Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

congrats brandi! what a cutie! :)

afm...my donor couldnt ship this month so i'm wasting away a great cycle lol with my first month of CM that i can actually see on my underwear due to mucinex and grapefruit juice haha :) ah well there is always next month :)

Urgh faithbabies, I know what you mean. Why does donor sperm/insemination have to be so sodding difficult?! I can always guarantee that my most fertile days will fall on times where I'm bound to be busy. This month - I'm moving to a new town, right on the day before and day of ovulation. Typical. I'm hoping to get donations on the 20th and 22nd, and I should ovulate on either the 23rd or 24th. So it's not too bad, but it could still be better. Plus I've started EPO this cycle and I'm really hoping it doesn't delay the egg and mess up the timing... can you tell I'm frustrated?! :haha: xx

Thanks Faith :) I had a scare 2 days ago,alot of bright red blood,had a scan expecting the worst,but there there was a yolk sac and fetal pole! Updates in my journal!

I moved house 2 days ago 2,Im so stressed!

I usually use EPO,but this cycle I used Concieve Plus,duno if it made a difference,but thats the only thing I changed and baby seems to be sticking! Ive never saw even a sac with my previous 6 pregnancies!

Hi we are doing at home insemination with doner sperm. Hoping to start trying this month. Just read that although checking ovulation dates is a good and useful way to plan it's also incredibly stressful and can make it harder to get pregnant. The site said to get sperm in there (to put it bluntly :)) as often as possible.
Just wondered what you think

Sarah - that is actually a good idea, I'd never even thought of that before. I know a lot of the ladies on here use anon donors, or they have issues with distance but I'm trying with a good friend who is available pretty much all of the time. The only problem is, I'm moving to a different town and it's going to be a few months before he joins me so we won't be able to take that on board for a while yet... that's if we don't get that elusive BFP this time around. It's got me thinking though... :haha: xx

My at-home insemination took on the first shot.

My best advice is to learn your cycles very well and learn your ovulation signs well too. Mine were increased discharge and pain every 13th day of my cycle. My donor and I inseminated on day 12. When I inseminated, I left the syringe in for half an hour as a "plug" and lifted my hips on 4 pillows. Afterwards, I left a pad on for another 2 hours, and then I showered. I know it seems kind of gross to leave it that long, but it worked. I got my BFP 11dpo and my daughter was born 7 days late on May 4, 2011.

Id advise tracking ovulatin too,unless you have a donor who is available all the time. This pregnancy I inseminated 3 times leading up to ov but it also worked when I only had one insemination. This pregnancy is the only one Ive saw a yolk sac and fetal pole with and hopefully heartbeat on tuesday

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so though I'd introduce myself.

My partner and I have just had our first cycle of home insem. We live in a remote part of Australia and our generous donor is in NSW so I'm off on a 4 hours plane trip every month until I get pregnant. Unfortunately same sex couples can't access fertility clinics in my state. So home insem is our only choice.

Our first insem attempt was such a rollercoaster. My partner came down with me, although we won't be able to afford to do this every month, we both really wanted her to be there for the first time. Our donor is lovely - he's an old friend I'd lost touch with - yay for Facebook messaging! We stayed at a hotel near his house and he came over to the hotel, we went for a walk to give him some privacy, and he texted us when he was done. The first time we came back to see he'd left the little specimen jar on it's own little pillow. It was like a precious jewel (Which I guess it is, in it's own way).

The actual insem attempts were kind of hilarious. Me with my hips in the air and my partner inserts the syringe. It all seems to be working and we both relax a little bit and smile in relief. And that's when it all comes running out of me again and my partner is kind of mopping it up with her fingers and I'm frozen in place desperate not to make the situation worse and it's all so horribly ridiculous.

Sigh.

But we're getting the hang of it, I suppose. Chalk it all down to experience and just keep going. Hello and good luck to all you special women. I'm sending you all some baby dust from tropical Australia.

My partner and I have just had our first cycle of home insem. We live in a remote part of Australia and our generous donor is in NSW so I'm off on a 4 hours plane trip every month until I get pregnant. Unfortunately same sex couples can't access fertility clinics in my state. So home insem is our only choice.

