Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

think you have mentioned all the methods i know. i drank grapefruit juice both cycles i concieved and really notices a difference.

i tried epo when trying for callum and it really messed up my cycle.

as for stats day dreamer, you have as much chance concieving via AI as NI each cycle.

Topaz - When you say it messed up your cycle, d'you mean ov was delayed or was your whole cycle shortened? xx

My cycle was always bang on but that cycle ov was 2 days later and then lp was 2 days longer. Went from a 32 day cycle to 36. Stopped taking it and next cycle went back to normal and I concieved callum.

Ok, what I might do then is leave the EPO until next cycle because I won't be getting any donations. So if I get affected in the same way as you it won't cause a load of crap with timing etc. That way if it's good for me I can carry on with it, if it turns out to be a waste of time I can leave it. So this cycle I might just stick with the grapefruit juice, pre-seed and the increased water intake. Thanks Topaz! :hugs: xx

as for stats day dreamer, you have as much chance concieving via AI as NI each cycle.

Really?? I thought it would be way way less for AI, because when we finally start TTC we'll only be able to inseminate probably twice per cycle, and that'll be pretty much based on guess work as to when i'll ovulate. My SIL and her boyfriend however, conceived the first month they were trying just through going at it like rabbits for the entire week around when she thought she'd ovulate - no temping, no charts, no planning or anything!

As long as you time it right you have the same chance.

Took me 3 and 5 cycles to concieve. My best friend and hubby were at it like rabbits for a year both times they concieved and they had test that showed both were fine just took a while to get that bfp.

Really?? I thought it would be way way less for AI, because when we finally start TTC we'll only be able to inseminate probably twice per cycle, and that'll be pretty much based on guess work as to when i'll ovulate. My SIL and her boyfriend however, conceived the first month they were trying just through going at it like rabbits for the entire week around when she thought she'd ovulate - no temping, no charts, no planning or anything!

day dreamer - yes, i discussed this with my doctor, and the odds are the same as hetro couples. it's all about the timing. make sure to use OPK's so that you know exactly when to do the insemination. timing is super important for same sex couples as you just get "one shot", literally! :rofl:

Good luck :)

Hello everyone. I'm currently 2-4 dpo. I'm not sure as I had ov bl on Thursday cd 12 and I think positive opk which weren't dark but same shade on Sunday cd 15. So who knows my temps all over the place since I work nights and days. I did AI on Friday cd 13 & cd 16. I'm really confused of when I ov this cycle. My LP is 14-15 days so still have full tww. I used soft cup and pre seed added in the cup all within less then 5 minutes of ejaculation (Tmi) :) . The donor (Good friend of ours with 3 kids) has offered to ejac directly inside. I love the idea but the awkwardness is driving me crazy..... I'm self conscience of my privates. Dh only one gets to look LOL. Anyway what do u think about my cycle, how many dpo am I? And what can I do about the awkwardness. I really want to but I freak out ugh. You know what I mean right!? I hope! Sorry had lots of venting to do I guess.
Baby dust to all

Hey all, hope everyone's well :flower:

I'm very aware I keep spamming this thread but you all give good answers :haha:

When using softcups, what's the best position to be in after the insem? Is it just as important to lie down as you would when using the syringe method, or would sitting up be better?

Baby dust :happydance: xx

Managed to fit in an extra donation for Friday... might be too early but by then I should have EWCM so I'm quite happy about it. I've never been able to get three donations into one cycle before! :happydance: xx

Managed to fit in an extra donation for Friday... might be too early but by then I should have EWCM so I'm quite happy about it. I've never been able to get three donations into one cycle before! :happydance: xx

so awesome !! I'm happy for you ! Good luck !!

I put my legs up in the air against the wall for 30 min after I insem into the softcups. who knows what the best way is ?

