Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

soooo this is 10dpo.....I don't think it's quite a :bfp: I'm due for af this wed...I think I'll wait and re-test then...fingers crossed....:test:

Attachments

• 2011-08-29 16.31.53.jpg
    2011-08-29 16.31.53.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 17
It looks like a BFP to me!! :happydance: As long as the line has colour to it, and isn't grey then it's a real line!! Congrats xx

...its a pink line...just faint....I'm too nervous..and excited...I don't want to get too excited for nothing....LOL

Crossing my fingers for you!! It looks like a BFP bit give it another shot and test again tomorrow!

Sooo, stupid question time ladies...

Based on my average cycle, FF predicts ovulation on Fri/Sat. If I took an OPK on Thursday evening would it still show 2 lines or will I have missed it?

I'm going home on thursday and all my OPKs are there so can't take before then. This could be my last 'wasted' ovulation before hopefully starting TTC end of Sept.

Of course if I'm due for another 25 day cycle (stupid body grr) I'll ov tomorrow-ish so it won't matter but I thought I'd ask.

If you ovulated on Friday, then you should probably have had a positive OPK on the Thursday... but I'm no expert on OPK's. My knowledge stretches to "I get a smiley face and I ovulate the next day" LOL :dohh: xx

dmfamily - that looks like a definite BFP to me! I think mine was even fainter than that at 10dpo!! :happydance::happydance:

babymakestwo - It's possible you might miss it if you take the test Thurs eve. You ovulate 12-36 hours after a +opk so its cutting it very fine.

Afm, sorry i've not been in much, i just feel exhausted and enormous LOL and i still can't believe i'm pregnant. Not sure when it will sink in!!

GL to those in their 2ww!

dmfamily - that looks like a definite BFP to me! I think mine was even fainter than that at 10dpo!! :happydance::happydance:

babymakestwo - It's possible you might miss it if you take the test Thurs eve. You ovulate 12-36 hours after a +opk so its cutting it very fine.

Afm, sorry i've not been in much, i just feel exhausted and enormous LOL and i still can't believe i'm pregnant. Not sure when it will sink in!!

GL to those in their 2ww!

Wow twins it will sink in soon as they arrive..

And that photo photo really looks like a BFP...yay..

Holding out for Friday to test... Praying for a BFP so I can rub my belly like beyonce did on the VMA's

dmfamily -- That definitely looks like a :bfp: to me!!!! :wohoo: Congrats!!!!!

I hope to see lots more BFPs around here!!!!!!

We wont be testing until AF is late (IF it's late!)..... we have wasted so much money over the past 2 years on HPTs & then always seem to get AF the very next day! I'm sick of playing games with that ugly :witch:! :haha:

dmfamily-That is definitely a BFP!!!

Babymakestwo: you may still get a positive OPK on Thursday but the problem with that is that you won't know when it first became positive and your egg could already be on it's way out and you wouldn't know it. You can get a positive OPK for 2-3 days in a row but the only one that really matters is the first one, hence why it is so important to test at least twice a day from about CD 10 and on until you get the first positive. From the first positive, you should ovulate in 12-36 hours. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Thats much darker than mine now!! I tested again this morning because my lines are so faint i really will feel better seeing a dark line and my line this morning at 12DPO is way fainter than yours!!! I did a digi today and it said pregnant even though my lines are faint so if i was you i would go get a tesco digi and im sure it will say pregnant. Ive found it hard to believe but seeing it on the digi for some reason actually made me believe it!! Congrats on your lovely fat BFP!!!!! x

mechanica - Good to see you back on here, do you know what you're having yet? :flower:

Ruby - You have the patience of a saint, I'm counting my way down to 10dpo so I can crack open the tests! :dohh:

2dpo and I actually can't wait to get into work in a couple of hours because the obsessing is driving me insane!! :wacko: xx

Hi all.

Sorry i've been MIA for a while, things have been rather hetic! SO congrates all on your BFP's hopefully there's a trend starting!!

AFM - we had our 20 weeks scan last week, everything was fantastic and i'm so overjoyed to say we're having a baby BOY!!!!

And here he is!!

Attachments

• 298926_10150771911355227_827910226_20381551_5271501_s.jpg
    298926_10150771911355227_827910226_20381551_5271501_s.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 72
Gorgeous scan pic Kezza :hugs:

dmfamily, congratulations, great news :happydance:

I've just met my donor. We chatted for a while, he told me he can donate on thursday and saturday of this week (CD14 and CD16) and it was all going very well. BUT, when I let him out, he said something like 'would you mind if I' and then lent forward and gave me a kiss on the cheek!!!!! WHY??? LOL It was all going quite well until that point and that has kind of unnerved me. Am I reading too much into it? Is this 'normal'?

Hi Kezza... Hi mechanica :hi:

Lovely scan pic!!!!!!! :blue:

TTC SEPT....... i am excruciatingly impatient, lol...... but i hate wasting money on tests, and i hate being crushed by that one lonely pink line... breaks my heart everytime! :growlmad:

Well, on thinking about it, and discussion with my big sis, I'm thinking that peck on the cheek was just a 'nice' way of saying goodbye, it just caught me really off guard.

Having said that, I've just got home and recieved an e-mail from him which has put doubt in my mind again. I told him what I was looking for at the very start, no contact until child is 18 and may want to contact him and yearly photo's but his wording in the e-mail is just making me think twice. Lot to think about over the next 24 hours!

Lovely scan pic Kezza!

I was actually wondering about at home insems and the sex of the babies that result from it not long ago... is it true that we're more likely to conceive boys because of the timing of our donations, or is it all a load of bull?

c.30 - I don't really know what to say about the kiss on the cheek thing, but yeah, I'd probably say it was just him being overly friendly. Maybe mention it to him and say you're not comfortable with that kind of thing? But if you're really not happy with him, then I'd say don't go through with it. But that's just me, I think everyone on here has different opinions on donors and our relationships with them xx

Morning everyone..

I am 13 dpo today. I have all the symptoms of being pregnant.. some days I even think I am.. or others tell me I have that glow. However I keep getting negatives. I feel like giving up on the whole test thing and just wait till the witch comes for me ( which could be in the next two days) with each negative test my thoughts change and drift to the negative side of it all.. I guess I just feel lost in this whole TWW world.. I want the witch to attack or to just get a light positive.. something that might give me hope..

I just wish I wasn't so lost feeling.

So I could not wait and poas....and I pray this is not a evap but I see a faint line... Not even squinting just raised it up and there it was my house is not well lit. But it's not FMU so in the morning I will do another one and I also had inseminated 3 times AUG 20 morniNG AUG 21 in the morning and at night.

Soi will update you all first thing in the morning if this line gets a little stronger....but compared to last cycle where all I say was a control line and nothing else and no matter how hard I stared no line was there this time I see something...Uh sending baby dust to myself...lol I need this inseminating is gross...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->