Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I'm thinking thats what did it! That and my 6 month break!! with he rout of my life for 4 of the months :rofl:

Hey!! :)

That's exactly what we're doing, looking for a sperm donor for at home insemination :)

What are the success rates of AI at home though?

Welcome :thumbup: As far as I know you're just as likely to conceive via at home insemination as you would be if you were trying naturally. I could be wrong though, I don't know much on the subject :blush: Good luck! xx

Also, just looked at your Ovulation chart and I don't understand anything.

I've been trying to work them out since last night but I just don't get it!

How do I get one? Haha!

sorry to sound so dumb ... :blush:

You can sign up to the Fertility Friend website, that's the one most people prefer.

You just take your temp (using a digital basal thermometer, can find them on eBay) every morning at the same time straight after waking, before you've even gotten out of bed. It's all about the resting temp. Then you just input each days temp into FF and it plots your chart for you. About halfway through your cycle (give or take a couple of days) you should get a rise in your temps which indicates that ovulation happened the previous day. They won't drop again until your period is about to arrive. That's it in a nutshell anyway... the basic stuff.

Sorry if I told you a load of stuff you already know :haha: xx

Nope, didn't know any of that, haha! Thanks :)

So, I need to get one of those and then start charting it!

So, if the temp goes up after ovulation, how do I know when to do the insemination?

Gosh, I feel so stupid .. haha :blush:

You can either check your cervical mucus or you can buy some ovulation tests. Checking cervical mucus is easy but it freaks some people out if they're squeamish. Basically you can either check the toilet paper after you wipe to see what's on there or you can check internally by sticking a finger up there and looking at what you've got when you take it back out again. LOL I sound so graceful :haha:

Dry/Sticky - not fertile
Stretchy, clear (looks like a raw egg white) - very fertile - you should see this the couple of days before and maybe day of ovulation itself
Creamy - you might see this before and/or after ovulation. I don't think it's very fertile

Ovulation tests are just the same concept as pregnancy tests really. Pee on them and see if it turns up negative or positive :haha:

If that makes any sense to you, then you deserve a medal! I'm sure the other girls on here will be able to explain it better than me :thumbup: xx

EmmaRhiannon,

Pick up a copy of What to Expect Before You're Expecting. There are lots of details about how to track ovulation using different methods. The easiest way is by using ovulation test strips which you pee on once or twice a day during your fertile period (starting 8 days or so after you period started last).

Tracking ovulation using basal body temperature requires keeping track for a few months to notice the pattern. Usually ovulation occurs a day or so BEFORE the temperature spike. There are lots of details in the book along with example charts.

At Home Insemination with fresh sperm is just as likely to get you pregnant as the old fashioned way. roughly 15-30% chance of success per month of trying assuming you have your ovulation predicted accurately. Higher chance if you are younger, lower if you are older.

Good luck and welcome to the board!

Thank you, you both really helped!
I think I'm getting it ;)

I'm going to search for a copy of that book and have a read :)

I think the peeing on the stick method will work best for me, less complex haa!
Though I would like to attempt the charts etc aswell LOL

yes, that book is awesome !! I've read it cover to cover, and then again and again in certain parts !! It doesnt really touch on any at home insem stuff, but that's what we are here for !!! :) stick around and you'll learn a lot like I have !!

good luck in finding a donor :thumbup: :flower:

Another good book is The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy, and Birth by Stephanie Brill. It has a nice section on at home insemination and is a great book whether gay or straight. Here is the link on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Essential-Gu...n-Pregnancy/dp/1555839401/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2

Good Luck!

Hey everyone,

I hope you don't mind me joining you here.

We are a lesbian couple and getting assistance from a wonderful sperm donor. We have been trying for 2 months now and of course hoping for a quick success!

This month he came over on CD 15 - 17 - 18. He does his magic ;) in the bedroom and leaves right after. We use an instead cup to keep the sperm up there longer.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

:flower: welcome emma and summer!!! look forward to following u ladies!

sorry dont have alot of time right now but ive been MIA due to some family situations...our third shipped donation should arrive this friday so let's keep our fingers crossed:) i never seem to have much cervical mucus(ever) lol so i know u can take mucinex or grapefruit juice to help...so what do yall recommend or what worked for u and how much? i plan on googling it but just wanted to check with my "girls" first ;)

Luna...i love seeing your Beta numbers!! so so happy for you...you deserve this sticky bean so much and i'll cont to pray you will be holding him/her in 9 months time:) :)

everyone else...fingers crossed for you all and will catch up with yall soon:)

Oh, thanks for info about the other book too!

Hey, everyone!
Looking forward to sharing our journey with you and following your journeys too :)
It's an exciting time!! :happydance:

:dust: to you all!! hope everything all works out okay!!

Argh, AF came a day earlier than expected. I guess I'm moving onto cycle #10!

By the way, if any of you ladies know much about charting, do you know if something may be going wrong somewhere? Because at about 10/11dpo every cycle, my temp starts dropping and doesn't stop until AF is here. Surely they should stay higher for a lot longer than that?? Could that affect any possible implantation that may be trying to happen...? I only noticed it a couple of days ago because my drop was a lot steeper than usual... xx

Mine always used to start to slowly drop around then. Implantation should have happened by then so i dont think you need to worry too much.

Hi Tegans mama,

That is exactly what I've done this month, a friend has donated, I inseminated at home. Now I'm feeling a bit random :(

TTCSept2010-- sorry that AF arrived! :( i dont chart so i cant help ya there but fingers crossed for you bfp soon!! :hugs:

ok ladies i did find out the info i needed on mucinex and grapefruit juice for CM so i started that yesterday and due to get pos opk tomorrow...if i have to do another cycle i'll start my mucinex and juice earlier....anyway i have another question....last month when i did my home insem, i used 10ml syringe to inseminate...ok TMI but i pushed it as far as i could while still being able to push plunger and also far enough that i didnt feel any pain..i pushed very slowly and left the syringe up there the whole 30 mins....when i pulled it out there was ALOT of semen in the bottom of the syringe, almost like it pushed out and came up the back side of the syringe....does this sound ok? i was hoping i wasnt so close to the cervix that it all bounced off and didnt work because of that???ughhh sorry but i'm just hoping i'm doing it right.....

I just want to wish everyone luck with their conceptions and pregnancies. My beautiful baby girl, Anberlin, conceived via sperm donor, was born 5 weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->