Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

sorry Ruby that the witch rode in on her broom!!! hope your bfp is right around the corner!! :)

well, i got a +OPK today and my shipping donor (fresh not frozen) shipped via USPS and the donation won't get here till tomorrow....last time i inseminated on my +OPK day....do yall think doing AI tomorrow is still good? i know i may ovulate tomorrow or next day so it should be good, i'm just nervous..new donor and all....he said he put two samples in so i'm thinking of saving one for sunday but since the swimmers only stay good up to 48 hrs in the soln i guess i should just go ahead and insem both......this is nervewracking!!! i give those of you whove been doing it for a long time props!!!
fingers crossed this works soon:)

hey all, sorry to gate crash, we are meeting our potential donor for the first time at the weekend and have seen a few different 'ads' from him on different sites. He assured us he was AI only but some of the sites he states NI as well....we were wondering if anyone has had any help from him that can offer reasurance ? donor is valhalla.

thanks gem & annie

I spoke with Valhalla and seriously considered him...he seems genuine, experienced and I only ever spoke about AI. Where did he mention NI??

Hey daydreamer, can we ask why you didn't choose valhalla ? He seems to be genuine while we have been chatting. We're meeting him saturday so will see.

What stage are you at? Did you use ai donor? We r looking forward to starting ttc, I guess its nerves etc about finding genuine donor,. Gem & annie

both callum and this one were concieved using the same donor via AI. i was so lucky findin my donor he is a real gem.

I had an almost positive opk today, to hopefully get a pos tonight or early tomro, so meeting my donor at 3pm tomro! Good luck girls! :)

Good luck Luna... it'd be so cool if you could be bump buddies with your sister! I've just found out last night that my best friend is pregnant so I'm hoping to be bump buddies with her soon :happydance: xx

Hello, do you know that a single donor can serve up to ten recipients even at the same time ( of course there surely would be logistic problems!) of course he should abide to the number one rule of at home insemination donors : to keep track of all the recipients he's helping. There are even donors that helped more than 10 recipients during their careers. Having said that do you think you would suggest the use of your donor to other women ? We were thinking that since there's a shortage of donors here he should offer his services to other couples, we were talking about this with his wife and she was ok with this. What do you think about this idea ? DL

A lot of donors serve a lot more than 10... I was talking to a donor once who had served well over 50 and was still going. He wasn't lying either because I checked him out. I think it's really good of you to bring that up with your donor though :thumbup: As long as you're comfortable with it that is. Good luck! :hugs: xx

Good luck Luna... it'd be so cool if you could be bump buddies with your sister! I've just found out last night that my best friend is pregnant so I'm hoping to be bump buddies with her soon :happydance: xx

that would be awesome ! yeah my 19 yr old niece is PG now, due in Nov. so I would be buddies with her....

I feel like everyone i know is pregnant right now... we would have lots of bumb buddies!

I keep tormenting myself looking at baby stuff online.......

I want to go on a preparing-for-baby shopping spree!!!!!

I'm with you on that Ruby. In the last few days there's been 5 pregnancies announced by friends of mine. It's crazy! xx

aww.. keep ur heads up we all will be next... baby dust to all.. will be trying in 1st week of june!!!

Luna....good luck!! :) baby dust!!!

ruby...yep i know several pregnant ladies too and we just got another newborn foster baby and i went to target today and ran into some younger prego girls in the diaper section registering for their showers and they had to look at the baby and talk about how excited they are to be prego and they cant wait to have one, blah blah blah lol....i told them he was my foster baby and i think they felt bad for going on and on....i enjoy buying the baby goodies too:) or just looking at them;)

