Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Quick question ladies

To those who temp...I have been taking my teMp since cd1. I am now on cd4 and when my alarm went off to temp I got up grabbed the thErmometer I fell asleep LOL and got back up at 7:35am and took it...my last 3 temps have been in the 96.80 range but this morning temp was 96.48...could the dip be because I took it later in the morning?

yeah dont worry about it hun,

quick question.............. how often do you communicate with your donor?

It depends on the donor in my experience. For example, the guy I'm with now only really replies to my emails when I get a positive OPK and we'll set up the time and the place for the donation. My back-up donor on the other hand is really chatty, we're in touch with each other every couple of days... xx

Quick question ladies

To those who temp...I have been taking my teMp since cd1. I am now on cd4 and when my alarm went off to temp I got up grabbed the thErmometer I fell asleep LOL and got back up at 7:35am and took it...my last 3 temps have been in the 96.80 range but this morning temp was 96.48...could the dip be because I took it later in the morning?

Usually the temp is higher by a bit if you take it a little later in the morning. But small dips generally don't mean anything - maybe you were a little under the weather, had alcohol recently, or maybe its nothing.

As you gain experience temping month after month you'll have a better sense of what's normal for you and your body. Some people's temps jump a lot, others are remarkably stable.

Hello :)

I've just come across this part of the forum.

It would be great to share experiences with people who are going through the same thing.

My name is Becka and i'm trying to conceive number 2 with the help of a donor.

Welcome Beeka!

I'm also TTC #2 with the help of a donor. :)

Thanks for the b-day wishes ladies, for my daughter, she had a blast! :flower:

TOPAZ, are you shocked yet?? Because I got a bfn today.... I am not too down, as it is still early days. PINKOR and DAYDREAMER were convinced as well.... we shall see soon...

READY, it can be very hard to work out, but read through the tutorials or you can PM me and get the "cliff notes" on FF...

:wave: welcome CARYHEINZ and JESSUK, and BEEKA:wave: hope you find this thread VERY helpful no matter what part of your journey...

2MOMMIES, so sorry your donor flaked! I hope you are near to finding another donor soon! As for the temoing, you should have used the the adjuster and seen what the temp would be and use it. Also, you should sleep with that thermometor near your bed so it is easier to grab when the time comes to take it.

SS 12DPO: Cramp-y. Gassy. Less Bloat-y. Feeling "wet" below te belt.

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! BFN! So I probably won't be testing again till Wednesday, tooooo nervous!! Temps staying up, but are decreasing, which is keeping me nervous. My chart was possible Triphastic FF (Day 26) indicated until today's temp. Still missing a regular symptom of AF or BFP, sore bbs! Hope everyone's weekend is going well. I will jump right on here and update after I test soon.... Still creeping to the end of waiting... :coffee: (that's tea) :haha:FXD! :dust:

I hope we get some BFP on here before christmas, how fab would that be!!

Well since i stopped my depo, my periods have been rather short (3 and 4 days long instead of 7/8 days before i went on it) and my Luteal phase is 12/13 days long so thats ok isnt it??
i have read that the depo can make your LP really short but is it right that anything over 10 days is ok???

will be starting this months donations next week :happydance:

Hi Ladies :hi:

I'm kind of dipping my toe in over here lol. After not finding another Mr Right I have 99% decided that Donor sperm is the only way forward for me to achieve my very much longed for number 3.

I am in email contact with someone from pollen who could be a possible donor, who is actually very nice and is making this a lot easier on the nerves.

I'm just wondering, how long before you started AI after meeting your donor?

Do you have any hints and tips for this stage of the process?

Thanks for reading!

Morning ladies, I've stayed away on purpose this 2ww as I was getting a wee bit obsessed with reading nearly every thread, especially symptom spotting ones and it was getting unhealthy!

Waves and hello to all new ladies, this thread is a wonderful one to belong to and every one on here is really friendly and helpful.

I'm coming on today, I've already got stomach ache and I get this feeling every month when I just know I'm due on. Oh well it would have been a miracle to conceive the first month of trying with one donation.

Ticking, my period only lasts for 3 days max, 1st one is spotting, 2nd is flow and 3rd is flow to spotting, it's been like this now for over 10 years from when I was anorexic in my early 20's. My lp is only about 12-13 days too.

Beautiful, I only met my donor on the day of donation, we spoke via email a few times before that though. For me it was better to meet on the day otherwise I may have lost my nerve and dropped out. Also I'm very lucky to have understanding parents and they waited outside his house whilst I collected.

I'm sorry that I've missed some of you on here, good luck for this month and heaps of baby dust to everyone :dust::dust:

Welcome to all the new people! This is a lovely supportive thread and no question is too silly!!!

MrsMM24 - I think you are so lovely the way you reply to everyone. I have adult ADHD and by the time I've got to the end of a page I've forgotten who has said what!! I just can't concentrate at all! God knows what I'll do when the babies are here since I'm forever in a world of my own. I need to start writing lists and being more organised!!!

Beautiful - I met my donor in person on the day of donation. We spoke via email/on the phone and then when I got my surge we met in person and he donated. He's a fairly well known donor so I wasn't worried about him being a creep!!

