Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Thanks lian :hugs: That's so nice to hear!

ebelle -- No need to worry about how we keep going each month... bc you're going to get that BFP next month! :winkwink:

Seriously tho..... that's what keeps us all going i think! That hope that next cycle will be THE cycle! And then your desire for a "may blossom" is filled with a longing for a "june bug" and then your heart is just set on a "christmas BFP" etc. It's all about moving forward! I'm sure none of us really care what months our babies are born or conceived in....... what we really want is THIS cycle to be THE cycle... whatever cycle it may be!

Besides, the alternative is what... giving up? We cant give up or our babies will never be in our arms. Unfortunately, (for most of us here) it will never "accidentally" happen. And that saying alot of TTC'ers say "It will happen when you just stop trying" or "It will happen when you least expect it" etc..... these dont apply to us! We have to plan, and coordinate, and arrange, and time...... and then do whatever "procedure" we each are perfecting each cycle!

There are so many times i keep wanting to give up or feeling hopeless...... and then i hear about BFPs on here & i see pics of our "alumni" babies...... and i'm reminded that it can & will happen!

Hang in there!

lian -- what is SMEP?

Wow Ruby, I don't think anyone could have put that better :flower::hugs:

i really hope you all get those bfps soon.
i feel a bit guilty at times that i got both of mine relatively easy.

it really helped that my donor was so easily available, when i was ttc callum he wasnt working due to a sleep problem, then when ttc josh he had and op and went back to work part time but he worked nights but was a sleep in carer so was still available all the time.

Hello, ladies! Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I hope you're all doing well. :)

JAZZ, sorryt hat MS has not let up. It is good that you have been able to do one meal. My SIL was sick with my neph until about 20 wks, so hold tight, it can still get better, she likes to say that it helped her have less "baby fat" to lose after delivery :hugs:

LIAN, no luck AF arrived Fully this weekend. I think that TTC or FAITHBABIES will be the 1st on your siggy, it is looking as if I will be the last of mine.... but still trying! :dust:

NIMYRA, sounds like the chart ans symptoms are doing well, 10DPO is super early, but hang in there :dust:

2MOMMIES, can you link your chart for us to stalk? It likely depends on your cycle when you should start OPKs, those with rather short AF and cycles typically start on CD7 after Af has left and with normal cycles around 30 days, CD9 is the day, but fert doc has me on CD9. GL :dust:

RUBY, :wave: nice to see you back. I that was a rude as hell of your friend, but... some just don't get it! As for SMEP, it is a rigorous task, but one that is highly successful, and I WILL be trying that again this cycle! SMEP = Sperm Meets Egg Plan. There is a thread on here or you can google to get full details. Rather difficult for us Lesbians or users of donations.... GL :dust:

EBELLE, Hun, I know it gets hard at times, but everyone gathers hope from different places, myself, where I get my strength from and hope that it will happen: DD!!! And all the lovely success stories on BNB!! It CAN and WILL happen Hun, hang in there!!! :hugs: :dust:

AFM...Well, AF snuck in on me this weekend. She was roaring too. In fact, each one since MC has been progressively more rough. I am keeping my appt with my doc which is after Thanksgiving just to check things out as I haven't had an AF like that since I first got AF. I was put on BC to help that and regulate it. Not an option I am going for this time though so we shall see. Sorry that I was M.I.A on you all this weekend. The saddness that DW and I went through was rough and the internet was the last thing on my mind. As well, the cramps and flow was soooo very strong, I wasn't moving anyway. I am happy to say, that we have decided that we will try again regardless and move forwar dinto what looks like will be December! We just aren't to the point to take break yet. Since it is later, we will have some time to get the donations and shipments scheduled (you know I am a planner so I will start that work this week) and then we will get a few more tests ( have alot left as we wait to test) and get the ball rolling in a couple of weeks. Still alittle sad, but not as much and cramping has gone down quite a bit so, I am here! GL FXD!:dust: to you all in the TWW, and the act of :sex: Catch that Eggy!!! :dust:

welcome back Ruby ! we have missed you :) You have always been so encouraging to everyone and you bring with you helpful knowledge too !!

MrsMM: So sorry you got :bfn: :cry:
Here's to pushing forward onto the next month of trying, that's all we can do is push forward and keep our chins up !! :hugs:

AFM: nothing new to report ! just over a month until I meet FOB. It's so funny the guy he's seeing added me on FB ! Obviously he knows about me and wanted to interact. I feel bad for FOB cuz when he moves up here in Feb he will have to break it off with this guy, who seems really awesome. This is FOB's first relationship as he just came out not that long ago. When I do have a baby with him, the LO will be half Irish and half English ! HAHA what a combo !! Anyways sorry I'm rambling but that's all I have to report ! Been home sick all week and so I've had time to keep up with everyone on here, which is a challenge sometimes!!

Hi everyone! :wave:

MrsMM sorry the ugly witch got you! :hugs:

Dodgegirl -- Irish & English sounds like a nice mix! Is he cute?

Okay... the crazy has started...

I am now 11 DPO and CONVINCED I am pregnant. Intellectually I know I might not be... but I'm totally fixated now. It's only been 18 hours since my BFN. I think I am losing my mind.

I keep fantasizing about how I'll announce my pregnancy to my family over Christmas, etc etc.

Okay... the details. BFN yesterday morning. Trying to refrain from testing, but willpower may fail tomorrow. I either ovulated sometime between CD 15 and 18 (wide range, I know, but my temps didn't rise until CD19 so I suspect I ovulated later than I was expecting)... which would mean a 29-33 day cycle (so nowhere near due for AF yet)... but, temps look triphasic. I've had 3 straight days in a row of high temps. I checked my cervix this afternoon and it is closed tight and felt "high" and firm. That's unusual right? Also I'm feeling a lot of little aches and twinges around my ligament areas.

