Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I used Preseed on the cycle I got my BFP. Used it to lube the speculum and the softcup. We may have put a little bit up inside of me first too but I don't remember if we did that on that cycle or not! Any news Ruby? Been thinking of you!

Ohhhhhh man, I forgot my OPK at home today, had a nagging thought that I had forgotten something until I needed to use the lil girls room - cycle usually runs like clockwork but still go by my OPKs, ovulation is due 2moro but as it's now 11pm I bet I've missed my definitive surge - had a donation last night (Monday) and another booked for 2moro...... I should be okay if I did actually have a surge and missed it right?

I used Preseed on the cycle I got my BFP. Used it to lube the speculum and the softcup. We may have put a little bit up inside of me first too but I don't remember if we did that on that cycle or not! Any news Ruby? Been thinking of you!

I'm hearing so much about BFP from using the Preseed...I might have to try it on my first cycle ! I also plan on using the softcup, already practiced using it. I just checked out the Conceive Plus website, looks good online but i don't know, it's not sold anywhere in the US? That makes me wonder ? Anyone have any experience with that ?

But I didn't think of using a speculum with the syringe ?? Do you really need a speculum if you're doing an at home insem? I'm new at this so any advice would be great !!

I'm in my second cycle using clomid, and third cycle using donor sperm. I should be ovulating in the next few days!
I have a question though...
Is Conceive Plus really better than Pre'Seed? I started using preseed last month, along with Instead cups, and I'm not sure if it made a difference. I suppose only time and testing will tell!
But before this thread, I've never heard of Conceive Plus. We use the pre'seed before insemination and to lube the speculum when it's used.
I'd love to hear what the difference is!

Hey, i'm using clomid and donor sperm too! This is my second month on the clomid (i didnt inseminate on the first month - timings were off) and i'm in my 2ww!

About preseed, i've spoken to my GP about this and it actually just dilutes the sperm. It's great if you're having actual intercourse and are 'dry' but for us, where intercourse isn't happening, it just isn't really necessary. For lubing speculums and soft cups, fair enough, but inserting it along with the sperm is just diluting the sperm. I'm not saying you won't get pregnant while using it (obviously, LOADS of people get pregnant on it) but that may have happened even without the preseed. I really don't think it is necessary - your own cervical mucous should be enough to help the sperm swim up there.

I'm in my 2ww now. I did ICI with a speculum and had 'lots of lovely cervical mucous' apparently, so fingers crossed. I don't feel very pregnant though, so i'm not very hopeful!

Good luck to everyone else waiting and congrats to those who got their BFP!

hey ladies I haven't been on inawhile, as we were deciding on donor and not sure when we were going to start home insemination.....well we found one that ships and I got my first donation today....problem was I usually get a +OPK 11 days after i stop bleeding(which would have been today) and i didnt get one...not yet anyway...i inseminated anyway, hoping i'll O in the next couple of days...i've heard the swimmers can stay alive up to 5 days now....not sure how accurate that is....anyway, i think everything worked out ok...i did the insemination myself just using a 10ML syringe and hopefully i was in there high enough...anyway, kinda nervous because our donor is having the health dept take him to court for being a "sperm bank" and he has to clear that up before he donates again :( so fingers crossed it works the first time.....
will catch up and post personals later......
have a blessed day:) :) :) :)

hey ladies I haven't been on inawhile, as we were deciding on donor and not sure when we were going to start home insemination.....well we found one that ships and I got my first donation today....problem was I usually get a +OPK 11 days after i stop bleeding(which would have been today) and i didnt get one...not yet anyway...i inseminated anyway, hoping i'll O in the next couple of days...i've heard the swimmers can stay alive up to 5 days now....not sure how accurate that is....anyway, i think everything worked out ok...i did the insemination myself just using a 10ML syringe and hopefully i was in there high enough...anyway, kinda nervous because our donor is having the health dept take him to court for being a "sperm bank" and he has to clear that up before he donates again :( so fingers crossed it works the first time.....
will catch up and post personals later......
have a blessed day:) :) :) :)

Hi :wave: Was wondering where you've been! Congrats on your 1st donation! :happydance: Just out of curiosity, is this the donor we were both talking with? (The one who seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth for a while??)

