Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

ashliee~~ lol you go girl! i also hope your fam will be supportive...the added stress of their negativity (if they have any) wont help in TTC...or that seems to be the case with us anyway lol :wacko:

afm~ our new local donor (we've always used shipping) came over last night for our first face to face visit and it went great! he's super tall just like my hubby and quite good looking...above that he is very humorous and compassionate which i like. I should ovulate in about twelve days so he is getting the donor agreement together, his STD tests and i'm going to write out a questionnaire for him just to keep for myself...although i've really asked him everything i need to know lol...we are excited for our first cycle together and i also am going to get an inexpensive microscope so i can make sure he has swimmers LOL :haha:

babydust and love to all! :)

Faith~ Yay for a great meeting with your donor! :thumbup: I've been thinking about getting a microscope myself, good idea. :haha:

Ruby~ :hugs::hugs::hugs: sorry I'm behind with those, fx for a Christmas bfp. Your son is such a sweetheart! :)

Ashliee~ Way to go! You deserve a ton of support and I hope you get it from those you've told so far. You always have us here, of course! :flower:

BeautifulD~ That sucks that he was that late to meet up with you. He couldn't call and give you a heads up at least? =/

Hi to everyone I've missed, hope all of you are doing well. :)

Only 2 of my friends know im TTC with a donor, my kids know too
But the rest dont even know im TTC full stop.
My mum is going to hit the roof as I have 2 kids already aged 15 and almost 12, she thinks my baby days are over lol

X

BeautifulD~ That sucks that he was that late to meet up with you. He couldn't call and give you a heads up at least? =/

To be fair to him he did drop me a text, but it was already too late as I was on the train on my way lol

Only 2 of my friends know im TTC with a donor, my kids know too
But the rest dont even know im TTC full stop.
My mum is going to hit the roof as I have 2 kids already aged 15 and almost 12, she thinks my baby days are over lol

X

I'm the same, only my 3 best friends know, not even my girls know. To be fair I think they are far too young to know the complexity's of it all they are only 9 and 11 x

Just wondering if anybody is co-parenting...or has seriously considered it? Would love to discuss some of the ins and outs of how it might work...

Afternoon ladies, I'm out this month, spotting today with period pains so I'll be on fully this evening. I really thought this was the month as I felt so different. Oh well I've texted my donor asking him if he's willing to donate again. If he is then I'm going to start taking agnus castus and vitamin b6. If it's negative next month then I'll ask my gp for blood test to see if I'm even ovulating or fertile.

All my close friends know I'm using a sperm donor and of course my mum was the first person I told and then we both told my dad. I've had great support from everyone, I'm very lucky that I have fab friends and of course fab parents :)

Ticking Clock I bet your mum will be over the moon to have another grandchild :)

Ticking Clock I bet your mum will be over the moon to have another grandchild :)

She wont be happy at all, until she sees the scan or baby
But I dont care, I know this baby will have enough love from me and its siblings

X

well ladies i have found OUR SONG for all of us TTC this christmas :happydance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXQViqx6GMY&ob=av3n

All my close friends know I'm using a sperm donor and of course my mum was the first person I told and then we both told my dad. I've had great support from everyone, I'm very lucky that I have fab friends and of course fab parents :)

:thumbup:

Sorry AF found you, good luck next cycle and I hope vitex and B6 are helpful for you.

BeautifulD~ Oh, okay :haha: better than not letting you know, I'm sure it would have been nice to know before you hopped on the train lol. I hope things work out between the two of you. :flower:

Ticking~ Awww, one of my fave Christmas songs! :happydance:

:thumbup:

Sorry AF found you, good luck next cycle and I hope vitex and B6 are helpful for you.

BeautifulD~ Oh, okay :haha: better than not letting you know, I'm sure it would have been nice to know before you hopped on the train lol. I hope things work out between the two of you. :flower:

Ticking~ Awww, one of my fave Christmas songs! :happydance:

Yes it really would have, central london isn't the best place to be sitting on your own at night lol. Aww thanks hun! I'm just waiting for af to show and then we will be getting started on dates ect next cycle EEEPPP!! I'm all readdy and waiting, I have everything sitting in my draw waiting for the day! I'm hoping for a christmas bfp, that would be the best!
:hugs:

Hey ladies, my dh and i are trying at home insemination. I'm just nervous we're wasting our time. I'm so nervous the sperm will die before he gets them in:cry: any help? advice?

Morning ladies, Ticking great song for us all :D

haj624 don't worry about your dh's sperm dying, they can live for up to an hour outside the body so they'll be alive and swimming when you inseminate. I know some women use a syringe and catheter but I just use a syringe. I've been trying to get a 10ml one but all the local chemists only sell 5ml. I'm going to try another town as I want those wrigglies as near to my cervix as possible!

I texted my donor last night and he's willing to keep on trying so I'm really pleased. I was so lucky to have a found a fab donor first in the first month.

Ticking, I stroke my tummy (and as I'm quite big there's a lot to stroke lol) and speak to my eggs too, telling them how much mummy would love the baby to be, I also tell my 2 cats that if I do have a baby they'll always be my furry babies and that I'd still love them as much as I do now :D Crazy maybe but it makes me feel better.

Beautiful D, good luck, fingers crossed that this is your cycle :)

Pinkorblue, how are you doing this cycle? I hope I haven't missed anything xx

Afternoon all, in need of some advice, I tested a day before af arrived and it was negative, I'm on my second day of af and I've got biggish blood clots, it looks like liver iykwim, could this be a chemical pregnancy? I've tried googling but not with much luck.

I've also got really bad cramps and I'm having to take strong painkillers. Ooooo sometimes I wish I was a man!

Thanks ticking, that's what I thought but wanted to check. It's so unusual for me to clot that it had me worried.

BeautifulD~ How exciting for you!! FX for a Christmas bfp! :D

Ticking~ No harm in that, whatever keeps the positivity going! :)

Sparklie~ Nope, you haven't missed anything. :) Temps are going down so I don't think this was the cycle for me. Ouch, sorry AF is being so rough on you. :hugs:

Haj~ Like Sparklie said, they do survive outside the body and most likely, you'll inseminate right away. It'll be okay! Good luck to you both and I hope you see a nice bfp! :dust:

I just registered...and I have been reading forum for pst few hours...

I just started my home insemination...just once so far....doing more this weekend, since those are gonna be my ovulation days....

Soooo excited and nervous at the same time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->