Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

wish all the luck!!! i will be trying end of may to first week of june!!! waiting on pms to come..

Soontobemoms- it took my donor's sperm nearly a half hour to liquefy. This was also verified by the semen analysis I had done on it. I generally inseminated 20-40 minutes after the donation was collected. Worked for me!

I love your good luck charms ! :) :flower:

Thanks! I make them :) Borrowed Angels Sorry the witch got you!

Ruby, there's fertility braclets on my site too,like the pink one I wear, there's all sorts! :) Ive made a few people from here good luck charms! All the products are in the link at the top of the page, not just the items on the homeage!

Had my fertility clinic appointment today, it went really well!!! Updates in my journal (in my sig) and met my donor today, and meeting him again on Thursday! Because last month I oved 5 days early, had positive OPKs CD12 and 13, so today is CD 11. Good luck everyone!

I really like the fertility bracelet & would like to order one! How much does it cost in US $$. I'm not sure how the conversion works! :dohh:

Soontobemoms- it took my donor's sperm nearly a half hour to liquefy. This was also verified by the semen analysis I had done on it. I generally inseminated 20-40 minutes after the donation was collected. Worked for me!

how do you know it's liquified ??? I only waited like 10 minutes....hmmm :nope:

It goes from being thick like glue to being a bit thinner, like runny snot. Ewww...I know but there's life in that stuff! :)

I've always been of the mind that the fresher, the better.
I use Instead Cups so I'm not too afraid of it coming out before it's where it needs to be. :x

Yes the fresher the better , this is true. When we are ready we phone to our friend and in about 20 minutes we have the fresh sperm at our door, considering the time it takes to the donor to collect it ...we do think it's really fresh. We were just worried that it was too thick and the swimmers didn't swim lol. Sorry !!!! Its our first experience.
It really looks like horrible snot :wacko: but hey it will allow us to have a wonderful baby... :baby: right?

6-8ml is loads!! I usually only get 3/4ml at most!! Well my donor missed the damn pot today, to I had to put some conceive plus in the pot and mix it with what was there,so I had less that 1ml :dohh: Plus, I'm no-where near ovulation yet, so I'm gona hafta go to Belfast AGAIN on Sunday, which is inconvenient cus my sister whos 8 weeks pregnant is staying with me for a week, and gets sick on the train, and its a 2 hour journey each way :( Im getting annoyed with all this now:(

hey all, sorry to gate crash, we are meeting our potential donor for the first time at the weekend and have seen a few different 'ads' from him on different sites. He assured us he was AI only but some of the sites he states NI as well....we were wondering if anyone has had any help from him that can offer reasurance ? donor is valhalla.

thanks gem & annie

Tested yesterday & got BFN -- And then the ugly wicked :witch: arrived today!

Grrrrrrrrrr! :growlmad:

missgemmy,

My general guideline is to avoid anyone who advertises himself as NI. That's where my comfort level is. In my mind NI means he is promiscuous and thus may have more diseases which may or may not show up on current tests. So, in your situation, I would just move on to another donor. It's up to you of course. Meet in a public place for the first time if you meet him in person.

missgemmy,

My general guideline is to avoid anyone who advertises himself as NI. That's where my comfort level is. In my mind NI means he is promiscuous and thus may have more diseases which may or may not show up on current tests. So, in your situation, I would just move on to another donor. It's up to you of course. Meet in a public place for the first time if you meet him in person.

ok forgive my ignorance, but what's NI ?? :dohh:

NI is the reason why we feel more comfortable having to deal with a couple instead of a single donor. NI stands for natural insemination, it means having sex with the donor.eeewww

NI is the reason why we feel more comfortable having to deal with a couple instead of a single donor. NI stands for natural insemination, it means having sex with the donor.eeewww

ohhhh yikes ! that would be scary to me ! :nope:

hey all, sorry to gate crash, we are meeting our potential donor for the first time at the weekend and have seen a few different 'ads' from him on different sites. He assured us he was AI only but some of the sites he states NI as well....we were wondering if anyone has had any help from him that can offer reasurance ? donor is valhalla.

thanks gem & annie

Hello :wave:

Personally, i would not use a donor who is posting ads as NI. When i am searching for a donor, one of my main criteria is that they state AI only. I have encountered a few guys who say "AI only" in their ad, but then when you email them... they say NI. At that point, i stop talking to them. There are two reasons i avoid these guys, 1. More chance of STDs and 2. I don't want the "father" of my child to be a pervvy guy who looks for sex online by tricking women who are desperate to have a baby, into having sex with him. Also, one of the 1st questions i ask is always, "Why have you decided to be a donor?" It's important to me that their motivation for doing it is pure & sincere.

That's just my opinion. I know it's frustrating & challenging to find the right donor. But i think in the end, all the effort & hard work will pay off!

:hugs:

Good luck! Feel free to stick around & post more often! Where do you live?

Ruby just stole everything I was about to say :haha: Yeah when I was looking for donors I stayed well away from anyone who advertised NI.

Sorry to hear about the witch getting you by the way. You'll get there one day, we all will :hugs: xx

thanks gem & annie

I spoke with Valhalla and seriously considered him...he seems genuine, experienced and I only ever spoke about AI. Where did he mention NI??

Sorry Ruby! :hug:

Id never use anyone who advertised NI either, some people can fol you, I was talking to a guy for 2 months and he seemed sooo genuine, until 10 minutes before I was due to meet him, and he text me saying he was on his way, but woud only do it if I 'got it out of him'. I was soo angry at being drawn in by him, he was clearly after more than I thought!

Just about to text my donor, hope he's not busy on Sunday!

Thank you all for your wise words. We saw some previous posts from valhalla on female forum, but they were from 2009. We're in west yorkshire uk. - sorry message is brief using my phone. Gem & annie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->