Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I know, TTC is crazy enough, never mind all of this insemination stuff on top :haha: xx

I think some people hav used their cars! Cud u not do it b4 work maybe,or late at nite?

Had a scan and bloods done at EPU 2day cuz I had quite bad pains last nite and this morning,and saw a wee sac! And betas were 889! Having 2nd set of bloods and another scan on Sat to check growth!

Attachments

• 2011-06-02 12.16.09.jpg
    2011-06-02 12.16.09.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 10
Eeeeeeeee I love that scan picture so much! Can only imagine what it means to you :cloud9:

Even before or after work I'd be in the car, would have a little more time to lie around though, haha! Can't believe I might finally be leaving the WTT club and joining you TTC girls...I've been hanging around for months lol

Luna! That is awesome!! I think this may be it for you! Great pic and beta number! Good vibes for increases!

Haha I haven't actually looked at Boots...can't find it on their website but can't look.properly cos I'm at work lol

Can you imagine me on the back seat of my car?? Lmao The things we do ay??

sorry just looking thro this thread. .... cant u get someone in the uk to buy them and them to u ? x

Haha I haven't actually looked at Boots...can't find it on their website but can't look.properly cos I'm at work lol
sorry just looking thro this thread. .... cant u get someone in the uk to buy them and them to u ? x

I'm in the UK...just have problems with couriers finding my house and nobody I know nearby is in at the delivery time!

No all the people I know around here (not many!) are out tomorrow. I risked it anyway and placed my order and its not coming with CityLink anyway woohoo. Hopefully it'll get here!

HOWEVER, think I've lost my donor. :( we were supposed to meet Sunday, the donate mon and tue. But he's busy all weekend so I decided I don't mind if we don't meet properly...ive been emailing him for 6 months, and to go ahead with donations Mon + Tue. BUT if I'm not meeting him before then he has no pots. and might be happy sprawling on the back seat of my car but he can't fill his pot in the work toilets.and I can't afford a hotel. Plus I've now got an interview all morning on Tuesday, and always work 2-10 so will never have anywhere for him to do his thing. *cries*

and not even a hint of a backup cos nobody lives anywhere near :(

dammit. bugger and drat. *cries*

Just did my 2nd cycle of insem, 1st day. How long do you usually wait for it to liquify ? it just doesnt seem like very much spermies in that big cup ?! lol
today i waited probably 10-15 minutes. I will be buying pre-seed to use with my 2nd day insem on sunday, I just didnt have time to buy it for today's insem.

:wacko: sometimes all this planning makes me go crazy !! hopefully it will all be worth it when i have a little person in my arms :)

No all the people I know around here (not many!) are out tomorrow. I risked it anyway and placed my order and its not coming with CityLink anyway woohoo. Hopefully it'll get here!

HOWEVER, think I've lost my donor. :( we were supposed to meet Sunday, the donate mon and tue. But he's busy all weekend so I decided I don't mind if we don't meet properly...ive been emailing him for 6 months, and to go ahead with donations Mon + Tue. BUT if I'm not meeting him before then he has no pots. and might be happy sprawling on the back seat of my car but he can't fill his pot in the work toilets.and I can't afford a hotel. Plus I've now got an interview all morning on Tuesday, and always work 2-10 so will never have anywhere for him to do his thing. *cries*

and not even a hint of a backup cos nobody lives anywhere near :(

dammit. bugger and drat. *cries*

I'm so sorry day dreamer.... :growlmad: how frustrating ! hang in there.. :flower:

Right. So, I need to work out if we can afford it...its not looking good though as we pay over £300 a month just on petrol, so £38 for 2 days hotels would wipe out our food budget :( Plus we have 10hours of jobs to do round the house for our landlady, on top of our actual job, and would have to leave before 11 to meet him for 12 so that wouldn't give us time to do them ...and it'd also mean leaving our dogs for over 12 hours which is just mean :(

I don't know, I don't know I don't knooooow.

If it was just me then I'd probably do it, but I have to drag OH around with me too as she has no other way of getting to work...and she has to do jobs round the house too. I just keep thinking that however expensive and inconvenient it is, if it works its worth it. BUT, I still can't afford the money or time :(

I don't want to be out before I've even started :( why the hell did we have to move??? Our flat was perfect!!

I hope you work something out day dreamer :hugs:

Yay for your first insem this month dodgegirl! For me it always took about 15 minutes for it to liquify (sp?). Are you having anymore donations this cycle and when do you ov?

10dpo and yesterday I felt AWFUL! All day migraine, coupled with nausea and vomiting. Today that's all gone thankfully, just been left with globs of yellow EWCM that I don't usually get until two days before AF (she's not due for another week). Oh and a skin breakout xx

Ooo that sounds promising TTC Sept 2010.

I just got an email from our donor saying that 10pm is too late, sorry...so that's us out for the foreseeable future :'( didn't even get to try once! :'( and the irony is that my instead cups arrived this afternoon :'(

Good luck everyone x

I'm an SMC (single mother by choice), I couldn't get in with a new doctor in time, so I decided to do it at home.

Two "shots" yesterday. Unfortunately my peak day was Saturday but I was out of town--but I'm pretty sure yesterday was O so the timing should be right, so long as my CM held out.

It was SOOoooo much better than the one IUI I did in the clinic! Turned out I had a horrid doctor and the whole dealing with REs and their constant demands for money or pushing of drugs has been stressful for me from the beginning.

It wasn't much cheaper, since I couldn't get the sperm from the cheaper clinic in time, and there was shipping and tank rental.

But I was able to do it on a Sunday, on my schedule not the RE's.

We'll see. I'm 41, healthy, doing acupuncture and on a fertility-promoting diet. This month my ovulation was earlier than in past months--which is good, seems I'm moving to a longer luteal phase and closer-to-14-day follicular phase every month. So to the REs who say you can't change any of that (yes, the jackass that did my IUI said there is nothing an older woman can do herself to increase her fertility), that's hooey.

Now I guess I just wait. This wait even much less stressful. I was just trying this and felt like it was a "trial run"--an expensive one, but how else can you learn how to do it but to try?

Oh, for the second insemination I made sure to orgasm with a vibrator and swear it felt like my uterus was "sucking up" the sperm. Could be just powerful imagery but from now on if I do it at home, I'm going to make sure to have the vibrator nearby. I forgot for the first insemination, and chose to stay prone over going to get the vibrator.

I hope you work something out day dreamer :hugs:

Yay for your first insem this month dodgegirl! For me it always took about 15 minutes for it to liquify (sp?). Are you having anymore donations this cycle and when do you ov?

10dpo and yesterday I felt AWFUL! All day migraine, coupled with nausea and vomiting. Today that's all gone thankfully, just been left with globs of yellow EWCM that I don't usually get until two days before AF (she's not due for another week). Oh and a skin breakout xx

Gotta love those skin breakouts ! YUK.

Had my 2nd donation insem yesterday, and yesterday was CD 17. Not sure which day I actually OV b/c I didnt buy the OPK as I didnt want to spend the $$ on the CBFM that I bought last month. I figured if I did 2 insems around my OV time, it should be good since the spermies can live for 5 days...

Not much time to stress about my 2ww b/c of all the house stuff going on and trying to find a roommate too. So hopefully 2 ww will go by quick !!

Gotta run have a great day everyone !! :flower:

Woo Hoo Luna! You must be excited! Things are looking promising for you this time. I'm excited for you. FYI, I moved out from my ex and had a successful pregnancy a month later. Something to be said for removing ourselves from stressful situations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->