Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I know I say it all the time, but day_dreamer, have you tried the clearblue digital OPK's? I know they're expensive, but they are so much simpler than the cheapies from eBay! In my experience anyway, just test with FMU and if there's a smiley face let M know and he'll be on his way. That's the arrangement I would've had when I was in contact with him anyway and he was fine with it.

So sorry ticking, I really hope you get that sticky :bfp: soon! xx

I got the CBFM thinking it was the same thing...but now having forked out 60quid for that I can't afford to try anything else. I suppose in theory it works the same, I'd just get a "peak" rather than a smiley face.

I'm waiting to hear back from M about how much notice he needs, cos the contract says a month in advance.

PINK, makes sense to me Hun, with the CP. I can't wait to see our bfps soon! :dust:

MECANICA, those twins are nearing arrival! Yay! Can't wait for pics!

NIMYRA, I hope last nite's donation went well! FXD! :dust:

MAMMAWANNABE, thanks for dropping in. GL with the SMEP! FXD! :dust:

TICKING, sorry your temps are dropping, I hope this bean turns on around as no :af: is a good sign! :dust: :dust:

DAY_DR, great! My cycles have always been irregular and now after a MC they still seem to be that way or figuring themselves out. How I monitor is using 3 different apps, temping/charting, OPKS, CP and CM checks. It helps to indicate when OV is approaching and then I set up donations every 2 days based on that. GL! You can temp with nite shift by the way, as your mornings are just different than ours. As long as it is the same time each day and you have slept a min of 3.5 hours! Try Fertilityfriend Hun! :dust:

CHERYL, awesome! I say get that donor on the phone now, as it seems today will likely be OV day! GL FXD! :dust:

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! Temps staying up, higher than whole cycle (except days with fever). I just hope I did enough and beign sick doesn't effect implantation. I mean, it looks apparent that I OVd so if I truly did.... FXD! Well, I creep closer to testing! Getting nervous however. As promised, started SS today. Not really much or anything that resembles past bfps. Most are indicative for me of AF so waiting will tell. DW is spotting and moody and fatigued. Still waiting... :coffee: (that's tea) :haha:FXD! :dust:

DayDreamer~ I hope your donor will understand and work with you, while you try to figure out what days are best for you. Good luck and tons of baby dust!

Ticking~ Oh no, I'm very sorry :(.. :hugs:

Cheryl~ Hope you see a nice smilely face soon and hope this cycle is the one for you! :flower:

Nimyra~ :dust: for your TWW!

MM~ Yes, lets get those :bfp: s and FX that your temps keep climbing! :thumbup: I hope AF goes easy on your DW, AF symptoms are no fun whether or not your TTC.

I think we might be getting somewhere with M. He says I can email him on the day of positive opk and he'll come over, which is good...BUT that also means we'll only get 1 donation, on O-day...how likely is that to work?? I can't recall ever having read a BFP story that was the result of only 1 insemination.

Also, we may be meeting face to face on Friday as he is in the area donating to another couple. Eeek.

I think we might be getting somewhere with M. He says I can email him on the day of positive opk and he'll come over, which is good...BUT that also means we'll only get 1 donation, on O-day...how likely is that to work?? I can't recall ever having read a BFP story that was the result of only 1 insemination.

Also, we may be meeting face to face on Friday as he is in the area donating to another couple. Eeek.

:thumbup::thumbup:

:happydance: 2mommies, glad she finally decided to stop by! Good luck this cycle, how exciting!!!!

You never know, all it takes is one lil :spermy:

Just got my smiley OPK so I've contacted donor; hopefully he can come down tomorrow and hopefully that'll be good timing! FX!!!!! [-o<

Good luck, c!!

Day - that sounds fine to me. My donor normally would only donate once per cycle (on the day I got a +opk) because one well timed insemination is all you need! On the month I fell pregnant he donated twice because my opks were confusing but with hindsight I ovulated twice and he fertilised BOTH eggs (one on tues and one on thurs). I strongly believe that if I'd only
Inseminated once that month I would still have fell pregnant but will one baby instead of two. Good luck!!!

if he can come over the day of your +opk that will be great timing (either ov day or day before). i only ever had 1 donation per cycle and i'm 20wks now!:happydance: if it's timed well 1 donation is all you need.:thumbup:

good luck! hope the meeting goes well.

Thanks for your replies...Its very reassuring to hear success stories. I'm now bricking it ahead of our meeting tomorrow, but trying to stay calm so as not to delay ov with stress.

Thanks for your replies...Its very reassuring to hear success stories. I'm now bricking it ahead of our meeting tomorrow, but trying to stay calm so as not to delay ov with stress.

Day_dreamer........please try and relax! remember M is doing a BIG thing for you. I was always (and still am at times) very nervous about meeting new people however when it came to meeting potential donors I told myself that if I wanted to be a mom I had to do this!!!! When you finally do have a little one your going to have to encounter numerous strangers and situations.

xxx

That's exactly what I'm telling myself...usually I would've freaked out and ran a mile by now (social anxiety at its best) but I HAVE to do this if I want a baby. It's not optional.

That's exactly what I'm telling myself...usually I would've freaked out and ran a mile by now (social anxiety at its best) but I HAVE to do this if I want a baby. It's not optional.

I have social anxiety too and nearly ran off/avoided called/emails a few times. I'm glad I didn't now, obviously! Think of a littlebaby in your arms in a years time, that's the way I got through it, plus, my donor was doing me an ENORMOUS favour, so there was nothing to panic about - you van back out at ANY time! Who is going to be carrying the baby? You or your OH?

Me and I can't wait!! I know that once I've met him it'll be fine...its just getting through the "omg I'm going to be terrified" fear...its a fear of fear... still, it'll be SO worth it when that baby arrives :cloud9:

Random QUESTION ALERT!!

This may be a really dumb question BUT I need to know so I can track my cycle better and I am sorry if its way to much T.M.I but here it goes:

So as i posted yesterday around 4pm my time, when i wiped after a bathroom run I notice light pink tint on the toilet paper...I did :happydance: because i knew the :witch: was around the corner!! so I waited :juggle: I started getting slight cramps but the next time i went to the bathroom still the same light pink no strong :flow:

Went to bed with slight cramps again woke up hoping for a stronger :flow: and nothing...:nope:- I ended up using a tampon to see if there was darker blood (sorry if this is way to much info) I just need some help here!!! and when I took the tampon out there was but I dont have a flow yet but a lot of cramps...

So my question is when would Cycle Day 1 begin for me??? that's always confused me....BTW I did start temping this morning...let's see how that goes!

Thanks you EVERYONE! I am so grateful that this forum is here!!

-Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->