Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

I have no idea what's going on this cycle. Sunday at 4pm I got a :) on my clear blue digital ovulation kit, but then by 6am Monday it was back to negative. I had taken a test a few hours before the positive on Saturday and it was negative. Was it just a false positive or could my surge have been so short?

As of this morning I still don't have a temperature shift (no beginning of a temp rise yet). I"m wondering if this is going to be an anovulatory cycle. I got a donation last night, just in case, but feeling very hopeful at the moment and had to share with someone who would understand.

Thanks for listening.
:dust:

Christie did you get a donation before Sunday? I'm sure it is quite normal for it go back to negative, you may have just caught the end of the high on Sunday?

U can O 24-48 hrs after the surge so don't worry about being negative and as long u keep temping u will know for sure when u did O. fx
afm it's another bust, af got me this am so now i'm onto cycle 14 which idk what wil happen as donor asked if i wanted a donation after telling me he didn't want to do it anymore last cycle on all days it was on O. So idk if he will this cycle but i am getting referral to do IUI and since i've done all the testing needed i should skip and get setup straight away with the procedure, since i O on my own idk if they still want me to take clomid. Hope i get in soon if not might not get a try until cycle 15.

Christie did you get a donation before Sunday? I'm sure it is quite normal for it go back to negative, you may have just caught the end of the high on Sunday?

I tested 2-4 hours before I got my positive and it was negative, so I'm pretty sure it was the start of the surge I caught. Just concerned since the surge was so short. If I had only been testing once a day like the instructions say, then I would have missed it. Lucky for me I'm a POAS addict and tested at least 3 times Sunday.

Congrats on your BFP!

Thank you :)

I'm not too sure how it all works, but the negative was 12 hours after the positive wasn't it? So the surge can go down, I've only got proper dark positives once on the two cycles I tested, by the next day they had faded which meant negative.

I didn't temp as I just didn't get on with it and relied totally on the opk's as I couldn't rely on my cm either, I had ewcm about 4 or 5 days before I ov'd, so if I'd been relying on that I would have been bu**ered! So keep going with them and I'm sure you'll get your BFP soon. :dust:

I have no idea what's going on this cycle. Sunday at 4pm I got a :) on my clear blue digital ovulation kit, but then by 6am Monday it was back to negative. I had taken a test a few hours before the positive on Saturday and it was negative. Was it just a false positive or could my surge have been so short?

its fine hun my surges were only a few hours too
neg at 6pm
positive at 9pm
negative at 6am

i still got pregnant so dont worry hun xx

I am married to a woman, and the cost of a sperm bank is crazy!! I signed up with knowndonorregistry. At first, I got annoyed with the site, but then a guy msged me who lives in our area willing to donate for free. We met him, and then his wife. The first try didn't work, but we will be trying again soon. Fingers crossed. He comes over and leaves us his sample. I think we are going to try the instead cup this time to keep things from leaking out. Good luck!!! We are using 10cc syringes. I read that it isn't good to use a bulb syringe because you can loose some of the spermies in it. My wife likes to use a speculum because she can visualize my cervix easier. I work at an obgyn clinic, so I just bring home some disposable ones. Whatever makes it easier, ya know!

Hi i am new to this..just joined up today! i am a married mami of a almost 3yo boy and i am not using donor sperm, actually my husbands, but i need somewhere to go when i feel the need to talk or ask questions. To give a lil background..I had a traumatic labor w/my 1st and it resulted in me having a condition called vaginismus (if you arent familiar, its a condition where the muscles on the pelvic floor involuntarily contract making intercourse EXTREMELY painful and in my case next to impossible) We want so badly to have another so we are trying at home insemination. we just inseminated for the first time on friday, then again sat, sun, mon, tues, but i got a positive LH surge reading this afternoon. so we are planning to keep inseminating tonite and right up until this friday to give us a whole week of coverage since my cycles vary from 30-32days. I was just wondering if anyone could offer some advice when doing it this way..neither of us have any known fertility problems..the only prob is that i cannot have intercourse. Thanks so much for your kind input!

