Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Hey ladies, my dh and i are trying at home insemination. I'm just nervous we're wasting our time. I'm so nervous the sperm will die before he gets them in:cry: any help? advice?

my oh and i do at home insem also. Just wondering why you have decided to go this way? My OH sometimes has a problem ejaculating from intercourse, so we have decided that during our fertile time we can try this. I have researched it a ton and have also joined some threads specifically for at home insem that has great success stories. Such as this thread!! :haha:

We just use a specimen cup (clean and dry). OH makes me "go for a drive" while he is preparing the sample (he's embarrassed about doing it while i'm in the next room :xmas13:) I always stay near home, he texts me when he's finished and i come back in and draw it into a syringe, prop myself up on pillows and go from there. I think the time in between is about 5-10 minutes and it's totally fine. i do notice though that the longer it sits the thinner it gets so i try to do it right away as it stays in better if it's thicker, but it doesn't really matter.

Good Luck hun.

I can see that you ladies are really experienced and educated....from all I read.

Is there anything I can do to boost my fertility? or his as well?
I read a lot online, and from the books, but I would prefer soemthing that someone tried before and it helped.

Good luck!

well my microscope is starting to pick up some lines, so fingers crossed i ovulate on friday as expected as we are doing donation on thursday :thumbup:

Hoping everyone that celebrated Thanksgiving enjoyed themselves!

I have been MIA, just busy cooking, cleaning, TTC, etc... I am back.

:wave: to the newcomers!! Hope you get that BFP soon!

:hugs: to those AF flew in on!

CONGRATS on any missed BFPs!!! Wishing you a H&H 9 mos!!

AFM...Stalk my chart.... 6DPO (FF changed 1 day today), I had a doc appt today. Not much info, no bloodwork because I am TTC and only 6DPO and I could possibly be implanting, but made an appt for 3 weeks from now as my cycles have been crazy since July MC. So we shall see. I am not going to temp past 8DPO so 2 days is it (temp declining now) and I don't know if I am going to SS unless it is something like nausea and super sore bbs (none as of now.) Last night I had to sleep with the fan as I was sooo hot! And on Friday, I slept for like 17 hours, Saturday I slept for about 12hours. I am having some weird cramping today so my nerves are bad. As well, last night, by brother, announced that they are pregnant, again, my nephew turns 1 tomorrow. I of course was and am happy but was soooo like man, when am I going to be blessed again.... However LIKEAUSTRALIA got her BFP so I am so very happy and concetrating on that. Well:shrug:...watching my chart closely.... :paper: WAITING.... GL FXD!:dust:

Hey ladies, my dh and i are trying at home insemination. I'm just nervous we're wasting our time. I'm so nervous the sperm will die before he gets them in:cry: any help? advice?

my oh and i do at home insem also. Just wondering why you have decided to go this way? My OH sometimes has a problem ejaculating from intercourse, so we have decided that during our fertile time we can try this. I have researched it a ton and have also joined some threads specifically for at home insem that has great success stories. Such as this thread!! :haha:

We just use a specimen cup (clean and dry). OH makes me "go for a drive" while he is preparing the sample (he's embarrassed about doing it while i'm in the next room :xmas13:) I always stay near home, he texts me when he's finished and i come back in and draw it into a syringe, prop myself up on pillows and go from there. I think the time in between is about 5-10 minutes and it's totally fine. i do notice though that the longer it sits the thinner it gets so i try to do it right away as it stays in better if it's thicker, but it doesn't really matter.

Good Luck hun.

My OH has never had a problem but ever since we started trying its as if he has stage fright. he just can never finish. so we have opted for this method on my fertile days. He just goes into the bathroom and does his business and then we insert it. I just have been nervous that if we keep doing it this way and his sperm werent living that we were wasting our time. So thats why I'm here. I wanted to check it out with other people

same problem with my OH...stage fright! LOL. i've heard alot of success stories on doing it this way...

Jazzntee -- Do you mind if i ask how old you are? My OH (who is the one TTC) is 37... i worry about her health during pregnancy. She is a fairly healthy eater... yet has high blood pressure & high cholestrol... due to heredity.

I hope you start to feel better, and maybe its just the normal exhaustion of pregnancy! What is your doc saying about the dizziness?

ticking.clock -- Good luck! Go catch that eggy! :spermy:

Why does the TWW seem like it lasts FOREVER!?!?!?! We are hoping to wait until Thanksgiving morning to test (nov. 24th). Hopefully AF will stay away!

I am 29 years old, and my dr said that my heart has change since my last 2 pregnancys 9 yrs ago she said its not pumping blood correctly to my brain thats were the dizzyness is coming from i have to take it easy.

CD11 today, and have my first donation planned for 2:30pm :happydance: We're going to try for donations on CD11, CD13, CD14, CD17, CD18 and CD20. As many donations as we can get, but making sure to skip days so as to keep his sperm count nice and high. Fingers crossed this is the month! AF would be due a day or two before Christmas, so I'm hoping for that festive :bfp: xx

Yeah JAZZ, my last PG in July, that was the case with me and my breathing, take it easy Hun!

