Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

SS 15DPO: Fatigued. Heavily Bloat-y. Gassy.

AFM...Stalk my chart!!! Losing any symptoms (well, except those that indicate AF coming) Trying to stay hopeful because... no :af:! Temps staying up, so I am not complaining. May try to test tomorrow if no AF tonight, just too nervous as I know that an irregular cycle now is due to the MC in July. It has only been 3 cycles so maybe things are not sorted out yet.... Still waiting... :coffee: (that's tea) :haha:FXD! :dust:

Hey Ladies

Just a quick update I have been taking my temp in the morning and charting...but I am currently on CD 7 and I still have a flow...still medium flow...I decided this morning not to use a tampon and just wear a liner just in case and I kinda rushed to the bathroom about 30 minutes ago and there was a lot of blood on the liner **TMI sorry** So not sure what is going on..I am thinking that because my last cycle was 51 days long that could be the major reason why I am bleeding a few extra days...my cylces normaly range between 33-38 days and this has been my longest cycle of 51 and I believe the reason is because of a bit of stress was i under end of September going into October

I am assuming because I am technically have a flow on cd7 that I will ovulate later correct?

Sorry for the quetions ladiest...I don't really have the lingo..and as much as i have read about ovulation etc etc etc after a while it all gets confusing for me!

thanks for the help to all of you! & for being so supportive!

Baby :dust: and FXD to everyone who is trying to conceive and are in their 2 ww!!

<3

Lee

The last day of your flow doesn't affect when you ovulate. The length of your luteal phase (ovulation to period) is the part that usually set. If your cycles are unpredictable in terms of length, it may be hard to predict ovulation, so rely heavily on your OPK and changes in cervical mucus and position.

good luck!

2mommiesttc, i agree with nimrya, your O won't be affected by the flow. as u said u are probably still bleeding because your previous cycle is longer than usual and your uterine lining still needs to shed. But your ovaries are already gearing up for the next ovulation and are unaffected with what's happening with the shedding. i also have quite longer cycles like yours 31-36 days and coincidentally had a 51-day cycle last May. :wacko: it's not so easy trying to pinpoint ovulation and I would spend a fortune if I buy expensive OPKs, so I rely on the Internet cheapies and the Saliva microscope. The latter gives me a warning of about 5-7 days so heaps of time to inform the donor that O is coming.

Good luck MrsMM, I hope AF is staying away!

AFM, I finally had my positive OPK today on CD21 :wacko: Just under a week late! I've emailed donor, so just waiting for a reply to set up the time and the place :happydance:

Good luck to everyone else for their donations and two week waits!

:dust:

Yay for that smiley :)

OH has pulled out. She doesn't like M, says he makes her feel uncomfortable and she wants to keep looking. I admit he is a bit odd (a bit square with Simon Cowell trousers!) but he's professional, genuine and fully checked with the clinic so I figure beggars can't be choosers. Plus he is willing to be known, which is rare.

I knew this would happen. I suppose now its a decision between whether I let her postpone things AGAIN (we were originally meant to try June 2010) or if this is where we go our separate ways... :cry:

2MOMMIES, just continue to chart because that will give you actual OV date. I am not sure that you can indicate when you can OV as it seems like your cycle may be different so knowing the LP could prove hard this cycle. Trust in the temping. I think that as soon as the flow is leaving, you should make plans to get your donations set up....

TTC SEPT, YAY for PosOPK!!! you are on your way. Not long now before donations start and you will be in that TWW!!! :dust:

DAY_DREAM, I am so sorry to hear that OH is having some discomfort with the donor. I do hope that you all can work something out. Have you thought about shipping options or even a cry-bank? There is one in California and Virginia in the U.S. that ships internationally. I hope you do not have to wait a very long time....GL FXD!:dust:

AF is staying away... I just don't know what to think this cycle ladies...
SS 16DPO: Fatigued. Heavily Bloat-y. Gassy. Irritable. Nervous.

Stalk my chart!! Trying to stay hopeful... no :af:! So far, longer cycle, and 1 day longer DPO.... Maybe testing Friday is it. After Fri, if BFN, then I am planning on making appt as after an MC, anything could happen... Temps staying up though. If you have read my journal, before MC you know my cycles use to be 3 days AF every other month with confirmed OV monthly. Maybe I am returning to this? Still waiting... :coffee: (that's tea) :haha:FXD! :dust:

my donor has been very quiet the last week or so, and im stressing that i've said something to upset/offend him

:nope: its stressing me out

I'm with you ticking, I never had a reply from my donor today and I should've inseminated this afternoon :nope:

And as I wrote that he sent an email asking if I want a donation tomorrow... Thank God!!! :rofl: xx

YAY TTC !! so exciting ! :) how many insems are you going to be able to get ? just the one tomorrow ?

I was supposed to have had one today, but he didn't get back to me until a few minutes ago. It'll just be the one tomorrow on the day of ovulation :thumbup: xx

hey ladies! just a quick note to say i'm still around stalking lol i just dont get on often as i tend to obsess when i'm here too much!:haha: so i should get LH surge mon or tues of next week and shipment is set to arrive tues..praying/hoping/fingers crossed for good timing and cool swimmers upon arrival!! will keep yall updated! :)

good luck to everyone in 2ww or waiting to try..will do personals later! babydust to all!!! :) :) :)

Hey ladies,

Can I join this thread? My boyfriend is a T6 Paraplegic and up until June of this year, we thought ejaculation was impossible, due to his injury.

I did some research and found the Hitachi Magic Wand (used as a PVS) could aid in ejaculation for SCI. I ordered one online, and we tested it out as soon as we got it. And it worked!!

We've been trying At-home insemination ever since! Last cycle was the first cycle I managed to pin-point ovulation, but the magic wand wasn't working its magic so much! (He couldn't ejaculate despite trying for over an hour, two different nights)

I'm currently on CD2 and am very impatiently waiting for ovulation, which should occur around the 17th.

We'll be using pre-seed!

I really hope this method will work for us! I've always wanted to be a young mom (I'll be 22 this Sunday!), but if In-Vitro etc is our only option, we'll have no choice but to wait! It'll break my heart.

I'd gladly accept any support, advice, or luck from anyone who's willing to offer!

Welcome! I hope it all goes well!! Feel free to ask any questions!

TTC, so glad that your donor got in contact, let's get the donations rolling! :dust:

TICKING, same with you, let's get this ball rolling! :dust:

Hi FAITH, totally understand, good to see you, right on time... let's get OV and donations going Hun!:dust:

:wave:MINDGAMES!!! GL :dust:

SS 17DPO:Heavily Bloat-y. Gassy. Irritable.

AFM...you can still stalk my chart, but... BFN!! I kinda figured a couple of days ago that the chances were slim, no sore bbs really did a trick on my hopefulness as with both previous PGs I had them and in fact is all I really ever get with PGs or AF. Still no:af: but temps are declining so I expect her soon. The LP is still longer this month, my cycle is longer thus far as well, the first one after MC was 41 days, so, maybe that will be a positive thing next cycle... YES! I am going in for December! I did make an appt with my doc for a check up on things but that is in 2 weeks. Any good plans for you all this weekend? Waiting patiently for anything... :coffee: (that's tea) :haha:FXD! :dust:

Good luck everyone with any upcoming donations!

So, my donor went silent again, but I managed to get another donor who I've spoken with often over the last few weeks. Insemination complete... now we're on the two week wait. Out of interest, I had my positive OPK yesterday morning and I had the donation at 4pm today... is the timing alright? I know it's not perfect, but am I still in with a good chance? No spillages either, I love softcups!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->