afm...pos opk on friday and my shipped sperm arrived sat morning..after many laughable obstacles i inseminated and am now in my 2ww with fingers crossed....ok question...sorry if this is tmi..........i drew the semen up in syringe and had an orgasm then inseminated slowly then another orgasm but i left the syringe in the whole 30 mins with hips elevated...when i pulled the syringe out there seemed to be ALOT of semen in the syringe..like it was between the syringe and plunger....it was two samples put together 7.5ml so i know i would have alot of excess but it seemed alot to backflow around the bottom of the syringe like that...what do yall think? wondering if i was too close to cervix and it splashed back? it was 10ml syringe and i just pushed it in as far as i could while still being able to push plunger and be comfortable....ahhhhhhh it's just nervewracking!!!
anyhoo, all day today i've felt a sorta pulling/cramping sensation on right ovary area...kinda hurts when i cough lol mightve pulled something with all the maneuvering to get my hips high on three pillows LOL

i have fingers crossed and praying for us all to get our bfp's soon! :thumbup:

Faith babies... I'd love to hear more about your journey as a foster mom. How did you get started? How do you deal with becoming so attached to children who may go on to different homes? Is it really time consuming keeping up with all the social worker appointments?

I'd really like to adopt someday - although we are a military family so there are extra complications.

Nimyra...well, my hubby and i married six years ago..started trying on honeymoon to have a baby, after a year of no baby we got tested and found out he has a syndrome called Klinefelter's...we thought we'd never be able to get prego(at that point in time) and we were thinking of other ways to have kids if fertility treatment didnt work...cant afford private adoption, and we know someone who got her son at birth from foster care and adopted...he's terrific and her only child...we decided we would love to be foster parents and hopefully adopt if we were lucky from foster care.....we had to take some classes and home inspections, etc ...our first placement was a six month old baby girl...we adopted her last november and she is 2 1/2 now:) we are in process of adopting another baby girl now, she is one.....we love doing it and feel God called us to do this and feel blessed with what we have, but i still have faith i'll have at least one successful pregnancy:) We love each baby as if he/she was our own child, as sometimes we dont know for awhile if they will be adopted, if family will step forward, or if there will be reunification with parents, but either way we pray and give it to God...we feel He puts them in our home for a reason and takes them away for a reason as well...it hurts to let them go but we dont regret it, as having them is such a huge blessing and they each have taught us so much:) so basically, our faith gets us thru each obstacle/heartache. :winkwink:
I am a stay at home mom/nurse so i have the flexible schedule to make appts, but there really isnt many...for the newborns of course there is the initial doctor visits, but not too many....the workers dont come by too frequently and they always try to be flexible....the hardest thing is the infants sometimes have visitation with bio parents once /week and that can be hard...i have to take baby boy to see his parents next week and it's a 45min drive...but it's no biggie because i have family in that town i can visit.....child protective services try to be helpful and work with us for the most part:) but i want a newborn i dont have to give up ;)

hope this helped a bit...feel free to ask me anything!! :thumbup:

Heya!

Sorry I've been rather absent lately..things have been a bit (!) hectic.
Was just wondering if anyone had any stats for the success rates of AI with lesbian couples and general NI amongst hetero couples...?? Don't event know where to start looking...

X

Sorry, I can't help you there day_dreamer :dohh:

I was just wondering if anyone here had any other methods for thinning out EWCM. Mine has always been VERY thick and I've just realised it could come under the "hostile" cervical mucus category. It would definitely explain why I've never conceived before considering I'm a young, healthy woman.

I've ordered some EPO and plan to take two a day, morning and night. The caps are 1000mg each so I'll be getting 2000mg per day. I know I'm a bit late with starting on them because I've read you're supposed to take them between CD1 and Ov. By the time they get delivered I'll probably be around CD10... I usually ovulate between CD15 and CD18. But it can't hurt right? I'll also be picking up some grapefruit juice too as I've read that can help with fertile CM. I'll go back to using Pre-Seed too this cycle.

Do you all think that will cover the thick EWCM issue or is there anything else? I've looked into the whole Robitussin/Mucinex/Cough Medicine thing but won't get into that for another cycle or two yet I think.

Hope everyone's doing ok!! :thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->