Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Wow, luna, congrats!! Hope this one is a sticky bean! Am so pleased for you!

Thanks for all the congratulations everyone, i still can't believe it. Trying to figure out how we'll all it in with sleeping arrangements, etc Might need to buy a new car! Eeek! Still in total shock! I prayed for a miracle and got TWO! I feel so blessed!

Good luck to all those in their 2ww x

Luna, Awesome digi! I'm sending good sticky bean thoughts your way!!!

Mechanica - WOW! Huge congratulations - double the love!

Luna - I truly hope this is your forever baby. Keeping everything crossed for you!

Awesome digi! Fingers crossed Luna!

Ruby-sorry this cycle didn't happen and I'm REALLY sorry about your job. How stressful!! I hope the fostering works out. Please keep us posted!

congrats Luna !! I'm so happy for you ! I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way that this one is sticky !! :flower:

Hello ladies! I just wanted to say.........well, my signature says it all! ^_^

we are excited beyond words.
Three cycles with clomid, four cycles with our awesome sperm donor, and first cycle using real egg whites.

My hcg levels at 13dpo were only 33 and my doctor's secretary scared me by saying it's low, but researching the numbers shows that to be totally normal! The doctor calls "barely pregnant" and just wants to do another blood test Wednesday to make sure it's all multiplying well, but I have no doubt in my mind. My bbs are getting more tender by the day, I'm super tired, bloated, and I have done subsequent POAS tests and the lines just keep getting darker.
Ecstatic doesn't even describe it!

Woo! Congrats! Ur only 2 days ahead of me! I'm hopefully getting bloods done tomro!!!

Big Congrats Kcupcake!! 33 is fine for 13 dpo. I don't remember what mine was, I'd have to look it up but I think it was 59 at 13 dpo. Keep us posted!

Hope bloods go well Luna! Let us know!

Congrats Kcupcake!!! fingers crossed for super sticky bean and great numbers!! :) :) :happydance:

I swear this thread is super fertile right now... congratulations Cupcake!! :happydance: xx

holy smokes, yes it is quite fertile !! Hope I will catch your fx'd !!

Congrats CUPCAKE !!!!! so exciting !
:yipee::yipee::yipee:

Thank you ladies!!
Like everyone, I think, I'm petrified of the worst turnouts...but I am keeping it in the back of my mind. I /think/ I had a super early miscarriage when I was about 18 (completely unplanned, of course...) so hopefully I'm out of that whole "first pregnancy" risk.
But it really seems like this month has been really good to a lot of us. It's all super exciting! I am really happy to see that I'll be progressing along with other ladies who used the same methods to get pregnant.

And as for the bfns this month..... :hug:
don't worry; your time WILL come! Honestly, with all the stress I had the beginning of the month with my donor being stuck in another state and being convinced I would definitely not conceive this try, I figured I had no shot from the combination of stress and negative thinking. I felt like I was going to get AF; actually, I recall mentioning it a few times to DF, saying I think I'm about to get it, and checking to make sure I had tampons at the ready at home and in my purse.
I didn't have symptoms from 2dpo. I didn't feel like this was the month. I almost missed my chance. My donor was home for three days, and it happened to just be the three days before ovulation. And then, I was afraid that I had mistimed ovulation, as my CM and CP were different this month.

I had pretty much given up hope and was resigned to believing that there was a good chance it would just never happen for me. Really. I sort of thought I was doomed or cursed, or maybe the fates just knew I wouldn't be as great a mother as I thought I'd be.
Now I realize it was super silly.

Best of luck to all of you, and a happy & healthy 8-9 months ahead for the bfps! <33

Haven't been here for a little while and so glad to come back to such lovely news - congratulations to all those who are finally expecting!!!

As for us, I'm a bit stressed... We've had some lovely news recently, but it means we have to move very soon. We have no idea when it'll be so I feel slight added stress to conceive before we leave as we'll be too far away from our donor :(

However, we had a lovely holiday... I had a fantastic birthday and have fingers crossed for our next donation xxxx

Where do you girls usually do your inseminations??

I'm asking cos I work 2-10 and my donor works 9-5 so the only available time is looking like my break...half an hour around 6pm. But that would mean doing it in the car or work toilets...and I don't even have any instead cups cos stupid city link won't deliver to my house and if I order from amazon I can't guarantee that royal mail will bring it (they deliver fine)

*Worried*

I've always done my insems at home, but couldn't you use a cheap hotel room to do it in? Just so you've got a bed to lie back on and some privacy. I know it's spending a lot of money for just half an hour but it's all I can think of without the softcups. The cups are obviously going to be your best bet if you don't have the luxury of time.

Good luck and tons of baby dust! :hugs: xx

We live an hour away from work/our donor, so home is a no-go. A hotel room isn't possible either, due to time and money restrictions. There's pretty much only me and OH on the late shift at work so I could easily lay on the back seat of the car if needed. Not ideal at all though. :( wish i could get some instead cups from an actual shop!!

Do Boots sell them? I've never bothered looking :blush:

I suppose the car would be an ok idea if you were in a secluded spot. At least then you'd be able to lie down for the right amount of time.

I really hope it all works out for you! :hugs: xx

Haha I haven't actually looked at Boots...can't find it on their website but can't look.properly cos I'm at work lol

Can you imagine me on the back seat of my car?? Lmao The things we do ay??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->