Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hi everyone ive been gone for a while... I miss this thread!! I may hv found someone new to TTC with. I get to meet him in december cuz he doesnt live here yet but will be visiting in dec. cant wait to meet him. Hes my age & gay & will b moving here in feb 2012. So exciting ! I will try and get on here more often to stay updated in everyones journey!!

:cry: I bottled it. Turned my phone off with 1 minute to go, then spent the rest of the evening crying and berating myself for being so rubbish. Don't know where we stand now...donor M probably thinks I'm rude and unreliable so don't even know whether to send him an email to apologise and explain. :cry:

just email him and be honest and that your nerves got the better of you :hugs:
i'm sure he will understand, and it was just a phone call, not like you arranged to meet then never turned up

i tested again this morning, what do you think???

https://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j72/hebs_78/CIMG0513.jpg

its a bit blured but i think there is a line there. think it might be time to try a better test.

Day_dreamer, I agree with ticking, hope you feel better soon hun :hugs:

Ticking, I do see a second line but as Topaz said, maybe try a different test just to be sure? REALLY hoping it's your BFP!! :hugs:

Day_dreamer~ :hugs:

Ticking~ I see a second line also!!! :D

MM~ Yes, donations are done! Last night didn't work out since he had something urgent come up but it's fine. The first two donations were the best anyway so all I can do now is wait and hope for the best. :)

TOPAZ, when i took out the 11th and 15th, it indicated no OV detected, however, I got +OPK so I put the temps back. Just hoping for the best considering the sick days...
DAY, I think that the donor will understand, expecially with it being just a call. If talking would be bothersome to you, then send an email, this donor sounds promising and likely to understand. GL
2MOMMIES, how late with AF are you? Did you get a doc appt scheduled? I am thinking that with the hectic summer you had, stress could be delaying AF. Did you hit my siggy and sign up onmy chart for Fertilityfriend? So you can begin charting/temping? Would really help with OV when you have the donor situated.
DODGE, welcome back to us. Awesome news about the potential donor. Hope it works out, look forward to seeing you back in here soon!
CHERYL, peeked at your chart, looks like OV is near, maybe even today, do you have donations lined up hun???
TICKING, I think that TOPAZ is right, it's time to use a different test, I of course think waiting till the weekend with the new test is best. GL FXD! :dust:
PINK, AWESOME! Donations done, 4DPO, we can wait together! Peeked at your chart, did you override OV day? I was looking and think that CD12 was likely your OV day. Which really puts your donations at great timing! GL FXD! :dust:

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Yay!! Last week of TWW is starting off lovely, temp jumped up a little today, reeally hoping it stays up there to a bfp! Still no SS, and that feels good. I am a little nervous, as DW and I have similar cycle lengths and her AF is near!:wacko: Still waiting... :coffee: (that's tea) :haha:FXD! :dust:

MM~ I did override, I thought that since my cervix was still very high soft and open at 9pm on cd13, that cd14 was more accurate for O. I could be over thinking it :blush: but based on the symptoms, it felt right. Anyway, glad I have a tww buddy and yay for your temp rise! :dust: your way! Tea instead of coffee, I like that.. :haha:

Ticking - I see a second line too! I got my first positive on one of those tests (I posted it here because I didn't believe it and remember whooping when topaz said it was a pos!!) and then I took a first response and a boots one which confirmed it!!! Good luck!!

Day - did you email your donor? How'd it go? I remember freaking out when my donor first called me too (except he just did it, I had no warning!). It's natural to worry!!

Sorry I can't help those who are charting. I never took my temp, I only used opks so I have no idea what I'm looking at/for!!

Good luck to those on the 2ww, we need some more bfp in this thread!!

Great scan, twins, too!!!

Ticking, I definitely see a second line! Looking forward to seeing an even darker one.

