a positive OPK so went by my cervical mucus on this cycle. I always know when im around Ovulation as my cervix is very open and have clear stretchy mucus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->