:wave: to all the new joiners!! we are getting busy in here again!:dust:

JAZZ so glad to see you in here again. Sorry about those county rules, that is one of the good things about living here.... I wish everyone else was in the same luck as we are.... There has got to be a way, maybe out of county or state???

FAITHBABIES sooo happy to see you are getting those donations in! GL FXD! Hun, I left a message for my Secret Santas.... on my journal.... when you get a second:dust:

AFM... CD33/18DPO: I was suppose to test yesterday, but didn't I waited until I was later... you can read more in my journal.... BFP! Ladies.... :bfp: I am passed happy, but just as far passed scared. I booked an appt with my doc for Thursday since I have had a MC and we are going to move forward from there. I am cautious, very cautious.... I thank you all for your support in each way that it was given, and I know you all know I am going nowhere, I will be here through the testing threads as long as I can. I want to send an extra special thanks to my "Secret Santa" ladies!!! Read more in the journal... Let's go Feb BFPS!!!!

AMAMZING news!!! :happydance: Made me sooooo happy when I read this. Congratulations I wish you a H&H 9 months - Looks like baby D is ready to share his family :hugs:

yes i could go to another state or countie its just they want residency and thats what i don't have because right now there are no plans in moving and my wife is about to be deployed overseas. So right now i am just frustrated but there is nothing i can do about it at the moment i live in a conservative state

MYALWAYS I stalk charts like crazy, so I will be on yours. I already notice that you have quite a few white circles, do you know what happened on those days Hun?:dust:

MOMMY2B thank you sooo much! I cannot wait to relax my nerves totally. I thank you all for supporting me as well. I know you will be joining ASAP!:dust:

JAZZ I am so sorry that things are just miserable for you in that state. I looove GA, born there, but for the life that I am happy with, I cannot live there yet. The state of Maryland is working to pass the laws here as we speak, however, the county we live in honors marriages and unions of other states. I think it is worth speaking further with your lawyer. Otherwise, you can make your DW a guardian of your child at some point without adoption since there will be no father lsted right?:flower:

MOMWANNA Thank you so much! You all have told me that it would be my turn soon, and you were sooo right.... I am staying here to support you all to your BFPs!!:dust:

JLONDON Thank you! Yes, I think sharing was in the cards. I am so happy, and just kinda out-of-body, each day, I look at my BFP pics and my FF chart! I can't wait till you join me!:dust:

FAITH I would go with the EPT, I haven't had much luck with the Walmart brand, they never seemed to get dark. I think you will be well covered with tonight and tomorrow. As you can see, I did the day of twice.:dust:

AFM... CD35/20DPO: Lines are MUCH darker! I am officially not testing anymore... well, unless I get this super urge, I have 1 HPT left... :haha: Pics in the journal! Let's go Feb BFPs!!!!

Nope in order to give her guardianship, That removes Guardianship from me so thats out.
everything would be ok if they would just grand a second parent adoption in my county but thats not happening before the papers get filed they get thrown out. and there will be no father listed cause i am not listing him but they will want him listed i am just going to have to act as if i have no clue what his darn name is...smh state laws suck cause when i researched this it said georgia allows same sex second parent adoptions but when you go deeper you find out only 2 counties will allow. and tell me why those 2 counties are in the hood with horrible school systems.. smh i will just have to wait the only thing i can do right now is try to get residency with out moving in a state that will allow it so i have to search difffrent attorneys and see what they say so i can get around the law

So Ladies I am in my last Trimester 33 weeks on saturday.
I love this feeling of being pregnant and all but Micah you are starting to outgrow your stay in mommy tummy. I would love for him to arrive before the 20th of April healthy so my wife can be at my labor but i doubt it my kids are never arrive on their due date or near it. even though my due date is May 12.

I will attempt to walk him on out. contractions have started but they come and go or they will come all day and then fade away right before i decide to go to the ER.

3/3/12 I had my baby shower it went well.
and yesterday i had my photo shoot so when i get those pictures i will post them.

I miss you ladies... I am sorry for your loss Ticking but i am glad you are in a positive state of mind.
and to anyone else who has had a recent Miscarriage... Keep your head up
to the ladies who have recieved bfp's congrats Have a H & H 9months.

