Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Well I think AF is going to arrive tomorrow on CD26 (since ERPC op for MMC ) which is exactly the time AF was coming in cycles prior to my BFP so fingers crossed it hasn't altered my cycle much!!
my tummy is gurgling away tonight, a sign of impending AF for me

Do any of u get fresh sperm in shipping method. I'm hopefully using it this cycle for the first time so was wondering any cheap kits i can buy or suggestions on the process. We are doing video chat in the next few days and i am really nervous, he will decide then. I found a kit for $80 thru a facebook group for donors. Is that cheap?

Ticking- I am so sorry for your loss. ((Hugs)).

I'm out this month. Decided to poas- bfn- and within an hour got af. :( ALthough I can't even imagine this ever working and my getting my dream of being pg and a mom- I am still so sad to get the bfn result.

I felt like it was never going to work but on month 4 I got my BFP
Despite loosing my baby I'm not going to give up, so please don't xxxx

Do any of u get fresh sperm in shipping method. I'm hopefully using it this cycle for the first time so was wondering any cheap kits i can buy or suggestions on the process. We are doing video chat in the next few days and i am really nervous, he will decide then. I found a kit for $80 thru a facebook group for donors. Is that cheap?

Fresh sperm being sent has to have a tyb buffer in it in order for the sperm to be used. Or else sperm with no tyb will die it will dry up. 80 is a great price

I felt like it was never going to work but on month 4 I got my BFP
Despite loosing my baby I'm not going to give up, so please don't xxxx

Ticking- thank you! I have respect for your attitude going through all of that! I love this forum, because it gives me hope! My GYN told me she didn't think sperm could make it to insemination. Can you give me tips on how to transport so I have the best chance? Also, I get SO much leakage, any idea how to avoid that?? I know these are TMI questions, so if your not comfortable answering I totally understand.

Fresh sperm being sent has to have a tyb buffer in it in order for the sperm to be used. Or else sperm with no tyb will die it will dry up. 80 is a great price

Glad it is, that's the price including shipping and the tyb, he kind explained how it works just hoping we can give it a shot this month, the donor i'm considering had 10 successful donations so fx he accepts us and we can start.

ANNHEINS I wish you luck! As for survival, using the kits is the best way unless you have a donor that is very close in proximity or can come over and give you a fresh donation. as for leakage, the greatest thing that I have found are teh SOFTCUPS, I swear by them!!

:wave: Ladies!

sorry to hear about your loss MrsMM24.

hope everyone else is ok.

afm. i ve started to internet date, been talking to a guy for 2 weeks now and we are meeting up next fri. if things go well wonder how he will take the news that my boys are ai concieved.

Ooooh congrats topaz I've just started "chatting with/ met" a guy, he has had the snip so still going to do donations,
Wonder how he would take the news lol

well me and oh have just done our first AI we dtd so to speak on the 23rd 24th 25 n 27th wanted to do it 27th too but oh was shattered by the time i got to bed(i was working late that night didnt go bed till after 1am~) hope we have done enough i got a positive opk on the 25th so fingers crossed

hey ladies just popping in to say hi :hi: I am 8 or 9 dpo..mild cramps the last couple of days and acne which is not unusual the week before AF :( fingers crossed that it's not the witch. I think we're going to only do 3 more tries at home insem and if no bfp we are going back to our RE for IUI.... sigh

:dust: to everyone! :)

So, yesterday I was on the way to work on the tube and I lost like three stops... I think I fainted, but it's difficult to know for sure as I was sitting down. I know I got to London Bridge and went very very hot before waking up at Westminster station. I was meant to get off at Waterloo so had to go back on myself. I got to work and spoke to my supervisor as I still didn't feel great at all, and she sent me to the hospital to get checked out. I did tell her I might be pregnant too... so that's out at work. I know she'll keep it to herself though, which is ok.

So I went to the hospital and they were VERY thorough indeed, which I thought was a good thing. After bloods and urine samples they diagnosed a UTI - joy. Oddly, though, I don't feel I've had symptoms of a UTI. Sure, the nausea can be accounted to that, but I don't feel like the stomach pain I've been having is in my bladder area at all - and it's not an irritated or burning pain - more a crampy pain. I dunno, maybe it's a dormant UTI that had been there for a while. I haven't had a urine test in a ridiculous amount of time so it may have just been picked up.

Anyhow, I don't FEEL like I have a UTI.

Still holding out hope that it might be a BFP in a few days time. They did do a pregnancy test at the hospital, but it was negative. But then at 5DPO, it would be. The doctor said he couldn't rule out a pregnancy and gave me pregnancy safe antibiotics just in case.

Anyone been in this situation and still got a BFP?

Hello all,

It's been a while but just came back quickly to check up on how you are all doing. Fab to see some BFPs but sad to see some losses too :hugs:

My twins are now just over 3 months old. I gave birth to a girl and a boy in late December. I never thought i would get here when i was TTC! I am doubly blessed but still so so broody! Hope that passes!

I just wanted to say, dont give up! As each month passed i thought about giving up, but i'm so so glad i persevered! I hope that soon you will all be where i am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->