Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

how is it insulting for me to say that for ME twins wouldnt work? that is no judgement on you. perhaps i want to have a child and want to provide the best care and life for that child and feel that i cant do that if i have more than one. everyone makes individual choices. just as i wouldnt judge someone for having mutiples (i have 2 friends with triplets) why would you judge someone for not wanting to do the same?

Why would you say to a person with twins 'rather you than me, i'd abort one' (which is what you insinuated). How is that not insulting? I didn't think i could cope either, but since i was TTC all along, why would i abort a healthy foetus? it's like saying to someone who has a child born with disability 'oh, i couldn't cope with that, i'd have got rid'. No one PLANS multiples (except possibly octomum, but whatever), just like no one plans disability, so how could you possibly judge your friends who have triplets?? Thats like saying 'oh, i don't judge my friend because she has brown hair'.

I'm not judging you for not wanting twins (whatever works for you), i'm just wondering why you felt the need to comment on my situation - it's rude. I came here to support everyone here since i was a member of this thread for a long while; i didn't expect someone to scoff at my life or the fact that i was BLESSED with an extra child.

i dindt comment on your situation. i had no idea you were pregnant with twins (and actually didnt realize you were pregnant with twins til just now your ticker says baby not babies).. i was commenting on ticking clocks "omg twins id cry" which i had no idea had anything to do with you. and no i wouldnt say it to someone with a child with disabilities (just as i wasnt aware i was saying it to you) but.. i think there is nothing wrong with knowing you would terminate if you were pregnant with a child with disabilities

My son has a "hidden disability" and I love him to bits, he's funny, witty, loving and crazy just like me!
His friends don't believe him when he tells them about his condition as you just can't tell he has it.
Hell I'd be happy with 10 babies right now I just want to make it to a live birth :-(

MECHANICA, congrats on the twins!! Can't wait to see the lovelies!

As for the multiples comment, well, I didn't and don't want twins, but GEMINI put it best. We are going through great lengths to concieve and I have had 2 MCs in less than a year. If I was pregnant and told I had two in there, I would jump for joy!!

mrsmm - only just seen your post. i am so so sorry for you + family. hope you take your time to deal and recover from this. my thoughts are with you all
xx

part of my reasoning is also the risk factor. yes high multiples are far higher risk ,but twins are not a negligible risk. i read preterm us all day on twins (and singles too i admit). again, for ME, and ME ALONE. a singleton pregnancy would be my ideal. at this point i havent even achieved a bfp so it is all just talk. we never really know what we will do in any given situation until we are faced with it.

Hello everyone, ok so Im new to this whole forums and posting stuff, and although this has nothing to do with the previous conversation, I fear trying to navigate anywhere else or I might not find my way back to the Lesbians TTC with a donor link I found on this site ( thank u Mrsmm24, I think that's your screen name lol, I suck at this forum stuff lol). Anyways, anyone that wants to give me better instructions, please do so. If I am in the right place, great! Yes my wife and I are using a sperm donor, so does that mean I'm in the right place to talk?

Thanks so much to anyone that can let me know!

Well it's not just lesbians who post/are trying to conceive using donor sperm, but yes you are in the right place

Welcome xxx

Oh ok I see :) as long as I'm in the right place for anyone using donor sperm. Thanks!

That you are, and welcome to the donor TTC family,
All rants/happiness/tears are welcome here, and we support each other fully xxxx

Lol thank u so much! My wife and I just did our first series of home insemination with donor sperm for the first month, however, I should be seeing AF in a day or two and I'm still only getting BFN's. Ugh, looks like this was not our month. Looking forward to trying again next month though!

I will be doing my first self insem soon. I have got the preseed and oral syringe (10ml) so I would really like to find out whether would it hurt when you insert the oral syringe?

I'm probably 10DPO and fingers crossed that AF will stay away. Sometimes I feel that she's about to come, but somehow, something feels different this cycle.
:dust:

Lian I hope you get a BFP this time,

I am having first donation on sunday since my miscarriage, can't believe it's been 5 weeks already since my baby gained their wings.
Xx

Meishka - Welcome to the forum! This one is for anyone trying to conceive at home with donor sperm, but there are also forums specifically for Lesbians TTC. I've joined both myself.

You're not allowed to post links on this site until you've made 10 posts, and I'm not there yet, so I'll give you the way to find the other forums.

The lesbian-interest ones on baby and bump:

paste this into Google: team-rainbow-mummies-gay-surrogates-lesbian-transgender-bisexual-ttc-group

and:
454201-lesbian-couples-ttc-20

And there is queer parenting forum at mothering. Go there and search for queer parenting

ticking.clock - Sorry to hear about your m/c. I miscarried just under 5 weeks ago as well, and we decided to give it another go this month, even though it's hard to know if the cycle is in any way normal. I'm using the FAM method - how do you track things?

What other methods for predicting the optimal time for insemination are others using out there?

Our donor is a good friend, but not a best friend, if that makes sense, so I don't like to call him too often, because he has a life, kids, etc. We tried twice this month, which I think was a good way to go, because I had this huge gush (unlike normal months) of EWCM and we tried that night, but then small bits of EWCM continued, so we tried again 3 days later, and I am thinking that maybe that was the day of ovulation (I had two mini temp spikes, so it's unclear this month).

Hi ladies, just popping in to say hello :hi:

As my ticker says I'm CD4 at the mo, got donations lined up for CD12, 13 and 14. I'm travelling to my donor, booked the train and the hotel last night :thumbup: feeling excited at the moment, hopefully with 3 donations over 3 days I can cover more of my fertile period which can range from CD11 to CD16.

Lian, I hope that you're right and that this cycle is different for you :thumbup::hugs:

Firefly, the syringe never hurts when I use it. If it does hurt, use the pre-seed to add some lubrication :thumbup:

Wipednwired - I use smiley OPK's, the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor (CBFM), cervical position (CP) tracking, cervical mucus (CM) tracking, and I think that's it :haha: lol, oh of course, I temp as well :thumbup:

Ticking, good luck with donations :thumbup: :hugs:

Meishka, welcome to the forum :thumbup:

Faithbabies, thinking of you, really hoping this is your month and you get that long overdue BFP!!!! :hugs:

MrsMM, lovely to see you in this thread, thinking of you as always :hugs:

Lots of :dust: to us all

MEISHKA Welcome Hun, glad that you were able to navigate thru. This thread has a lot of ladies with different situations, and I love it. If and when you are looking to add more threads, just go to my journal, I have posted links to all the Lesbian threads there as until recently, we did not have our own location. :)thumbup:BnB!) GL to you in the TWW! :dust:

:wave:welcome FIREFLY74 and WIPEDNWIRED, nice to have some newbies here to join this great bunch of ladie!:dust:

:hi:CHERYL, yes, I loooove this thread, one of the 1st I joined some time ago when I arrived, but I have been on a leave from the threads since early Feb when I MC'd, really was just lurking and updating my testing threads. FXD to you this cycle!:dust:

MEISHKA & WIPEDNWIRED & FIREFLY74 ~ Welcome :)

Everybody ~ Heyy :) How are you guys doing ?

AFM~ haven't been on much because I've been apt hunting plus I just had my midterms so I hope i atleast get a C on those :thumbup: also still looking for a donor & waiting for AF :( with feb being 29days this year it messed my cycle up as of now im on CD 30 when I usually have a 28 DayCycle . So all I can do is WAIT ''/

ladies I can say that I finally found a new donor. He sound very professional and has done it before. Just the feeling I got was good. YAY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->