As for me, waiting on donor call for a final donation tonight. I'm either ovulating (ovulated) today or tomorrow. Hopefully this is good-enough timing. I'm still worried I wont ovulate or something. I never got good LH surge readings so I'm just going with the ovwatch information. Hoping to see a good temp rise soon for confirmation.

just wanted to pop in and say good luck to those in the TWW.
I am waiting to O...checking with OPKs, cant chart since i work night shift and don't have a regular sleep schedule. Trying SMEP this cycle...already started on CD8 like it says....got a bunch more to go as i'm only CD11 today. Normally would O on cd16, so keeping up with the Insems w/ DH. Bless him.

Luck ladies!!

well my temp plummetted today :cry:
had to go see my dr about something yesterday and showed him the test, he said it was a BFP but with my history of MC's to be cautious so not told anyone but you guys on here,

and low and behold today my temps dropped :cry: so it isnt looking like bean is a sticky :nope:

Sorry to hear your temps have dropped ticking :hugs:

I did email M and he said we can continue via email...my problem now is ovulation...

Do any of you ladies have irregular cycles? How do you plan donations? I'm terrified of missing ovulation!!

CHERYL, peeked at your chart, looks like OV is near, maybe even today, do you have donations lined up hun???

Hi MrsMM :hi: yeah my chart is indicating ovulation's on the way. I started using the clear blue digital smiley OPK this month and still haven't got my smiley face with FMU yet. Might take a cheapy this afternoon...my usual donor is on holiday but I am in touch with another donor who's happy to help. Just got to let him know when.

Ticking, really really sorry hun. BIG :hugs:

Day_dreamer, glad you managed to sort things with M :thumbup: I don't ovulate regularly so I need a donor to be able to travel within 24 hours. I use OPK's, check CM and CP and also look out for other signs e.g. tender bbs, ovulation pain, AF cramps etc. Do you use OPK's? And can your donor travel with short(ish) notice?

Well, I used cheapie opks once last year...from cd16-27 but other than a few slightly darker ones they didn't show anything. BUT that cycle did end up being 50 days so I could have easily missed it by being too early. I am starting with them today, cd14, but have no idea if they'll show anything.

I also used CBFM for the first time last month. That gave be 10 high fertility days and a peak, which again I have no idea if itll do the same or give less high days - the instructions only say 5 days.

I need to find out re: short notice. I presume he'd be more able to if we travelled there since he only has to pop put to our car then....but OH doesn't want me to email him again until I'm at home and we can "do it together" which is frustrating the life out of me as I could have an answer before lunch if I emailed now!

Do you chart you cycle's day_dreamer? I.e. do you take your temp, check cervical position (CP) and cervical mucus (CM)? Maybe the latter 2 would help more because you have got long cycles and once you notice the EWCM then you can use the OPK's. Also, I think you have trouble with internet access so I presume you don't/couldn't use fertility friend to input all this data? If that's the case then maybe you need to start writing it down somewhere else like a diary and if you do/start charting your temp, do that by hand; you could probably find charts on-line, if not, i'd be happy to e-mail you one I used by hand. It may not help for the immediate but if you're going to be TTC for a few months then you may start seeing some pattern in the chart. As well as making a note of CP and CM make a note of symptoms of ovulation - all the one's I mentioned before as well as headaches for example and anything else you feel.

In regards to letting M know when, does he know you don't ovulate regularly? As long as you give him as much info as you can, be honest with him and tell him you'll let him know as soon as you know, hopefully he'll be ok with that.

Sorry you're having difficulties with OH, this is a tough enough "task" as it is without having someone who you feel is holding you back a bit. Hope some of this info has helped :hugs:

I don't temp, and have never been able to reach to check CP but I do track CM and have a nifty little app on my phone lol. The only problem is, the days of ewcm can be anything from 2 to 5 normally, and 10 randomly last month.

The more I think about it and analyse things the more I realise this is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. I may as well close my eyes and stick a pin on the calendar and inseminate that day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->