HAJ, donations are very reliable if you two go that route, check out my journal for TMI details! :dust:

TTC SEPT, good luck Hun! Let's get this TTW started! :dust:

AFM...PLEASE stalk my chart.... 7DPO , the worst night of sleep. I was so hot, DW woke me because I was sweating and said I could turn fan on me. Twinges galore as well... I soooo hope this is some sign of a BFP. Tomorrow is last day of temping, I am not going to temp past 8DPO. Going to do all I can NOT to SS unless it is something like nausea and super sore bbs (none as of now.) I hope I am blessed to join my brother this month with a BFP. Well:shrug:...watching my chart closely.... :paper: WAITING.... GL FXD!:dust:

First donation is done and dusted :thumbup: I love softcups! Zero leakage!

I hope everyone else's donations/two week waits are running just as smoothly :flower: xx

ticking clock~ fingers crossed u ovulate on the day u want so the spermy can catch that eggy!! babydust! :)

mrsmm~~ hoping those are some bfp s/s you are having!! i'm crossing everything u get your bfp this cycle so u can share the excitement with your brother!! :)

TTC~~~ yay for softcups! i love them too! baby dust and good luck in the 2ww :) i'm hoping we all get our bfp's for Christmas!

also, WELCOME to the newbies!! so glad u joined our group!! good luck in the babymaking! :flower:

AFM~~~~just gearing up for donations...will start testing tomorrow but i should get my lh surge this sat...so i'm hoping my donor will be available fri/sat/sun or sat/sun/mon...dont want to ask for too much but geez he lives right down the street haha do yall think the every other day donation is the best idea? i still havent bought the microscope to check his sperm lol ah well fingers crossed! :)

MM~ Sounds very promising! FX!!! :dust:

TTC~ Good luck and lots of baby :dust: for your egg chase!

Faith~ Well, if he lives just minutes away, why not? :haha: Every other day would keep the sperm count a bit higher. Hope this cycle is the one for your bfp! :flower:

:wave: to the new posters.

AFM~ :coffee: waiting for AF to be on her way out and for my donor's reply to see if he's available. :dust: to everyone...

Hoping everyone that celebrated Thanksgiving enjoyed themselves!

I have been MIA, just busy cooking, cleaning, TTC, etc... I am back.

:wave: to the newcomers!! Hope you get that BFP soon!

:hugs: to those AF flew in on!

CONGRATS on any missed BFPs!!! Wishing you a H&H 9 mos!!

AFM...Stalk my chart.... 6DPO (FF changed 1 day today), I had a doc appt today. Not much info, no bloodwork because I am TTC and only 6DPO and I could possibly be implanting, but made an appt for 3 weeks from now as my cycles have been crazy since July MC. So we shall see. I am not going to temp past 8DPO so 2 days is it (temp declining now) and I don't know if I am going to SS unless it is something like nausea and super sore bbs (none as of now.) Last night I had to sleep with the fan as I was sooo hot! And on Friday, I slept for like 17 hours, Saturday I slept for about 12hours. I am having some weird cramping today so my nerves are bad. As well, last night, by brother, announced that they are pregnant, again, my nephew turns 1 tomorrow. I of course was and am happy but was soooo like man, when am I going to be blessed again.... However LIKEAUSTRALIA got her BFP so I am so very happy and concetrating on that. Well:shrug:...watching my chart closely.... :paper: WAITING.... GL FXD!:dust:

Well I don't need a donor I have Dh lol. But I'm hoping this method works!!

So I have had cramping, nausea, yesterday when I wipped there was clear CM with tiny specs of blood...I was walking to lunch and I almost threw up...had lunch and then used the bathroom and when I wiped there was a pinkis tint on the toilet paper...could it be AF or implantation bleeding????

Quick question:

I have job training started today had to be up at 5:30am but I alsways take my temp at 7:15...my temp this morning was 96.80.....any suggestions as to what I should do???

thank you and good luck and baby dust to everyone! <3

Well im definatly gearing up to ovulation
Starting to see ferning (transitional) starting to see faint pink lines on IC OPK's but no smiley on clearblue yet.
Getting more cm and tender boobs

Come on little egg we are waiting for you

Good luck to any 2ww-ers! Nothing much here, Noah isnt growing as much as he should so having weekly scans to check him and they'll take him out early if they need to! Bump is getting huge, big growth spurt past 3 weeks! Cant wait to meet him now!

Attachments

• 1320455652-picsay.jpg
    1320455652-picsay.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 1322433053-picsay.jpg
    1322433053-picsay.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 3
2Mommies~ I would use the temp adjuster. FX it's IB for you!

:dust: your way, Ticking...

Luna~ Love the tats you have and awesome belly pic! :) Sorry to hear that about Noah, I hope he'll be okay. :flower:

Seriously, how do you guys survive??

I just BARELY finalized 3 days ago with the IFs and started on this journey, just got my IUD out this morning, and I'm already banging my head against the wall wishing this would move along faster. :wacko: Every day is the longest day ever. I'm obsessed! What do you do to distract yourself and have a normal life??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->