Just read your signature & see you have a newborn foster baby living with you?! That's awesome!

OH & i are in limbo right now! Still getting BFNs when we test! Yet OH's period is late. Her cycles are usually 27 - 34 days... and today is CD 38. I'm really, really hoping that it's some fluke & for some reason the HPTs just aren't working for her. I'm on pins & needles hoping the :witch: doesn't show up! Please send us some baby dust!!!! Fingers crossed AF stays away... and we get our BFP this month!!!!!!!!!

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

hey ruby, thanks for the warm welcome ;) yes maam, it is the same donor...he was having personal issues with his family and stopped donating for a couple of weeks but then started back again...hoping for success as i don't know if he will be donating again and i hate to start over!

yes maam, monday we got a 3 day old,he is the half brother of our one yr old that we are in process of adopting...he is so cute and sweet...not sure yet if he will be adoptable as there is extended family interested as well. We will enjoy him as long as he's here. :winkwink:

my fingers are crossed that AF stays away from you guys!!! hang in there, sometimes that BFP takes awhile to show up:) baby dust to you!

Well I'm out this month girls, had a positive opk today on CD12, 5 days early, and not meeting any donors until Sunday, and none of them can meet me tonight as it's too short notice :cry:

Good luck Ruby!

Awww Luna :hugs: That's so disappointing! Hope next month goes smoother for you!

Hello all,

This is my first month TTC. My partner and I have been together 3 years and we started talking about having kids about 2 years ago as I really love kids. It took us a while to figure out if we should use known donor or anonymous from a bank. Given that we live in Singapore where you can't get sperm from the sperm bank unless you are married, getting a known donor was the easiest and cheapest way. We were lucky that we found a friend who could donate and he has been very kind in doing everything he can to assist.

Due to some fibroids that caused heavy menstrual bleeding, I had a surgery 1 year ago to get them removed. Doc said I could start trying 6 months after surgery, but it turned out that I stopped getting my period altogether and he had to give me Provera to kick start it. It happened twice, so doc started me on Provera and Clomid last month.

My cycle started on March 20th and got a strong opk + on cd13 at 4 pm and normal opk + on cd14 at 2:30pm. Did DIY home insemination with our donor on cd14 at 3 pm and cd15 at 9 pm (earliest he could get to our place)

You can see my chart here: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3496d7

I'm cd 27, dpo 12 today. I know for a lot of people its too early to tell if they are pregnant but all the :BFN: are driving me crazy and I'm worried that if we have to try too many cycles, my donor will give up.

HELP!

:flower: welcome ebelle!!! i know some people didn't get + HPT until 14dp insemination so hang in there! it's frustrating to see the bfn's but sometimes they don't pick up the amt of hcg so it may take longer....fingers crossed this is your month!!!! sounds like your timing was perfect and you are so lucky to have fresh sperm! :) good luck!:dust:

Good Morning Ladies,

I didn't think to join until today. i have been reading your posts for a couple of months now, as my wife and I try to conceive.

We had 2 tries at the clinic after trying at home 5 times. We are back to trying at home for financial reasons. As you can see, we are definitely doing something very wrong. Need help!

We are doing at home, have a known donor and have anonymous donor. I see the use of Pre'seed, spectulums, syringes, monitors etc. We haven't had a very high tech monitor, just the sticks, and we use a small syringe because samples are so small, but I think we need to be directed differently now. The instead cups work well? Should we use a 10ml syringe, and what about collection of the sperm?

ANY help is appreciated!!!

*hugs* so sorry Rubyrrainbow, try again next month?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->