Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

My TTC journey is underway!! I had a consultation with the fertility doctor this morning. He gave me one of two options...reverse or IVF and I said reverse. I have to go back and see him on CD 3 for an ultrasound and bloodwork to make sure my hormones are okay and I'm tentatively booked for my reversal on August 8! I contacted my donor, and we're going to start trying again in October.

good luck laura!!

i got pregnant after my second cycle on CBFM , it worked for me !!

Ticking a fertility monitor is like the clear blue fertility monitor. you wee daily on these sticks and the machine analyses your fertility into low, high and peak. its supposed to be more reliable than OPK but thats open to deliberation. i used opk and CBFM

xxxx

Congratulations on your BFP :)

Last month sisn't get my positive OPK until CD 26 or something like that. So will see how it goes this month. Just please no positive while my donor is away. Don't want to do that "short notice" donor thing

Hi I'm letithappen12 and i have finally just joined this page due to constant persistance of my friend ticking.clock. Thankyou, Im here now x

Hi I'm letithappen12 and i have finally just joined this page due to constant persistance of my friend ticking.clock. Thankyou, Im here now x

you sarky get! good job i luffs ya!
but welcome to the ttc donor thread, loads more advice not just mine now :haha:

x

laurac1988 - Fingers crossed you wont get a positive OPK until your donor is back! Are your cycles always around 40 days? Similar to me - I usually ovulate between day 21 and 25. I don't like having a longer cycle.

letithappen12 - Hello and welcome :flower: Have you started TTC with a donor already?

CD33 for me and I'm still waiting for a positive OPK...really starting to lose hope - think this may be an anovulatory cycle :( I have no idea when to expect my period :shrug: Would prefer it sooner rather than later though.

laurac1988 - Fingers crossed you wont get a positive OPK until your donor is back! Are your cycles always around 40 days? Similar to me - I usually ovulate between day 21 and 25. I don't like having a longer cycle.

Last month's was 36. i think usually about the same but last month was the first month i started paying attention if I'm honest.

Longer cycles are a pain in the ass.

Last month's was 36. i think usually about the same but last month was the first month i started paying attention if I'm honest.

Longer cycles are a pain in the ass.

They really are a pain!! And made even worse when it is irregular too...I hate my cycle. My donor donates to someone else and she has the perfect 28 day cycle ovulating on CD14. Always feels like she has 2 tries in the time I get to try once.

So you only have a 10 day LP? Do you temp?

The plan WAS to temp but I ordered a BBT from amazon that hasn't showed up (three weeks later) so next cycle, yes I will be temping! haha.

It was only 10 days last month yeah

Ah ok, that's taking it's time...have you contacted amazon? Temping will really help you understand what goes on :)

Yup gave them an email. They said i have to wait until the 8th and if it doesn't show up by then they will refund it... helpful... not

Ah well... there's always next month to temp (or hopefully not!)

Indeed, fingers crossed you wont even need it x

oh im not looking forward to having to temp again :-(
definatly think i will get a fertility monitor, and i have spoken with my donor about my fears of TTC again and he has agreed to take it slowly,
just a case of waiting for AF to start in a few weeks now x

letithappen12 - Hello and welcome :flower: Have you started TTC with a donor already?

Hi yes i have started, have just had my second donation, and although i think things were against me this month im still playing the waiting game for the period. it feels like this bit takes forever. lol:shrug:

Well, clearblue still says HIGH today. Please no peak before donor gets back! Hang on for two more days! (he's back on the tenth). I'm confused because I usually ovulate really late... well I did last cycle...

Hi yes i have started, have just had my second donation, and although i think things were against me this month im still playing the waiting game for the period. it feels like this bit takes forever. lol:shrug:

That's because this bit does take FOREVER!! Any other 2 weeks are normal, however the the TWW feels soooo much longer!! You may still be in with a chance so will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Ticking - :) That is good that he was understanding. Good luck with the fertility monitor.

Laura - I don't know how the fertility monitor works but really hoping ovulation holds off for you.

I'm now CD34 - low temps and no positive OPK yet. Wondering whether it is even worth donations if I do ovulate as surely an egg this old will be no good anyway :shrug:

beeka- im hoping for this two week wait to feel like forever cause im going to be on vacation in belize on the beach... stretch time stretch =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->