Attachments

• 8month.jpg
    8month.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 8month2.jpg
    8month2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi i am new to this..just joined up today! i am a married mami of a almost 3yo boy and i am not using donor sperm, actually my husbands, but i need somewhere to go when i feel the need to talk or ask questions. To give a lil background..I had a traumatic labor w/my 1st and it resulted in me having a condition called vaginismus (if you arent familiar, its a condition where the muscles on the pelvic floor involuntarily contract making intercourse EXTREMELY painful and in my case next to impossible) We want so badly to have another so we are trying at home insemination. we just inseminated for the first time on friday, then again sat, sun, mon, tues, but i got a positive LH surge reading this afternoon. so we are planning to keep inseminating tonite and right up until this friday to give us a whole week of coverage since my cycles vary from 30-32days. I was just wondering if anyone could offer some advice when doing it this way..neither of us have any known fertility problems..the only prob is that i cannot have intercourse. Thanks so much for your kind input!

Hi Mamidoll :flow:

Sounds like you are doing good with your insems, I had insems over 5 days, the first one being on day -02. I would recommend using preseed and softcups, I take it you know to let the sperm settle for 10 mins before loading the syringe? My donor deposited directly into the softcup, after 10 mins he loaded the syringe and then I inserted preseed first and then the sperm straight away, lay down with hips elevated for at least an hour and then inserted the same softcup and slept with it in. (I did my insems at night so I could do this) A big O is recommended to help the cervix dip down and pic those little guys up.. Good luck :dust:

hi guys

hope you dont mind me butting in but me and oh are trying at home insemination for the first time,im not 100% sure if ive got things planned right,im due to ov on the 27th this month so was thinking of doing it on the 23rd,25th and 27th do you think this is going to be right timing? also im i right imserting the sperm as soon as he gives it me with a pillow under my bum? and heard i need to bring myself to the big O after ive inserted it and leave the syringe in there for a bit to stop leakage?
is there anything else i need to do or have i got everything covered.

thanks in advance

JLONDON- thanks so much! we are planning on getting the instead cups if this month doesnt work (which im not expecting it to, this month we are kinda just practicing..LOL). I don't know how well they will work though b/c i have such a hard time inserting ANYTHING into my vagina, even the syringe, but i manage. I got a REALLY dark line this AM on my OPK and i also have CM today..so we are planning on doing another round tonite when he gets home from work and tomorrow as well. Thanks again! hope to talk soon. :winkwink:

mamidoll - Hiii

bluerose2012- hiiiii

JLONDON- hiiii

& Hiii to all the other ladies ! Its been a while since i've been on , how are you guys doin ?

Hey :)

I'm good thanks, getting a bit annoyed with myself as I can't get my pregnancy out of my head, but am sure I'll get used to it as time goes on!

How are you?

Hi Ladies- I have been MIA for a while. I just was so lost after my last bfn.... I am going to do some catch up reading to see how everyone is... but- in the meantime I am hoping to get some input...

Ok- since I was last on- I went for the hsg appt- but that was a mess, very painful- and the dye all leaked out before making it to my uterus- they would have had to start over and I said no. Went to my GYN to follow up- she agreed to let me wait on redoing it and gave me clomid 50mg to start next cycle. However, she asked me to tell her the process of home insem I use from start to finish- and she said "I doubt that any- or hardly any sperm are even making it alive inside of you- to your cervix." I asked why and she couldn't give me an answer though. What confuses me is- for example- if I was going to do IUI- I could bring in a fresh sample of semen as long as I got it there in 30 minutes or less. So- if I am inseminating in that same time frame- why are they dieing??

Anyway, I am 1-2 days post AF being due. I do have AF cramps, off and on. And, yesterday I had one time of teeny tiny light pink spotting, really teeny amount though. I have a hard time beleiving it could really have worked- especially since I do have cramps but....
More to come.
Ann

MrsMM- I just was starting to read back and saw your post from the 21st that you got a BFP! That is absolutely tremendous!!!! Congrats!!

Back on my 2ww now! Little worried as I only have a 10 day Luteal Phase... but we shall see how it goes. Have a look at my diary (link below) for a funny story about my donation and LH surge. It's hard to explain without the pictures...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->