Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

hi ladies. its been awhile. this is the first thread i posted on here when i joined and i just wanted to see how everyone was doing. im 6 dpo and not feeling very hopeful. its prob just hormones due to PMS. it was DH and my 1st go w/ at home AI this month. im hoping it works but im being realistic at the same time! it would be nice to get some reassurance from ladies who have had success! good luck to all of you! :dust:

grrr... Some eejit who used to be on a forum I'm on email me just now saying

"normally have them symptoms before af then day later i normally come on.i asked my friend who is a witch and she says your not pregnant this cycle, but keep in their. you will be "

FURIOUS!

How rude! How absolutely disgustingly rude!

laura- im mostly offended by the poor spelling =) just ignore them

id flat out cry if i was pregnant with twins. im single and do not want more than 1. quite frankly id look into sd even for twins.

oops i meant sr.. selective reduction. twins are awesome, but not for me.

Would that even be aloud. I understand with extream multiples where survival is drastically reduced. But that's not the case with twins so would drs do it cos you only wanted one, you would risk losing the other too.

Sorry not for me. Id find a way to manage.

Wow, thats incredibly insulting and pretty ignorant.

I'm single too and i have an older child too. Obviously i did not plan twins but you find a way to cope - it always perplexes me that someone would go all out to get pregnant and then abort a child. Madness.

Twins are a blessings!

Double care, double trouble!! most of all: DOUBLE JOY;))

I agree with Laura, it would be a bit of a shock, but my God a wonderful one :hugs:

Hi all.. I would love to have twins, even triplets. I know being single would be very difficult but I'll do my best to handle them. My FS is always so worried to put me on high dose of Clomid because I have PCO and I sometimes produce more than one egg naturally, but I told him, I've been TTC for so long now and it's been mentally and emotionally draining, at least if I get multiples, then I could 'retire' from this.

Well, some might argue that TTC is nothing compared to taking care of children, but I'm just the type of person who knows exactly what I want and need in my life.

Mechanica, I didn't know u had one boy and a girl. I thought that u had twin girls. But honestly, I'm envious of u.. Do u have pics??

:dust:

my daughter and my friends think im going to have twins, after loosing my baby a month ago i would now be thrilled to have twins.................. or 8 for that matter hahaha

how is it insulting for me to say that for ME twins wouldnt work? that is no judgement on you. perhaps i want to have a child and want to provide the best care and life for that child and feel that i cant do that if i have more than one. everyone makes individual choices. just as i wouldnt judge someone for having mutiples (i have 2 friends with triplets) why would you judge someone for not wanting to do the same?

drsquid - i dont think the issue here is entirely with you being wiling in making that choice but when some people go to great lengths to have kids they are greatful for a viable pregnancy no matter how many they conceive. + that includes me while i respect ur decision + having the same attitude at one stage that i clearly only wanted one baby not twins which is a risk for me as i have twin siblings through my mum releasing too many eggs. having been ttc for 4 years with nothing to show for it bt my memories of my m/c i would be ecstatic to have a happy and healthy pregnancy be it one baby or more no matter how difficult it may be + i was there when my mum brought the three of us up single handedly so i know how difficult coping as a single parent can be.

p.s. hope all u lovely ladies are well

afm - have my fs appt 2moro + am nervous as hell as things have been so crazy this end i havent had time to ponder til the last day or two :dust: to all

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->