Well, I tested this am and :bfn:.....
but it was kinda early to test, so who knows. I won't be convinced until AF shows her ugly stupid face...lol

Damn it, tomorrow's donation has been cancelled because he's got an all day job interview. I'm really happy for him but disappointed at the same time :haha: I don't think it'll make much difference in the long run though to be honest because I'm still a couple of days away from being in my fertile window, I'm not due to ovulate until halfway through next week. I should still get two donations in though so it's all good :happydance: xx

Well have good news and bad news. My sperm donors wife got a BFP, they were ntnp bc they thought she couldn't have kids. Well his comment to me was must be some good swimmers!? I'm happy for them really but i'm soo hoping that i get my BFP too. I'm 5-7 dpo and i already tested twice, 2nd time being after they gave us the news..... of course BFN but now i'm symptoms seasrching like crazy bc she has what i want and I want to be preg so bad. Sorry for the vent don't have anyone else to talk too as no one knows we are ttc.

Damn it, tomorrow's donation has been cancelled because he's got an all day job interview. I'm really happy for him but disappointed at the same time :haha: I don't think it'll make much difference in the long run though to be honest because I'm still a couple of days away from being in my fertile window, I'm not due to ovulate until halfway through next week. I should still get two donations in though so it's all good :happydance: xx

oh that sucks, but at least you will still get two donations in !! :thumbup:

momwannabe81 - Your donor's got a point, his swimmers are obviously in good working order so you've got a good shot! But I would say being between 5 and 7 dpo is way too early to be testing... if you want to avoid disappointment I'd start testing between 12 and 14 dpo. Good luck and loads of baby dust!! :hugs: xx

momwannabe81 - Your donor's got a point, his swimmers are obviously in good working order so you've got a good shot! But I would say being between 5 and 7 dpo is way too early to be testing... if you want to avoid disappointment I'd start testing between 12 and 14 dpo. Good luck and loads of baby dust!! :hugs: xx

I know that was his point. Still frustrating as they weren't even trying and we were. I do hope they are good enough for me, as I never been preg and i start to freak out something might be wrong with me. I have u/s and have plenty of eggs and my cycles are like clock work and have ewcm every month so I assume i'm ok but we all do have lots of friends and family around us getting preg and not us. I guess these ttw just driving me crazy this time as had lots of good luck and good signs but no symptoms and really hope/think this month is it. But i'm pretty unlucky usually so all this good is scaring me that something will be wrong. And there I go again venting and just talking nonsense.

Don't worry about it, it's what BnB is here for. We've all been there :hugs: xx

hey all...a quick post...today is 6dpo and i know this is TMI but i had a BM this morning and when i wiped my front afterwards there was pale pink on tp..when i went back few mins later there was a little more..now there isnt any...sometimes i get that before AF starts but she's not due till at least next friday and when i've spotted before it's been more like 10dpo so not sure? i feel like i'm having my PMS symptoms though, the spot on the tp, acne and mild cramps...BUT, usually the spotting after the BM is only once and like i said not this early...not sure what to think but i'm def not getting my hopes up that it could be implantation bleeding either!!
fingers crossed for everyone!!! :flower:

I'd be getting excited faithbabies! But at the same time, I know what the disappointment feels like :shrug: TTC is so hard!

Massive dilemma. The family dog is being put down on Tuesday. I had a donation planned for Tuesday. Said donation will be pretty much spot on, timing wise.

My Nan will need somebody with her on the day, my Dad is at work. My parents are putting pressure on me to travel down there and be there to support her. I love my Nan so much, but I'm not the most affectionate of people so I don't think I'm the right person. Plus, I don't think I could watch something like that. I couldn't even handle my own dog being taken away when he went off for his police training! But I'm going to feel unbelievably guilty if I cop out and stay here for the donation. It's going to be the best timed donation this cycle. The second one is probably going to be a day late due to FOB's schedule.

What the hell am I supposed to do in this kind of situation?! This is when TTC with donor sperm really starts to get irritating :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->