Afm, I am exhausted!! It was my daughters birthday this weekend so I've been preparing for that, plus I had a 2 day course which lasted all day! I was in bed by 10pm yesterday!! We've got a Halloween party tonight but I'm hoping we can relax a bit after that!!

Good luck to those in the 2ww!!

Hi to all newcomers!! This thread is awesome and all of the ladies are fabulous and are helping one another. This is like the one-stop for all tips and tricks about At-home insemination.

MM24, don't worry about the BFN, it's still to early. Fxed for u!

Ticking, so sorry for your lost. 12/13 days LP is good, almost excellent. Wow, but your cycle is really fast, you'll be getting donations from next week already?!! At least you know that you and donor can really make a baby and implant. Just have to make that lil'bean sticky.

Luna, nice looking bump you got there.

Nimrya, I wish someday I will also be TTC#2 using donor sperm. But for now, I still have to take care of my #1. :haha:
_____

AFM, CD10 and could be more than a week away from O. One of the most stressful cycles ever. Only silver lining is that I have found a new donor and he has a wonderful 'resume'. Also wanting to get a :bfp: before Christmas!

:wave: nice to meet you BEAUTIFULD!! Hoping all donations go well and you have a BFP soon! :dust:

TOPAZ, I tried not to get excited so I am not too surprised.... First chart I had though that looked Triphastic or like this at all so I am not sure what's going on.

TICKING, I FXD! :hugs: and hope you get that BFP soon! :dust:

SPARKLIE, we have all been there, obsessing, is is a hard thing NOT to do, good Luck in the TWW! :dust:

MECHANICA, I retain too much information... :haha: DW hates that I remember how I do. :haha: It was our DDs b-day party this weekend as well. SNOW, can you believe it?!? Early. Not alot of her friends from school made it out, but, family showed so she had fun! I cannot wait to see your twins! i am so excited for you! You willd o fine, lack of memory and organization and all. :flower:

LIAN, I sure do hope it is just early and we can't get those dark pink lines for another few days! YAY for your impending OV! :dust:

SS 13DPO: Cramp-y. Less Bloat-y. Feeling "wet" below te belt.

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! BFN again. Now I really am not testing until Wednesday as I await AF... Temp increased slightly, not sure what's going on here, keeping me nervous. Still creeping through a waiting period, on one or their other anyway... :coffee: (that's tea) :haha:FXD! :dust:

good luck to all the ladies and fx in TWW...i'm not quite there yet. i am still waiting to Ov. I usually O on CD16, getting a +opk on cd15, however i am still neg -on the OPK today (cd15)...getting nervous and frustrated that i am going to Ov late or not at all...I usually have 28-30 day cycles....

I have been inseming since cd8 every other day and daily since cd 12...

has any one with reg cycles get +opk's on different days?

thanks
krista

Krista,

I have to know, how did you manage to convince your donor to donate every other day from cd8 and daily since cd 12? Many donors are only willing to donate 1 to 3 times per cycle, usually starting from +OPK.

Hopefully you will ovulate soon. I was a couple days off this month, which can happen. Try not to stress!

My "donor" is my DH! He can't ejaculate from intercourse but he can manually....so he has agreed to "donate" whenever i ask. Bless him...he told me last night he feels like a cow being milked...oh well...what we need to do. Hopefully we cover all the bases!

Just popping in to say hello and welcome to all new members.

LUNA your bump is way cute!!

AFM: Im still in a cast for the wrist i get it off on the 24th nov cant wait, then i can start doing things normally again and get into this weight loss busio. Ive decided that Im also changing my TTC date to August next year. I want to give my body the best chance at conceiving so Ill have to change my date

Baby dust to all xx:dust:

Well spoke with my donor and have set the days for this months donations,
due to ovulate around the 15th Nov so having 2 donations, on on 11th (incase i ovulate early) and another on the 14th
fingers crossed we catch it again :happydance:

I have switched to taking my temps vaginally as i am a mouth breather and my temps are ALOT higher this way (0.4 higher lol )

I have switched to taking my temps vaginally as i am a mouth breather and my temps are ALOT higher this way (0.4 higher lol )

I'm a mouth breather too...I bought a new thermometer as I lost my other one when we moved months ago...first temp this morning....36.88 - I've NEVER had a temp that high before...so confused...although I was sick yesterday so maybe fighting a virus or something. No ewcm yet either...CD20 today...

TICKING, so glad that you got the temping down and donor settled... :dust:

MAMA, glad the cast is coming off soon!

MAMMA, your DH is awesome!

DAYDREAMER, OV is near... :dust:

SS 14DPO: Cramp-y. Fatigued. Heavily Bloat-y. Gassy.

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Slightly losing hope, but STILL hopeful as no :af:! Temps staying up, so I am not complaining. If I make it past today, my cycle is longer than last month. My LP however was 15days so I have one more day to beat that out. If I do, then I will test the next morning (Thursday.) Still not really much or anything that resembles past bfps, but not much resembling AF either. Still waiting... :coffee: (that's tea) :haha:FXD! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->