Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

faithbabies, I hope it means good news this month. Keep us posted!

hope we all get our BFP this month!!! although mine wont be until june!! wishing all u ladies the best of luck!!!

I'd be getting excited faithbabies! But at the same time, I know what the disappointment feels like :shrug: TTC is so hard!

Massive dilemma. The family dog is being put down on Tuesday. I had a donation planned for Tuesday. Said donation will be pretty much spot on, timing wise.

My Nan will need somebody with her on the day, my Dad is at work. My parents are putting pressure on me to travel down there and be there to support her. I love my Nan so much, but I'm not the most affectionate of people so I don't think I'm the right person. Plus, I don't think I could watch something like that. I couldn't even handle my own dog being taken away when he went off for his police training! But I'm going to feel unbelievably guilty if I cop out and stay here for the donation. It's going to be the best timed donation this cycle. The second one is probably going to be a day late due to FOB's schedule.

What the hell am I supposed to do in this kind of situation?! This is when TTC with donor sperm really starts to get irritating :cry:

Well i understand your situation and as much as you want to be with Nan you have a prior commitment set months ago technically!!!! I'm sure she will understand. Idk how much your family knows but I'm sure if they know its ttc they would understand. I love my pets and i know she is going to heartboken but as time goes by it will heal. If you call her and let her know that if you could you would be there. Or go after donation. I know it's hard to plan them as I'm going thru the same thing. I wouldn't lie but you know if it's the time to tell them what ur doing or if Nan would keep quiet if you want no one else to know. Hope you figure it out. I would be frustrated too but as I always say "things will work out" GL and FX for sticky bean

I've just text FOB to ask if Monday and Wednesday are ok for donations. I do really want to be there for my Nan. I'd hate to think of her being on her own and that upset when it happens, she's coming up to 80 soon. I think Tues is when I will ovulate, so I don't think the Mon and Wed dates are too bad.

On a brighter note, grapefruit juice is brilliant for EWCM, I really recommend it to anyone who isn't already on it! :thumbup: xx

We are sitting here waiting for the first donation of the month it should be delivered in five minutes. Fingers crossed!!
DL

hii has anyone experience of getting a odd period the month before then no period the next month and ended preg? <<< im experiencing it im on day 37 no period my period is normally every 33 days.. but im going wait until day 42 to try test again but just asking ur opinions if its still possible to be prego!!

has anyone had a odd period then next month nothing ??? my last insemination was in the end of march could i gotten preg ? i need some advice!!

sorry cant help there, i always got my period give or take a day or two.

have you tested

i havent tested since i got my april af i assumed its a period but i dont know what to think now since i have not had any cramping nor sore breast.. im going to test saturday if af dont shows

Well I got my donation today, but I couldn't inseminate! He'd lost the sample pot he'd been given so he used something else. Turns out it wasn't airtight so by the time it got to me the semen had dried out :cry: It should be ok as long as I don't ovulate tomorrow. Next donation is on Wednesday and I've given him another pot which he'd better keep safe :growlmad:

Well I got my donation today, but I couldn't inseminate! He'd lost the sample pot he'd been given so he used something else. Turns out it wasn't airtight so by the time it got to me the semen had dried out :cry: It should be ok as long as I don't ovulate tomorrow. Next donation is on Wednesday and I've given him another pot which he'd better keep safe :growlmad:

Oh that's really annoying. Hope you get better luck Wed :hugs:

hi ladies!

not been on here in ages, have been feeling a little down about stuff.

i had a donation this morning so fingers crossed i will have some good news soon.

not sure about my chances. i have a horrid cold and as soon as i inseminated i couldn't stop coughing and i think most of it came out. just have to keep telling myself that it only takes one!

i got a positive opk yesterday so i don't think my illness has messed up my cycle. my temps have been a bit crazy though, 99.89 a few days ago so i don't think i will be able to 100% confirm ov this month. all other signs are good though.

any news here? who is on their 2ww or had bfp?

soon to be moms--fingers crossed! :)

TTC...ughhhh at least u can get another sample....hope he gets it right this time:)

rosie...infertility can surely get us down sometimes..most of the time...sounds like u did a good insem and like u said it only takes one!! fingers crossed this is your month!!! welcome to the 2ww, today is 10dpo for me and besides pale pink blood after a bm on 6-7dpo, i've only had a bit of cramping...AF due friday give or take a day so we will see....i'm not feeling super positive about it but i think it's cause i dont want to get upset this early....i may test Thursday but i'm going to try to wait....:winkwink:

argggh men !!!! :growlmad:

Hey daydreamer, can we ask why you didn't choose valhalla ? He seems to be genuine while we have been chatting. We're meeting him saturday so will see.

I think we discounted him because we wanted a donor who was willing to be known to the child/ren afterwards...not in any kind of Dad/relative way, just to meet up once a year so that they can put a face to the name, and in case of medical emergencies.

Hope it goes well for you :)

Hi everyone. I'm new here (well sort of, registered a while a go, but new to ttc) and I will be using a sperm donor. I haven't actually found him yet, I have a couple of options and am hoping to begin trying in July. Any advice would be much appreciated, but I'm also looking to make some friends who are in a similar position.

And for all those ladies on their 2ww sending you lots of luck and :bfp: vibes.

Good luck with finding a donor tryingfor#2!

Insem was done a little while ago so fingers crossed for cycle number 9! xx

hi ladies...needing to vent a bit...just feeling moody today...hate to be negative nancy but i think i'm out for this month..today is 10-11dpo(depending on what day i ovulated) and i'm feeling crampy, MOODY and wiping pale pink this morning, which i usually spot a few days before AF arrives so i'm thinking she may be on her way....not due to start till fri, sat or sunday lol...my cycles have been going back and forth between 27,28 and 29days..actually last month was 30...but i usually ALWAYS get +OPK 11 days after AF ends. so....i dont know what to think about CD6-7 pink on tp after bm but i have to say i'll be def disappointed when AF arrives...you all know how it is. at least we still have our same shipping donor.
thanks for letting me vent....we have kept this home insem stuff secret so noone knows we are trying...helps to have someone who understands :)

I had an early scan this afternoon.

IT'S TWINS!!!!! I cannot believe it!!! :happydance:

Don't give up, girls!! I'm still in shock!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->