If I'm wrong, I know I'll be crushed, but I can't help thinking about it.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me. You all are the best.

Ruby!!!!!!! I have been thinking about you! I'm so glad to see you back on here.

I'm sorry your friend was so awful to you. Sometimes people can just be so insensitive. I don't know how they can think that comments like "maybe it's not meant to be" would possibly be helpful! Maybe your friend needs a time-out. You certainly don't need to be around that attitude.

I hope this is your month!

Crossable's tightly crossed for you Nimyra :flower: I think we've all been where you are now, that 2ww can be a nightmare. Hoping you see a BFP!! :hugs:

hey ladies

sorry i am been a lil MIA wil explain in abit ( wel i have been stalking but never sure what to say.

am keeping my fxd 4 all u lovely ladies in here we wil get our bfps eventually just some of us r forming a small queue so hopefully we wil get the queue shortening soon.

ruby - how shocking what ur friend said to try nt to let it annoy u they clearly have never felt the need for a child like us a bit like my cousin who contemplated having a second child bt got a new car instead so she wont b having an more kids as she cant afford both ( the old car was fine i think she is an idiot), luckily 4 my after 3 years of trying i have never had any of my friends say something like to me, my problem is the general consensus that as i am gay i dont want children end of no other option. which 4 nw i let them run with + wil smugly wnjoy the shock wen i eventually have a child with DW.

AFM - while being on this break suggested by my dr my urge to TTC has been a lil hit and miss, if anything i am getting a lil depressed with it all mainly since having 16 friends or family have babies since may i am feelin like my face is being rubbed in it ( nt that i begrudge anyone the wonderful gift of a child). bt i am trying to forge ahead having finally started sorting my blood work 4 my appt in jan + am having my hsg later in the week which i am nervous as hell about. so all things going 2 plan i should b bak in business in january.

sorry 4 another rant

lots of babydust 2 all

xx

Hi everyone! :wave:

MrsMM sorry the ugly witch got you! :hugs:

Dodgegirl -- Irish & English sounds like a nice mix! Is he cute?

Yes ruby he is really cute !! Much better looking than the 1st guy i was TTC with!! I think we will make really cute babies!!

Have such a good feeling abt him... The countdown is on till i meet him in person!! ;)

As for my friend's comment... i just sort of let it go. She is actually my ex but now a very good friend... but maybe there is some residual jealousy behind the comment. Still quite mean & hurtful though!

Gemini -- I cant believe someone would decide between a baby & a car!!! And pick the car!!!!!! Hope she doesn't regret that decision one day!

dodgegirl... yaayy for cute donors who make cute babies!!!! :wohoo:

I am freaking out I took OBKs this evening and they have a faint line.....how the hell can I be ovulating so early...I just had a 51 day cycle...I have donor ready for next weekend and waiting on the test result of the other donor...I feel like breaking done and just crying...I was hoping I could have atleast another week before I ovulated

I am freaking out I took OBKs this evening and they have a faint line.....how the hell can I be ovulating so early...I just had a 51 day cycle...I have donor ready for next weekend and waiting on the test result of the other donor...I feel like breaking done and just crying...I was hoping I could have atleast another week before I ovulated

A faint line (lighter than the control line) is not a positive OPK. Usually it is negative until you get a dark line. You can have faint lines for a whole week or so before a positive result.

unless you are using a different kind of OPK I'm not familiar with -- reread the directions for clarification. good luck!

Hello Ladies, let me start off by wishing you all lots of :dust:.....I am currently CD4 and 2nd day on clomid (first time).....I will be doing a Doc asst. IUI/AI. I have done tons and tons of research on it and was wondering if any of you ladies could tell me about your experiences/what to expect,or if any side effects from clomid, would be greatly appreciated....Again good luck to you all with Fx's....

Nimyra Thank you for the reply!!

I clearly need to stop reading everything and anything online because it clearly just overwhelms me...when I think I have everything down I read something and it just confused the crap out of me :wacko:

I took more OBKs this morning and they are still as faint as the OBKs from last night. I will be posting my chart as soon as I get situated at work. The OBKs I am using are ones my DP bought in bulk online and then I went out and bought a store brand to double check and with that test it was barely there....so maybe I am over reacting! ugh I am so extremely overwhelmed and just do not want to miss this cycle!

I just want to apologize if i come across freaking out or harsh or anything...I wish you all the best of luck to everyone! baby :dust: to everyone and I have my fingers crossed to everyone who is TTC'ing and are in there 2ww!

-Lee

A faint line (lighter than the control line) is not a positive OPK. Usually it is negative until you get a dark line. You can have faint lines for a whole week or so before a positive result.

unless you are using a different kind of OPK I'm not familiar with -- reread the directions for clarification. good luck!

2mommies - I have pics of my OPKS, would you like me to post them? You can clearly see the progression until I got my positive. On the final month you can see where I ovulated twice.

Don't worry, I felt completely neurotic when I first started out and was obsessing over everything! I got my BFP in the end!!

Mechanica...

I would really appreciate seeing y our pics of your OBKs!!!

Thanks

2mommies - I have pics of my OPKS, would you like me to post them? You can clearly see the progression until I got my positive. On the final month you can see where I ovulated twice.

Don't worry, I felt completely neurotic when I first started out and was obsessing over everything! I got my BFP in the end!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->