Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

so from what I've read online so far that inseminating at home doesn't make the chances of multiple births to be higher ? Is that correct?

Of course I'm paranoid because I just got done watching one of those baby shows and a same sex couple had triplets then twins the next round, but they used IVF......I don't think I could handle more than 2 at at a time !! LOL

dodgegirl, that's correct. Only using clomid/soy or IVF with multiple embryo transfer increases the likelihood of multiples.

I took two more tests today.

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/215389_10150563889065634_816630633_18380796_2710757_n.jpg

I'm so nervous!!!!! Thank you all for your ongoing support!

Congrats mechanica! That is so awesome......I'm so happy for you! :D

I did my last inseminations last week, Monday and Tuesday; pretty sure I O'd Tuesday. Entering the second half of my TWW and doing my best to NOT symptom spot.
I hope to join you soon mechanica! ;)

Popping in to offer lots of baby dust! I know this road, as I did the at home insem too. Good luck ladies!

Congrats Mechanica! And Cranberry-it looks like congrats are in order for you too!!!

SO my dr. says to insem every other day during OV. I would think that every day would be better odds? He is available to do it that often, so why not right? Thoughts, suggestions? Our first time will be in a few weeks, so I'm super nervous but want to do everything right to give it the best chance possible !! :spermy:

I've read on here that people insem 2-3 days before OV, day before, and day of. Should I do day after to make sure ?

Congrats mechanica! That is so awesome......I'm so happy for you! :D

I did my last inseminations last week, Monday and Tuesday; pretty sure I O'd Tuesday. Entering the second half of my TWW and doing my best to NOT symptom spot.
I hope to join you soon mechanica! ;)

good luck cupcake !! :baby:

Congrats Mechanica!

Not been around much lately, I have been reading but not commenting on anything.

I've been waiting to get a date for an ankle operation, finally happened today so I will be TTC from Aug/Sept this year!!! :happydance:

I'll try to be a bit more... commenty from now on ladies!

Good Morning Ladies,

I didn't think to join until today. i have been reading your posts for a couple of months now, as my wife and I try to conceive.

We had 2 tries at the clinic after trying at home 5 times. We are back to trying at home for financial reasons. As you can see, we are definitely doing something very wrong. Need help!

We are doing at home, have a known donor and have anonymous donor. I see the use of Pre'seed, spectulums, syringes, monitors etc. We haven't had a very high tech monitor, just the sticks, and we use a small syringe because samples are so small, but I think we need to be directed differently now. The instead cups work well? Should we use a 10ml syringe, and what about collection of the sperm?

ANY help is appreciated!!!

Hello! Sorry we all missed your post. Welcome to the thread and good luck. a small syringe is fine, but you want to make sure the sperm makes contact with your cervix. Two ways to do this:
1) add a short catheter (tube) to the end of the syringe and use a speculum to make sure the sperm is getting where it needs to go.
2) skip the catheter and just put the sperm into an instead cup and carefully insert it, making sure that the sperm makes contact with your cervix.

It may be worth adding another method of tracking ovulation to make sure you have your timing right. I recommend tracking your basal body temperature.

Also, if your cervical mucus is too thick, grapefruit juice or guafesin can help. If you don't have enough cervical mucus, adding preseed or egg whites may help. Just 1-3 ml is plenty!

good luck!

Erin, I can't find anything by cranberry about possible good news -- can you link something?

Her signature says 4-17-11 BFP and that she has a beta scheduled for 4-21-11. ???

Hello ladies, I've been talking to Mechanica and she's over the moon! :cloud9:

I'm on my first day of EWCM today with donations lined up for Friday and Monday. I was just wondering if pre-seed still helps and does it's job ok if my own EWCM is thick? Last month I inserted a tiny drop of pre-seed inside me to make it easier to get the cup in later, poured the semen into the cup, mixed a little more pre-seed in with it, then inserted the cup. Is that ok? After Nimyra's post I'll be getting some grapefruit juice as an added extra!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->