Our first insem attempt was such a rollercoaster. My partner came down with me, although we won't be able to afford to do this every month, we both really wanted her to be there for the first time. Our donor is lovely - he's an old friend I'd lost touch with - yay for Facebook messaging! We stayed at a hotel near his house and he came over to the hotel, we went for a walk to give him some privacy, and he texted us when he was done. The first time we came back to see he'd left the little specimen jar on it's own little pillow. It was like a precious jewel (Which I guess it is, in it's own way).

The actual insem attempts were kind of hilarious. Me with my hips in the air and my partner inserts the syringe. It all seems to be working and we both relax a little bit and smile in relief. And that's when it all comes running out of me again and my partner is kind of mopping it up with her fingers and I'm frozen in place desperate not to make the situation worse and it's all so horribly ridiculous.

Sigh.

But we're getting the hang of it, I suppose. Chalk it all down to experience and just keep going. Hello and good luck to all you special women. I'm sending you all some baby dust from tropical Australia.

Welcome ! Ever consider using softcups? They are great, that way the sperm doesnt come running out :) check it out on www.softcups.com you may have to order it online if you are in a remote area, as not all countries or stores carry them.

we have a softcup thread on here too, check it out:
https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/173508-softcups.html

good luck and keep us updated ! :thumbup:

Thanks dodgegirl. I already use a diva cup for my period so I've been considering trying that. The only this is (and I'm sorry if this is TMI) our donor is pretty 'generous' with his sperm samples and I'm not sure I'd be able to put a cup in without spilling it. I'll check out the soft cup thread and see what people say.

Oh, if I were to use that method of having donations a couple of times a week I'd definitely still keep track of ovulation. I'd feel completely useless if I didn't :haha: But I wouldn't be able to do that for a while yet anyway if I were to take it on seeing as me and FOB will be in different counties for a couple of months, maybe even longer, we don't know.

I think it's amazing when women get pregnant with only one insemination per month, they're so lucky! :haha: I always aim for at least two per cycle, but usually I end up with just the one :dohh:

Luna, I love how I hardly know you, yet I'm so excited for you! :rofl: Good luck with hearing the heartbeat tomorrow :hugs: Actually, I might start stalking your journal :blush: xx

My journal is like Eastenders at the minute! Lol. I should pitch it to channel 4 for a documentary! Im just hoping the baby is a fighter after all this drama

has any one got pregnant by putting the donation in the instead cup and then inserting it xxx

This is a totally late message.... but we were staying off the message boards after our BFN the 1st week in May. We are back because we got a BFP this morning and have set up an appointment this evening to get a more accurate result. We have been trying for so long it is just what we need to do, although I have been feeling "pregnant" for about 2 weeks.

Anyway, I jumped in here to say, we started using the Instead Cups after reading all these posts in early April. We always insert sperm in cup, then insert cup. It is such an easy and "unmessy" method and we have tried different methods. We left this cup in for 8 hrs. Before we have left in for 6, 8, and 12. The donor after the 1st attempt, put the donation right into the cup. I layed there for an hour (actually fell asleep elevated) then went about the evening regularly, went to the gym, cooked dinner, helped with homework, ate, showered, took it out and went to bed. Good Luck ladies...

hey everyone, i want to start a group for gay mums n dads or who are ttc or pregnant, me and my wife are expecting our first child married jsut wondering how it all works out with registering the birth? xx

Congratulations Ladies!!!

I do not know, as we are in the U.S. and of course the laws are very different here. But I wanted to send major congrats!! We may be in the same boat.... We are going to get the doctor to give a test this evening to be sure!

Woo! Congrats! Ur only 2 days ahead of me! I'm hopefully getting bloods done tomro!!!

Congrats Luna!!

I am right behind you two if all goes well this evening. I will be getting my blood tests! 5 weeks!!!

Hey everyone,

I hope you don't mind me joining you here.

We are a lesbian couple and getting assistance from a wonderful sperm donor. We have been trying for 2 months now and of course hoping for a quick success!

Welcome!!

My wife and I are here as well. This forum has been a blessing so enjoy and welcome to the ride of BnB! Good Luck and Baby dust :dust:

Welcome!!!

I am sending some serious baby dust your way! I also have to mention that I used the soft cups each time after joining BnB! They work wonders and I know 3 other couples that have conceived using them. Our donor uses the cup directly.
:dust:

Congrats! How long were you ttc?

My Wife and I have been TTC for over a year. We have been together for a total of 14 years and married for a little over 1.

We first tried with the clinic method with an anonymous donor but the cost of the failed attempts weighs heavy. So we started back using a known donor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->